I can't lie, this worries me a bit...

BroadwayJets

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is even a better example Watch these 11 minutes of 3rd down ineptitude by the defense and STs, penalties, dropped INTs, Roughing the punter, 2 and 8's 3rd and 6's galore. Tell me where is the pass rush? You with the smart ass mouth who doesn't know WTF he is talking about-watch the tape bro watch the tape

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2011012300/2010/POST20/jets@steelers#menu=highlights&tab=reca

I'm sorry I hurt your feelings with facts, you whiny little bitch.

I'm sorry I hurt your feelings with facts, you whiny little bitch.

watch the tapes tough guy watch the tapes-all you have is your stats and a big mouth that sure talks tough OVER THE INTERNET get some balls little boy

I guess you lost the link to the Patriots game? Every other game for four seasons? You lose those links?

Can you please at least admit that the Jets had the best pass defense in football over that four year span? Because they did.

you still didn't watch the tapes I see...who cares about the Patriots game-we're discussing the failure of Rex's defense when it counts the most-like in a championship game or two 

watch the tapes tough guy watch the tapes-all you have is your stats and a big mouth that sure talks tough OVER THE INTERNET get some balls little boy

I'm the tough guy, right? You're the one that took this to another level, you non ******* entity. Someone complimented you and let you think you were smart for a minute. I pointed out how that was actually incorrect and you got all ******* twitchy.

I'm the tough guy, right? You're the one that took this to another level, you non ******* entity. Someone complimented you and let you think you were smart for a minute. I pointed out how that was actually incorrect and you got all ******* twitchy.

is that what happened? You have a warped sense of history-like I need to have someone tell me I'm right? I have been watching football since before your mommy and daddy were even born

you still didn't watch the tapes I see...who cares about the Patriots game-we're discussing the failure of Rex's defense when it counts the most-like in a championship game or two 

You're switching the argument now. First it was about the pass defense now it's about Rex' defense when I already told you that Mendenhall shredded them. The defense gave up 17 ******* points and 130 passing yards and shut them out in the second half. Somehow that's your definition of being shredded. I disagree.

You're switching the argument now. First it was about the pass defense now it's about Rex' defense when I already told you that Mendenhall shredded them. The defense gave up 17 ******* points and 130 passing yards and shut them out in the second half. Somehow that's your definition of being shredded. I disagree.

Look until you can sit quietly for 11 minutes and then another 9 minutes and WATCH THE HIGHLIGHTS then I will not be discussing anything more about this subject with someone who has to be right, regardless of what the facts are-not what the stats are-that is what is called IGNORANCE. I hate arguing with ignorant people. So watch the tapes and we can talk again

Look, it's all about the pass rush. We already tried it with the best CBs in the league (Revis and Cro in their prime) and still just got chopped to pieces from the slot and the TE positions. We need a new Sack Exchange if we want or hope to go anywhere.

Your original quote.

Best pass defense in the league from 2009 - 2012. I guess we "tried".

Your backup argument is now about the Steelers game.

Heath Miller two catches on four targets for 38 yards. Emanuel Sanders one catch for twenty yards. Brown one catch for 14 yards.

Yup, got totally destroyed by the TE's and Slot receivers.

You are standing on a very tiny rhetorical island. But hey, your memory, right?

maybe Rex learned that you can't always call for 1-on-1 coverage when you have a broken down CB with a bum hip?  

if this defense can stop giving up so many big plays it will easily be back in the top 10.    It's a lot to ask of a rookie to step in and start as a DB but this team is likely going into TC 1-injury away from disaster in the secondary.  

Wonderful that the jets under Ryan typically have had stout defense. The fallacy of Wrecks Ryan's gameplan  is that any defense no matter how good is gonna break down a few times every game. Which is why a good passing offense is a must. And right now the Jets don't have that. And understand when Ryan is your coach this is a given, We have 2 games vs. the Pats and 1 vs. the Broncos. I would bet right now each of those game is going to be a loss, and not only because of 2 games in 5 days. The Jets cannot keep up offensively. The rest is details.

well before last seson they said the jets will win 4 games so i guess that will put us at what 12  GO JETS!!

now you are understanding the power of the dark side--jets always do the opposite of the fans' expectations

Wonderful that the jets under Ryan typically have had stout defense. The fallacy of Wrecks Ryan's gameplan  is that any defense no matter how good is gonna break down a few times every game. Which is why a good passing offense is a must. And right now the Jets don't have that. And understand when Ryan is your coach this is a given, We have 2 games vs. the Pats and 1 vs. the Broncos. I would bet right now each of those game is going to be a loss, and not only because of 2 games in 5 days. The Jets cannot keep up offensively. The rest is details.

If this were case, keeping up with the Pats O, then how did the Jets beat the Pats last year? I think the Jets split with the Pats this year as they have better O weapons and will hopefully have better QB play. As for the Broncos,  Its being playe at home whch means we have a better than average shot to upset the Broncos. I think Rex has watched the Superbowl tape and is taking cues from that game to rattle Peyton. Let's see how it goes.  

10-6 in 2014 for the NYJ.

