[DPR Mafia] Dia de Muerto - signups for May 12th start.

DPR

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People from DM don't come here Hallia, or if they do they do it like Des or Nyn.

They come to play a game and "confirm their suspicions" about how things are on JN, act like assholes, and then have a meltdown when someone gives them back their own sh*t. Then they bug out and go back to DM and complain more about how everyone is so mean to them and conveniently leave out all the sh*t they flung first at other people and drum up a circle jerk about the big mean jocks next door. It's silly to say the least.

You'll notice no one "bullies" you. Like at all.

This is because you don't play the game, as it were.

The game being the sarcastic a$$hole persona most people here take on for fun.

And they wont play with you if you're not playing because that's outside the scope of the game.

Once you fling crap at someone though you're in and it's all fair play.

People here are respectful of those who don't want to play and if you don't like it you don't have to. You never will.

That's what people like Christine and Nyn and Des really never got.

They just couldn't comprehend that it's a game within the game and they came here guns blazing and got shot down.

From DM is really just code at this point for a certain type of person and a lot of those types of people seem to congregate on DM.

Nolder is truckin' this thread right now. I love this kid.

JN- people who represent the majority of the social atmosphere. Sports fans, jokes, tongue in cheek barbs. Extroverted.

DM- people who align with less popular interests. Fantasy and role playing games, introverted.

Neither are better than the other. However, those two worlds specifically don't mix.

Did I get it right?

No.

Stop trying to summarize. The best you can do at this point is marinate in the environments and watch sh*t happen... then laugh... trying sum it up is pointless, you'll miss out on too much laughable nonsense.

Just read the exchange with Ape and the others in the sign up thread at DM.  Personally these type of complicated games seems to fly better there.  Plus they get more players.  DPR's Jaws and Predator games here two of the best I ever played. Predator game was as exciting as hell and I get to be Arnold. 

I personally welcome an DMER's that want to play here as long as they can make the transition.  If they can;t then jsut don;t play here. Not that hard to figure out.  Comparing DM to JN is like comparing apples to chainsaws. 

Wrong. Complex games DON'T work better there, because it's a site filled with people who quit games if they don't get a cool role. On JN the most sought after role is "vanilla" because that's the role that forces you to prove what you've got.... DM is the polar opposite. JN also appreciates teh creativity and effort of the moderator to the extent that we'll do anyting on this site not to let our mod's efforts down. As opposed to people like Nyn that quit on a whim, which is a rampant thing on DM.

First of all, I don't know what you're talking about with me rocking an undertone for months.  I haven't really even been that involved in DM or JN for a while.  And when I am involved, I call things like I see 'em.  I've called Despo out on numerous occasions.  He was getting better lately, but he can be a real a$$hole sometimes and seems to be slipping back into it.   And unlike you, he's legit mean-spirited a lot of the time when he's like that.

That being said, I thought your comment about DPR wasting his setup on DM was kinda lame.  Just because something is true doesn't mean you have to say it flat-out without pulling the punch a bit.  You know how many DMers are easily butthurt, so you should have known what would happen there.  Basically, I hold you to a higher standard than DMers because I see you as much more reasonable.  Also, I know that you can listen to criticism without seeing it as a personal attack, something which almost no one on DM can do.

When you are bent with me, there's usually an undertone in how you refer to me and bring me up cross-site. It has happened before, and I'm sure will happen again, it's not as obvious this time around, but you have lashed out at me here and there over the past weeks / months. To the point where I've gone out of my way not to rip on you, because it has sounded like you needed time to get over me pissing you off.

I don't think asking DPR why he puts his great setups on DM was lame. I've played multiple game of his over there, and each time the players take away from his efforts. I think it was a fair question to ask. The fallout from asking it had more to do with other people having axes to grind that with the questions itself. I think it escalated quickly NOT because of the question itself, but instead because of the fallout from the champions game. If you were keeping score, Despo was on the winning scum team... despite hiding behind RL excuses all game... to the point where I swore up and down he was scum, but let him off the hook because of his RL excuses. When the game was over and he started galivanting around like the MVP, when in fact he was the worst player amongst all the scum players, I straightened him out... which a LOT of DMers were butthurt by.

But you and I know, RL excuses are bush league and his gloating wasn't in the joking spirit, he was dead serious. It was pathetic and I told him it was... and all the fairy dust worshiping nerdlings were bent over it.

Anyway, back to you and me. I'm usually tuned-in to when I piss you off and give you the space to vent at me, and it resolves itself. That's all I was referencing.... at the end of the day, you are one of the people I consider a pal here, and while I may give you a ton of sh*t, you may or may not have noticed that I usually don't let stragglers do the same to you... and I'm like that with a lot of people here. My tendency to be an over-protective big brother type comes through here very much, sometimes to a fault, it's the old "YOU can't pick on him, but I can" thing.

Anyway, whatevs, not worth the additional drama... instead I should just post the PM's I get from Despo LOL

"Don't summarize."

