Gee, no

TuscanyTile2

I gotta feel for the kid. I think he clearly put the time in this past offseason, but it really just looks like he's not supposed to be a starting QB in the NFL. At least not right now. He's still too skittish and everything just moves way too fast for him for now. That checkdown attempt to Ivory at the end kinda said it all.

That was a major step back today. Eff Vick though. Either stick w Geno (I haven't given up all hope yet) or bring on Matt Simms.

That was a major step back today. Eff Vick though. Either stick w Geno (I haven't given up all hope yet) or bring on Matt Simms.

I think trying Simms out with a legitimate shot....As giving him reps with the first unit and such makes sense. I have seen enough to know that Geno will have 1 good game and 4 bad ones. If this is to be yet another throw away season, should we not have it serve a purpose? Geno will not get any better and will most likely get much worse when the fans really wake up to how badly he can suck.

people seem worried that benching him for vick will break his confidence. i'm sure sucking so far this season is great for his confidence.

I don't get that either. If you can't handle being benched, you probably can't handle much else that can happen to you in a career.

I don't get that either. If you can't handle being benched, you probably can't handle much else that can happen to you in a career.

remember this is a guy who crybabied and tried to storm out of the draft after the first round because he didn't get picked but his agent said "get your ass in there, teams don't want to draft a quitter as their next QB." the scene in Draft Day is based on what our starting QB of the NYJ did at the draft.

I gotta feel for the kid. I think he clearly put the time in this past offseason, but it really just looks like he's not supposed to be a starting QB in the NFL. At least not right now. He's still too skittish and everything just moves way too fast for him for now. That checkdown attempt to Ivory at the end kinda said it all.

Maybe he simply isn't as good as people keep projecting him out to be.

Much of the same sillyness was said for years about Sanchez, that is now being said about Geno.

Why it's so hard for Jets Fans to see their guy isn't the next Peyton Manning, I'll never understand.  What Geno is, and what his "tope end" can be was obvious last year.

Dumb player, turnover machine, bad decision maker, with limited vision and accuracy.  Geno Smith may as well BE Mark Sanchez, the two are so similar thus far in their careers.

remember this is a guy who crybabied and tried to storm out of the draft after the first round because he didn't get picked but his agent said "get your ass in there, teams don't want to draft a quitter as their next QB." the scene in Draft Day is based on what our starting QB of the NYJ did at the draft.

The good ones it pisses off and motivates (Rodgers, etc) the bad ones are quitting (Geno, etc.). Its hard to gauge which on it is. After watching Geno for over a year, I can tell you what category he falls into. Either way, benching won't make a difference.

The good ones in pisses off and motivates (Rodgers, etc) the bad ones are quitting (Geno, etc.). Its hard to gauge which on it is. After watching Geno for over a year, I can tell you what category he falls into. Either way, benching won't make a difference.

can't hurt. he will either be the same or it will light a fire. zero downside.

Much of the same sillyness was said for years about Sanchez, that is now being said about Geno.

Why it's so hard for Jets Fans to see their guy isn't the next Peyton Manning, I'll never understand.  What Geno is, and what his "tope end" can be was obvious last year.

Dumb player, turnover machine, bad decision maker, with limited vision and accuracy.  Geno Smith may as well BE Mark Sanchez, the two are so similar thus far in their careers.

it is pretty obvious that geno is never going to get it. lacks the requisite gray matter to get the job done. 

I actually like smith better than suckchez but at this point it is like saying i like the mediocre girl in the class just because she is not the ugly one?

people seem worried that benching him for vick will break his confidence. i'm sure sucking so far this season is great for his confidence.

Really? I am worried Vick will suck worse.

I'd rather pull Geno when we are ready to bury him

Geno just makes me sick.  He cursed out the fans in the crowd. What a piece of sheet.  He will be fined by Goodall and should probably be suspended for a  couple of games. the NFL is experiencing so many ethical problems right now, the last thing it needs is a starting QB in one of its biggest media markets cursing at its home town fans.  Then he gives this lame ass apology at the press conference.  Pathetic.  I knew this bum was a loser but this is beyond belief. 

Rex will stay with this scrub throughout the year. I don't even think its Rex's call. Idziot is making the call. Geno is his boy. 

We are stuck with him for the next few years. Its a deja vu scenario like it was with Sanchez.  Until his contract runs out, he is the QB. Period.  

I say start Geno for the rest of the year.  Lose every game you can, then draft

Marcus Mariota.

colts did it to get Luck. Why not us?

The Jets can only rise again on the back of a real QB who has all the necessary physical abilities and football intelligence.  Plus he must be a winner. Geno is none of those things.  Which is why he must start all the remaining games, even if it gets Rexx fired.

add two real corners, mayb Suh, and a real #1 receiver, and you got yourself a real beast of a football team that no one would want to tangle with.

Geno just makes me sick.  Rex will stay with this scrub throughout the year. I don't even think its Rex's call. Idziot is making the call.

Geno is his boy.  We are stuck with him for the next few years. Its a deja vu scenario like it was with Sanchez.  Until his contract runs out, he is the QB. Period.  

Parcells went against the orders of Jones, started Romo instead of Bledsoe.

I say start Geno for the rest of the year.  Lose every game you can, then draft

Marcus Mariota.

colts did it to get Luck. Why not us?

The Jets can only rise again on the back of a real QB who has all the necessary physical abilities and football intelligence.  Plus he must be a winner. Geno is none of those things.  Which is why he must start all the remaining games, even if it gets Rexx fired.

add two real corners, mayb Suh, and a real #1 receiver, and you got yourself a real beast of a football team that no one would want to tangle with.

Because Woody owns the Jets...He loves his 4 to 8 wins.

Really? I am worried Vick will suck worse.

I'd rather pull Geno when we are ready to bury him

i think the chances anyone can be even worse than the worst qb in the nfl is pretty slim. time to shake it up. i want to see how geno responds to being benched.

At this point, I'd be alright stashing Geno on the bench and letting the next regime see if they can get anything out of him. I don't think it's a coincidence that he's playing exactly like Mark Sanchez right now.

Jets have failed to find a qb in the draft. It is not possible to overpay a true franchise qb. Time to get someone in fa that a competent team already developed

Archived