Trying to be patient and positive

GangGreen25

But how is collecting multiple younger marginal NFL talent for less money a preferred approach to spending a little money and taking a flyer on older but once proven NFL caliber players. Carlos Rogers or Ryan Clark weren't worth a serious look as place holders. I understand the free agent needs to be interested in The Jets but are we even reaching out to these agents??

I don't know for sure but an aging corner or safety with a chance to end a career

on a defensive oriented team with a respected defensive mind like Ryan's. Wouldn't you think that they would at least except and invite to visit?? Phone company DMC. The kind of humor I've come to love this site for.

But how is collecting multiple younger marginal NFL talent for less money a preferred approach to spending a little money and taking a flyer on older but once proven NFL caliber players. Carlos Rogers or Ryan Clark weren't worth a serious look as place holders. I understand the free agent needs to be interested in The Jets but are we even reaching out to these agents??

You stay strong, friend. It's like Hiroshima.

I don't know for sure but an aging corner or safety with a chance to end a career

on a defensive oriented team with a respected defensive mind like Ryan's. Wouldn't you think that they would at least except and invite to visit?? Phone company DMC. The kind of humor I've come to love this site for.

Not for nothing, but Ryan Clark was going to make $12 Million this year, I think. Definitely at least $8. I'm too lazy but I wrote on this a few months ago. Regardless, he was going to want a lot of loot

Did you type this in the dark while drink Zima? 

Not for nothing, but Ryan Clark was going to make $12 Million this year, I think. Definitely at least $8. I'm too lazy but I wrote on this a few months ago. Regardless, he was going to want a lot of loot[/quot

I get caring about the money to a certain respect. Especially as a Jets fan seeing what the few final years of crazy spending at the hand if Tannenbaum. But come on. How does a one year contract that makes a team more competitive for this year and doesn't hamstring their cap for future years impact fans negatively.

JN is nothing if not consistent.  All it takes is seeing a thread title like this to know what it really means is "I'm going to start an entirely new thread complaining about the same stuff that already fills this board".  Good times.

Apparently every player that the Jets don't sign is a devastating loss and the Jets obviously should have signed them.  Of course, every signing they have had was pointless and meaningless.  I can't believe the Jets have allowed any other team in the NFL to even sign a single free agent, they should have all clearly been coming to the Jets.

I get caring about the money to a certain respect. Especially as a Jets fan seeing what the few final years of crazy spending at the hand if Tannenbaum. But come on. How does a one year contract that makes a team more competitive for this year and doesn't hamstring their cap for future years impact fans negatively.

We're not winning this year regardless. One year bandaid contracts take away from a younger guys playing time and development and with the new CBA money not spent isn't just lost. I'm all for signing guys like Decker who will still be contributors in a few years but I see no point negatively impacting the long term by adding anyone just for an extra win or two this year the way Tanny loved to do it

We're not winning this year regardless. One year bandaid contracts take away from a younger guys playing time and development and with the new CBA money not spent isn't just lost. I'm all for signing guys like Decker who will still be contributors in a few years but I see no point negatively impacting the long term by adding anyone just for an extra win or two this year the way Tanny loved to do it

Winning does matter. It attracts better talent. We're not signing young developmental talent. We are signing warm bodies who over a body of work have proven to be limited in their scope and potential. Winning is a learned skill. Winners want to go to winning clubs. We need to show a commitment to winning.

JN is nothing if not consistent.  All it takes is seeing a thread title like this to know what it really means is "I'm going to start an entirely new thread complaining about the same stuff that already fills this board".  Good times.

Apparently every player that the Jets don't sign is a devastating loss and the Jets obviously should have signed them.  Of course, every signing they have had was pointless and meaningless.  I can't believe the Jets have allowed any other team in the NFL to even sign a single free agent, they should have all clearly been coming to the Jets.

I would respectfully suggest this comment does not fit the tone of my post. I didn't complain all free agency. But when even the 2nd and 3rd level players are being cobbled up without as much as a call, you wonder what's the game plan on some positions we are woefully equipped to contend with this season.

Winning does matter. It attracts better talent. We're not signing young developmental talent. We are signing warm bodies who over a body of work have proven to be limited in their scope and potential. Winning is a learned skill. Winners want to go to winning clubs. We need to show a commitment to winning.

The clubs that are consistent winners build and develop through the draft. Tanny giving away the house for a couple extra W's every year is the reason last years roster was such a nightmare.

Lmao, we have 20 something million is cap space this year! We should have signed Meevis and djax @ 10+mm a piece! Once we sign draft pics we're good for the next two years with this roster because we can't make any other moves! Super Bowl baby!

I do not want aging corners or aging safeties.  I would rather try out a young guy than bring in someone who is guaranteed to be a step or three behind.

Yeah so signing guys like Vick, Patterson, & Ford do what for the future of the Jets?    Band aid fixes for injury prone guys and two of those guys are old, not young.

Yeah so signing guys like Vick, Patterson, & Ford do what for the future of the Jets? Band aid fixes for injury prone guys and two of those guys are old, not young.

I didn't want Vick but hes ment to push Geno if wants his job. You aren't going to find that in the draft outside of us using a very high pick. Ford is a special teams guy who can be cut if they draft somebody better. Patterson is depth and we're still probably going corner towards the top of the draft. Signing guys like Ryan Clark or DeMarcus Ware made no sense for us. What did Ed Reed do for us last year other than take snaps away from guys who might actually be here next season?

The clubs that are consistent winners build and develop through the draft. Tanny giving away the house for a couple extra W's every year is the reason last years roster was such a nightmare.

The Patriots signed Revis and Browner and a whole host of WR's.  They've been very active in FA.

The Giants signed DRC and Thurmond and several other key FA's and have also been aggressive.

The Broncos signed Talib and Demarcus Ware.

The Seahawks, 49'ers, Saints, Ravens have all been very active as well.  These are very successful franchises today.  They all had some money (none as much as the Jets) and addressed needs in FA and will bolster youth through the draft.  It's not a one or the other type proposition.  It's a combination of both to supplement your team needs.

The Steelers by comparison have hit the wall by relying solely on the draft.  By missing on some players and not spending in FA, they have a ton of holes.  Ironically, they've been in cap hell for several years running.  They're a bad team being kept afloat by a better than average QB. 

take it from me, patient and positive is not the right attitude. a much healthier alternative is to diminish all expectations.

...and one will never be disappointed.  I like it.

players get to choose where they go

that's why it's "free" agency

the jets don't have a lot to sell with the weather, taxes, cost of living and the QB situation

I'm happy idzik isn't paying the +15% "because jets" fee like we did for o'donnell and countless other guys

his philosophy is to build through the draft

it's not that difficult to understand

Archived