"Allow me to generalize an entire site's worth of players."

Cool story.

My sense of humor and self-deprecating nature extend to a very subtle level. Knowingly telling others "do as I say, not as I do" is pretty par for the course for me... the flaming it invites is usually higher quality from the regulars here. You really thinks I responded to him because I care if he figures out the difference between the two sites? Nah... lol

You get +1 interwebz points though. Congrats GFY

I'm in if starting on th 12th...

but can somebody drag pacs beaten and bludgeoned carcass out of the thread? he's attracting flys

For me, this.

I can't start until after the NFL draft. Period. I will have NOTHING take my attention to the football board melts.

Tom you should really join back up if you have the time.

Don't let sour puss Darthe and emo Des jumping ship get in the way of you playing.

It's cool if you want to stand by your friends or whatever but you should appreciate there's a lot more history here than you're aware of. It's going to be a good game and the more the merrier.

You'll kick yourself for missing it, DPR games are legendary.

I have a difficult time with complicated setups because I'm too lazy to learn them.

In my experience DPR setups are often just vanilla with traps.

Like there's flavor and buying roles and "events" and sh*t and it distracts the townies but it's almost always just straight up town vs mafia. Maybe with doc and cop and godfather but that's usually it for roles of consequence. Good scumhunting always trumps the roles in his games.

It's always possible he'll throw us a curveball but that's been my experience with DPR games.

Tom you should really join back up if you have the time.

Don't let sour puss Darthe and emo Des jumping ship get in the way of you playing.

It's cool if you want to stand by your friends or whatever but you should appreciate there's a lot more history here than you're aware of. It's going to be a good game and the more the merrier.

You'll kick yourself for missing it, DPR games are legendary.

So much butthurt.  Enjoy your game Nol

Not remotely Ape.  The thread on DM had negativity as did the one here.  I want less stress and think this game is going to be stressful so I politely backed out of this particular one.  I fully intend to play in other games at both places.  

In a completely separate issue Nolder attributed someone elses words to me and was a dick about it so I told him to GFY as anyone else would and now he is whining.  

Not remotely Ape.  The thread on DM had negativity as did the one here.  I want less stress and think this game is going to be stressful so I politely backed out of this particular one.  I fully intend to play in other games at both places.  

In a completely separate issue Nolder attributed someone elses words to me and was a dick about it so I told him to GFY as anyone else would and now he is whining.  

Backpedalling doesn't make it less ironic.

So much butthurt.  Enjoy your game Nol

Not really. If I was butthurt I'd just quit because that's the cool thing to do these days right?

I already noted it's the same sh*t. "stressful", "drama", "toxic". It all means the same thing in this context.

Dunno what you're trying to prove here. That I didn't read your post because I used one term instead of another? If so all I can do is lol.

As for whining, not really.

I just think it sucks if Tom quit (I honestly can't remember if he did or not now and I'm too lazy to reread the thread to make sure) because you and Des aren't playing when as I noted there's a history here and that's not necessarily undeserved. You've been as much of a dickhead on this site as anyone so I don't know who you're trying to kid. If you want to play zen master now or some sh*t ok cool whatever but don't pull a DM and pawn that sh*t off on us and blame the people here for being "negative" or whatever ******* term you feel like using when you've pulled punches and contributed to that "negativity" as much as anyone in the past.

Next time just bounce and don't make a scene about it.

Darthe is like a suicide bomber to every game he's played here, if he signs up, it needs to be accounted for in balance.

Des never intended to play. NEVER. You all play mafia, and you couldn't see his real agenda for popping in here?

By the time the game starts the negativity will wane. If you are a fat lazy dullard the not playing makes sense. If not then missing a DPRgame is just shameful. We only get one a year here.

Not really. If I was butthurt I'd just quit because that's the cool thing to do these days right?

I already noted it's the same sh*t. "stressful", "drama", "toxic". It all means the same thing in this context.

Dunno what you're trying to prove here. That I didn't read your post because I used one term instead of another? If so all I can do is lol.

As for whining, not really.

I just think it sucks if Tom quit (I honestly can't remember if he did or not now and I'm too lazy to reread the thread to make sure) because you and Des aren't playing when as I noted there's a history here and that's not necessarily undeserved. You've been as much of a dickhead on this site as anyone so I don't know who you're trying to kid. If you want to play zen master now or some sh*t ok cool whatever but don't pull a DM and pawn that sh*t off on us and blame the people here for being "negative" or whatever ******* term you feel like using when you've pulled punches and contributed to that "negativity" as much as anyone in the past.

Next time just bounce and don't make a scene about it.

Stop

Darthe is like a suicide bomber to every game he's played here, if he signs up, it needs to be accounted for in balance.

Des never intended to play. NEVER. You all play mafia, and you couldn't see his real agenda for popping in here?

Stop

You're still going on about this? Take a midol.

Stop

Enuf

Archived