******* Official 2014 Roadtrips thread *******

Rebel is solid for Jets games, but I'd go elsewhere in Wrigley for the Thursday night game if that's where you're going to be. Hit up Goose Island or somewhere else, Rebel doesn't offer much when the Jets aren't playing.

Alright sounds good. Thanks

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't believe you aren't going to GB

I go where I get free trips.  If they build a Harrah's next to the stadium there, and my Dad can get me a free trip, I will be there.  Otherwise, not so much lol.

I am going to that game, so we will definitely have to make sure Jets fans have a plan for before the game!  Thanks.

Sweet Manman, then yeah we need to get Jet fans together especially for this game! Im just gonna have to trade seats with someone close by the Jet Nation crowd!! LOL  :superman:    ::GoJets:

Rebel is solid for Jets games, but I'd go elsewhere in Wrigley for the Thursday night game if that's where you're going to be. Hit up Goose Island or somewhere else, Rebel doesn't offer much when the Jets aren't playing.

We're staying downtown on Thursday. Any suggestions in that area?

We're staying downtown on Thursday. Any suggestions in that area?

You're honestly not too far from other places if you're downtown. The good thing about staying there is you're a quick bus or L ride out to any of the neighborhoods. TBH downtown Chicago doesn't have a TON to offer regarding nightlife, that area is more touristy/business stuff. There are restaurants and bars, but they kind of suck and overcharge out the ass.

Specifics for a couple great breweries:

Revolution - Logan Square

Goose Island - Wrigley

Piece - Wicker Park

If you're downtown you should be near both the Blue and Red lines. It's about a 15-20 minute ride out to any of those neighborhoods. There's nothing wrong with going and spending the night in Wrigley, (especially since the Cubs are out of town that week), I was just saying you shouldn't do Rebel. That's the Jets bar of the city and if we're not playing there isn't much else it has to offer. The food and beer selection are meh and it's more of a later-night place for drunk college kids.

You're honestly not too far from other places if you're downtown. The good thing about staying there is you're a quick bus or L ride out to any of the neighborhoods. TBH downtown Chicago doesn't have a TON to offer regarding nightlife, that area is more touristy/business stuff. There are restaurants and bars, but they kind of suck and overcharge out the ass.

Specifics for a couple great breweries:

Revolution - Logan Square

Goose Island - Wrigley

Piece - Wicker Park

If you're downtown you should be near both the Blue and Red lines. It's about a 15-20 minute ride out to any of those neighborhoods. There's nothing wrong with going and spending the night in Wrigley, (especially since the Cubs are out of town that week), I was just saying you shouldn't do Rebel. That's the Jets bar of the city and if we're not playing there isn't much else it has to offer. The food and beer selection are meh and it's more of a later-night place for drunk college kids.

I didn't take it that way at all. Were gonna be in wrigley for the cubs game on Monday night so we decided just to try and stay downtown on Thursday night and find a place to watch the TNF there

I didn't take it that way at all. Were gonna be in wrigley for the cubs game on Monday night so we decided just to try and stay downtown on Thursday night and find a place to watch the TNF there

Jump on the Blue Line and take a 15 minute ride out to Wicker Park. Much more fun area. If you're adamant about the downtown area do the Rush St bars or River North.

We're staying downtown on Thursday any suggestions for bars?

I would take Rutgers suggestions  -- I am not much of a hangout d/town guy only on certain occasions.

But keep in touch around that time.

The last time the Jets played in KC was opening day 2005.

2014 minus 2005 = 9 years :)

Different scheduling system nowadays my friend.

They could be back as early as next year, and will be back in 2020.

Awesome man! Can't wait. This will be an awesome time. Just don't try to sneak in beers to another bar like someone did in 06 lol.

Frank's go-to move is to antagonize the hugest opposing team fan in the bar and then let other people step in to bail him out when huge opposing fan loses his sh*t. Be warned.

Frank's go-to move is to antagonize the hugest opposing team fan in the bar and then let other people step in to bail him out when huge opposing fan loses his sh*t. Be warned.

So are you coming to Buffalo or not?

Sure I get along with all my Jets brethren- I try to avoid incidents in the parking lots though

Say what you want Frank :) but you have to admit the JN Mod forum was rocking at 3am every night over that. certain moderators even set their alarm clocks for it!

Archived