LL

Gotta love Rex on coaching D, more often than not he finds a way to make the other team's O struggle. The one thing that always held Rex teams back was the O. This year we are upgrding the weapons and we have Marty M running the  show for another year. I have faith that they will do better, barring any significant injuries, I think they will go at least 10-6 and g to the playoffs.

LL

LMFAO - Big Ben was terrible that game.

Rex stifled Manning, Brady and Big Ben in their homes.  How coud you even begin to argue differently? 

F'ing clueless.

Who knows, maybe I'm wrong JiF, maybe we were watching a different game down here in Florida from the rest of the country but I know that 'I' saw us not making any important 2nd and long and 3rd down stops or making any big turnovers especially INTs from the DBs in those two AFCCG's of 2010 and '11. I've been waiting to see if anybody else was going to jump in here and put THEIR .02 cents in as to what THEY thought they saw in those games.

I mean I thought it was common knowledge AND WISDOM among the faithful here, that Rex's defenses never seem to make the big stops when they are really needed in the biggest games. 

Who knows, maybe I'm wrong JiF, maybe we were watching a different game down here in Florida from the rest of the country but I know that 'I' saw us not making any important 2nd and long and 3rd down stops or making any big turnovers especially INTs from the DBs in those two AFCCG's of 2010 and '11. I've been waiting to see if anybody else was going to jump in here and put THEIR .02 cents in as to what THEY thought they saw in those games.

I mean I thought it was common knowledge AND WISDOM among the faithful here, that Rex's defenses never seem to make the big stops when they are really needed in the biggest games. 

Your memory is terrible.  They picked off Big Ben twice.  He didnt throw a TD.  He was absolutely terrible on that day.  Yes, he made the big play at the end of the game by doing what he does, extending plays with his feet because he's a monster and he's elusive and Jets were all over his ass that day.  He had to scrambe 11 different times. Outside of 1 play, their isnt an argument here.  Its fact.  He was garbage.  Rex shut his ass down. 

Your memory is terrible. They picked off Big Ben twice. He didnt throw a TD. He was absolutely terrible on that day. Yes, he made the big play at the end of the game by doing what he does, extending plays with his feet because he's a monster and he's elusive and Jets were all over his ass that day. He had to scrambe 11 different times. Outside of 1 play, their isnt an argument here. Its fact. He was garbage. Rex shut his ass down.

It's amazing these Jets aren't lining the streets with Lombardis.

It's amazing these Jets aren't lining the streets with Lombardis.

Big half time lead-of no consequence. REX IS THE MAN. The "Rex's super  defense will win a chanpionship" thing is getting your leg peed on and being told you're insane because it's simply raining.

Let's put it in the simplest of terms; our rivals in the same stadium and in our division laugh at us with good reason.

JiFfy makes his own counterpoint; burying the lede. "Yes, he made the big play at the end of the game by doing what he does, extending plays..." Which is a long way of saying every defense no matter how good is gonna give up some plays. So have a decent passing  offense to score some points. The Jets do not.

If that forward pass by Sanchez was actually called as a forward pass n not a fumble, you'd be singing a much different tune. Jets D was terrible the first half, missing I believe 11 tackles. Very uncharacteristic of Rex's D. But they gave up just 17 first half points even with those missed tackles. Two TDs n a FG. Not the worst defensive effort by any means. Rex adjusted and showed u why he was an elite DC and shut down the Steelers in the second half. No missed tackle = no points.

Sure, the Jets needed to stop Ben on that last play n they almost did, but when the offense can't out score 17 points in 60 minutes, you don't have to be a genius to figure out which side of the ball the blame should lay. U can't possibly be thinking that when the steelers went up by 17 points, they stopped trying offensively.

With this secondary I don't see the Jets being better than 2-5 after the first seven games. I see losses to GB, Chi, Det, Den, NE and possibly SD. The second half of the season should be better, but they face a murderer's row of QB's in the first seven games. Even if the Jets get the best CB in the draft he will be a rookie who is sure to struggle early and improve late (see Dee Milliner). I won't be jumping off any bridges however, because I think Iggy's plan is to shoot for 2015 for a playoff run.

If this were case, keeping up with the Pats O, then how did the Jets beat the Pats last year? I think the Jets split with the Pats this year as they have better O weapons and will hopefully have better QB play. As for the Broncos,  Its being playe at home whch means we have a better than average shot to upset the Broncos. I think Rex has watched the Superbowl tape and is taking cues from that game to rattle Peyton. Let's see how it goes.  

10-6 in 2014 for the NYJ.

LL

With that secondary, the Jets are going to get ROASTED by Rodgers, Cutler, Stafford, Manning and Brady. Rivers I think the Jets can handle, but maybe not. The front seven is as stout as ANY in the league, but with Patterson and Wilson at CB simply has these guys salivating at the prospect of BIG GAMES against the Jets. Jets 8-8 after a 2-5 start.

As far as the Secondary, I do't think we will know their state until the last pre-season game. Outside of the secondary, I think we are much improved. 10-6. I trust Rex has already thought about how to structure the D to take advantage of the D line and probably has Idzik's ear on some D players that are flying under the radar in the Draft.

10-6.

Archived