Coaching lost this game

CobraVerde

On the offense, this run-first offense lost this game when we have a quarterback whose capable of making plays with his arm. It denied us from getting any more points. Should have been able to keep scoring. 

But the defense lost this game. A top 3 qb took advantage of a shaky Milliner and 2nd CB. Just like we knew what they were going to do. 

From the start we should have played WAY more aggressively on offense, we knew Rodgers would start escaping the pocket eventually and that would leave time for his receivers to break free and get open. We should have had more points and morningweig should have let Geno throw the damn ball. When was the last time we had a high scoring game like this that we weren't getting blown out or us dominating? Last year against the Falcons and Geno's arm won us that game, with barely any skill at pass catcher. I'm sick of the babying, we have a capable quarterback.

Aside from that our team played better than their team. Our flaw: secondary. Their strength today: Jordy Nelson making spectacular plays and Rodgers being Rodgers. I will somewhat agree that coaching lost us this game. 

OH. and F*CK VICK. 

Disagree or not, the refs are only allowed to award the Jets a TO if it's called by someone on the field or from the HC on the sideline. An exception can be made only if an asst coach calls TO directly to the official.

If a player whispers TO into the official's ear, it is not a TO.

That is the purpose of the HC being the only one who can call it. It's a noisy stadium and coaches and players yell a lot of things back & forth. But only the HC is supposed to make the call that an official actually pays any attention to.

There is plenty of Jets coaching to criticize today. But the refs took away a game-tying Jets TD with 5 minutes to play.

The refs did not take anything away, the Jets took it away from themselves.

losses happen.   this one is over and now it's time to see if Rex can get the team to bounce back vs. an 0-2 Bears team or this loss carries forward.  

there were obviously mistakes to correct but for the most part i am pretty excited about this team's potential.    We are definitely a few players away...but it's just a few not an entire roster.   Beat the Bears and this is just bump in the road.  

agreed

You can say "How do you know the Jets go on to win?" and it's true you don't. But you don't know that they wouldn't either.

Have to let the players play it out. Erasing a TD is disgusting. No one on GB thought the Jets called TO and it had no impact on the play. Especially if, as it's been retold by Richardson, he "whispered" it into the ref's ear, and that was the ref who called the play back. Clearly no one on the field for GB heard Richardson whisper a TO (or anything) into a ref's ear.

To your first point, I guess this is better than getting blown out because we couldn't play with these guys. But this is far more frustrating than getting blown out because (like last year) you know the roster is uncompetitive.

But all losses suck.

I agreee. We lost the game and that sucks. But we have a lot of potential. We knew the CB's were a weakness and it showed today. We are not a SB team this season, but we have a lot to be happy about. 

Even though it's hard to see that after a loss like this one.

Agree here.....what would even make anyone think that we were going to stop Rodgers with that much time left. Still wish the refs would have given us the chance to try and stop him though, but I'm far from confident we would have. 

Would have liked to find out.  We picked Rodgers off earlier only to have it called off because we can;t get guys on and off the field.  

Here's the prob our head coach doesn't care about the offense . He concerns himself with the defense and those stats . If they added penalty to the defensive stats I'm sure he would care about them . Also he doesn't understand the situation there's 2 min left in the half ur on the GB 30 and your getting the ball to start the 2nd half you run t the ball and take the FG and if u get a TD great don't pass the ball for no reason !

That

was one play though. Allen was abused today many times. ugh... I don't even care at this point anymore. SO frustrating.

What made him look good last week made him look bad Sunday, tackling. I recall two receptions where he missed the tackle that moved the chains.

Here's the prob our head coach doesn't care about the offense . He concerns himself with the defense and those stats . If they added penalty to the defensive stats I'm sure he would care about them . Also he doesn't understand the situation there's 2 min left in the half ur on the GB 30 and your getting the ball to start the 2nd half you run t the ball and take the FG and if u get a TD great don't pass the ball for no reason !

agreed , to think of the fact that we were up 21-9 with first down in their territory and the next 2 possesions if we managed the game right to me is brutal , I'm not on the " hey we played Green Bay tough in their home opener " camp

we can round and round assigning blame (and there's plenty to go around) 

it just wasn't their day. We all knew this game, at lambeau would be near impossible to win. Or at least we should have known that. It wasn't a great spot. 

the 21-3 lead makes us forget about all that but the facts remain the Jets had a safety playing corner and the other corner was not 100%. They were going against Aaron Rodgers, on the road. It was never a likely game to win. 

I saw progress out of Geno and that's good news, despite the painful outcome. 

Chris Johnson looks slow and runs like he is a million years old.

Bilal Powel should be getting his carries.

I don't know about that, but maybe Ivory should've seen his number called more. They were sticking with CJ when that clearly wasn't working. They should be getting him the ball in space with more screen passes (especially the way the Pack was getting to Geno after the three TDs). Ivory is the guy they should've been using to soften up the dee and they got away from it.

The play with Vick, again, just pissed me off. Thru two games, every time Vick steps on the field it's a failed play. Just stop that sh*t.

What lost this game was...

-that we couldn't continue to run the ball consistently

-Geno's killer interception in Packer's territory turned the game in Green Bay's favor and we never got momentum back

-Our cornerbacks got exposed after we failed to continue pressuring Rodgers like we did at the beginning of the game

-the TO fiasco

All in all, any loss is terrible, but I've moved on. An NFC loss is the least damaging of losses in terms of playoff hunt, and considering the circumstances losing by a touchdown (when the game should have been tied) in Lambeau against a desperate team many people are picking to go to the SB and on 10 days rest I'm not overly pissed. 14 games to go, and we showed we can hang with what many people consider an elite team.

Archived