Calvin Pryor: "We hate the Pats and Giants"

T0mShane

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I never hated the Giants. I never liked the Pats and Dolphins though. The Bills are even respectable to me.

Growing up in the 70s, I absolutely hate the fish with every fiber of my being. Back then, they were the big team in the division, and the Jets, Pats, Bills, and Colts all seemed like also-rans. They were teams you shared a cup of sympathy with. The Pats were particularly horrible. Of course, now I hate the Pats, too, but still have a bit of a soft spot for the Bills. They were an exciting team back when they were losing four Super Bowls in a row. I might feel a little more envy if they had won one of them, but they didn't. Lol.

I'm pretty indifferent about the jints. I used to get together with fans of that particular team, and watch both games every Sunday. Back before the internet, I followed both closely, if only because I used to read every word of the paper back then. Yeah, I don't hate them, I just don't want them to ever do any better than the Jets.

I also have no animosity towards the Giants. I remember as a kid, listening to Giant games (I actually remember Fran Tarkenton to Homer Jones, Tucker Fredrickson...) but somehow I gravitated strongly towards the Jets, still don't know why, except mabe because I lived near Shea Stadium plus Joe Willy and the AFL was cooler than the NFL, kind of like the ABA was cool.  But I either rooted for or was indifferent regarding the Giants, just like I feel about the Yankees. As a Met fan, don't hate them, just don't get excited by them.  I can't hate Buffalo - I usually feel sorry for them.

Growing up in the 70s, I absolutely hate the fish with every fiber of my being. Back then, they were the big team in the division, and the Jets, Pats, Bills, and Colts all seemed like also-rans. They were teams you shared a cup of sympathy with. The Pats were particularly horrible. Of course, now I hate the Pats, too, but still have a bit of a soft spot for the Bills. They were an exciting team back when they were losing four Super Bowls in a row. I might feel a little more envy if they had won one of them, but they didn't. Lol.

I'm pretty indifferent about the jints. I used to get together with fans of that particular team, and watch both games every Sunday. Back before the internet, I followed both closely, if only because I used to read every word of the paper back then. Yeah, I don't hate them, I just don't want them to ever do any better than the Jets.

Damn, you've been a Jets fan since the 70's. I almost wanna apologize! lol.  :winking0001:

I get you though. As a kid I remember always hearing the guys in the neighborhood talk about the Jets/Giants upcoming preseason game year after year. More often than not the Giants won, so I decided to root for the Jets. I began following the Jets during Pete Carroll's one and only season with us in 94 and was quickly introduced to a guy named Dan Marino. My first year following the team was the year of the "fake spike". 

I immediately hated Dan Marino and the Dolphins from that year on. It didnt help that they basically beat up on us for the following few years until that story book 1998 season, a season where most Jet fans only remember the AFCCG run, but few remember the Jets sweeping Marino and the Dolphins that year with authority. The best Jets season in history outside of "the guarantee". 

My hatred for the pats came around the time of my hatred for Mo Lewis lmao! 

The Bills 4 consecutive SB trips/losses never phased me because I wasn't a Jets fan yet, I just watched football because my older cousins and uncles would watch it, but I didnt have loyalty to a team yet until right after those 4 SB losses. The Bills were just "The Bills" when I started following the Jets. If it wasn't for the Giants continuous beat up on the Jets during preseason I most likely wouldnt even be a Jets fan. If it was the other way around I probably would have ended up a Giants fan. I just remember feeling as a 13 year old that if I rooted for this team they would win! lol. 

I never really had much, if any, hate for the Giants as a team, and was certainly rooting my ass off for them as much as anyone in their last 2 Super Bowl appearances.  With that said, there are instances where I can understand rooting against them at times, and that's because of how many of their fans can be complete douchebags.

It's really a rather simple distinction of how each fanbase generally reacts to the other's successes and failures.  When the Jets end up with a huge win on Sunday, and the Giants get their asses kicked on that same day, I couldn't care less about what the Giants did, as I am simply pumped about the big Jets win.  When the Giants end up with a huge win on Sunday, and the Jets get their asses kicked, you'll often hear their fans carrying on more about the Jets than their own team, talking sh*t to every single Jets fan they see.  On the occasions when the Jets are having one of their "good" overall seasons and taking up the local headlines, Giants fans are as bitter as you'll ever see amongst any sports fans.  Despite their team's far greater success, there seems to be a tendency for some sort of inferiority complex (or whatever you want to call it), and I have no idea why.  Not to say some Jets fans don't have the same, but it seems to be more prevalent amongst Giants fans, despite a lot less reason for it.  Of course it's a matter of perspective as well, as I'm sure Giants' fans would believe the exact opposite to be true, but regardless, on either side that nonsense can be enough to sway some opinions.

The things that's really funny is neither team gives a sh*t about the jets. They just continue to win and have bigger goals in mind. Meanwhile the jets and Rex focus and make playing NE their SB. I'm sure the Pats get fired up during that week but forget about us before and after. Both teams are the class of the NFL and have little to prove. The jets should focus on a winning season. For a team that has as many div titles as the Jags the jets sure do a lot of talking. Just shut up and win.

The things that's really funny is neither team gives a sh*t about the jets. They just continue to win and have bigger goals in mind. Meanwhile the jets and Rex focus and make playing NE their SB. I'm sure the Pats get fired up during that week but forget about us before and after. Both teams are the class of the NFL and have little to prove. The jets should focus on a winning season. For a team that has as many div titles as the Jags the jets sure do a lot of talking. Just shut up and win.

IP address check please

• 2 weeks later...

Sadly I am. The day Dad(Rest in peace) brought home those Namath jerseys, along with some trips to Shea.

Groh, Edwards, Mangini, Wrecks-defense first coaches, crappy offenses spare a few dence days by Testaverde and Favre. This is now beyond a trend.

"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results". Albert Einstein

well new GM and i like how he drafts you need to build your depth then you move  up to grab that guy that can make your team a contender we are almost there, GO JETS!!!!

1.  I hate the Pats and the Giants.  The Dolphins too, plus probably a dozen other teams that I can't think of right now.

2.  I will think about how the Giants take the high road and don't care about the Jets will be the next time I read an interview with some spouse batterer on the Giants who talks about the Jets and makes sure to mention 50 times how classy the Giants are.  So, in other words, once a week. 

This here is an early front runner for 2015 JN Captain. So much pizzazz.

Archived