Rex Ryan admits he's coaching for his job.

joewilly12

peyton manning hasn't slept a wink worrying about calvin pace

but. you. just. can't. stop. responding.

you love me soooooo much

yes, every so often I forget that you don't talk about football here and I respond to you.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is like Rex talking about being a top 10 defense because of "yards allowed".

The goals, as my fandom is concerned, is 

-Looking representative in terms of game planning and having an ability to adjust what another team is doing in game

-Discipline and "smart" play

-Resulting in better play on the field and hopefully "w's

This team looks as incapable in those areas as the Rich Kotite Jets.

Relevance to what I was discussing?

You can keep making these points, but maybe you can explain why you keep quoting me.  This has nothing to do with what I am talking about.  Enjoy your hyperbole

Relevance to what I was discussing?

You can keep making these points, but maybe you can explain why you keep quoting me.  This has nothing to do with what I am talking about.  Enjoy your hyperbole

YOU mentioned how the Jets were near the top in "sacks" and QB hits"!!!! Speaking of hyperbole.

Who cares about those stats? They are contributing to total team success, which Rex seems to have a difficult time grasping.

YOU mentioned how the Jets were near the top in "sacks" and QB hits"!!!! Speaking of hyperbole.

Who cares about those stats? They are contributing to total team success, which Rex seems to have a difficult time grasping.

if rex looks hard enough he can find a stat that his defense is #1 in every year except for one: POINTS ALLOWED. there is only one #1 defense every year and it is the one that leads in that category.

Dear lord.  They have relevance to hitting QBs.  I don't think the Broncos or Pats like that.  Follow?  Of course not.  Go back to your rant.  If I started insulting Penn State it would have as much relevance to what KG and I were saying.  At least green balls knows what he is doing.

Dear lord.  They have relevance to hitting QBs.  I don't think the Broncos or Pats like that.  Follow?  Of course not.  Go back to your rant.  If I started insulting Penn State it would have as much relevance to what KG and I were saying.  At least green balls knows what he is doing.

well that takes the fun out of it

They hit Philip Rivers so much, he was 20-28 passing. Boy, he was shaking in the pocket, wasn't he?

SD was so concerned about Rivers, they kept him in until 9:05 of a game that was overt in mid 3rd quarter. They let him pass deep on his final play. They were worried, were't they?

Good, the Jets can breeze by a QB and even sack one with some regularity. This is luring me toward a PSL purchase.

if rex looks hard enough he can find a stat that his defense is #1 in every year except for one: POINTS ALLOWED. there is only one #1 defense every year and it is the one that leads in that category.

Actually, there are three important defensive statistics:

1). Points allowed

2). 3rd down conversion percentage

3). Turnovers created

Yardage given up means absolutely nothing if you excel at the above three.

Actually, there are three important defensive statistics:

1). Points allowed

2). 3rd down conversion percentage

3). Turnovers created

Yardage given up means absolutely nothing if you excel at the above three.

thank you for expanding on my point. i agree. yards allowed is a hilarious metric when you have a QB leading league in turnovers and gifting the opposing team a short field 3-4 times a game.

thank you for expanding on my point. i agree. yards allowed is a hilarious metric when you have a QB leading league in turnovers and gifting the opposing team a short field 3-4 times a game.

Actually, there is a 4th defensive metric that is more important than yardage:

Red Zone conversion percentage

Rex deserves to be out.  Can't blame Idzik.

i agree Rex Rex should be out.  I also think Rex should stay on the defensive side of the ball and will be an attribute to any team in that capacity.  Idzik?  It's reasonable to wait on making a decision on him but early returns are in the toilet. 

No offense, but you are all acting like idiots.  I never said we should be proud of it.  Teams have adjusted easily to Ryan's blitz packages?  Then why are they at the top of the league in sacks and QB hits?  They were blown out last week and trailing most of the past 3, yet QBs are still getting hit.  Great adjustment.

You can all go back to patting yourselves on the back for saying Wrecks Ryan and Idziot or Izdik, whatever you geniuses think is funny. 

Because that's all Rex Ryan can do, and yes other teams have easily adjusted to it because on the occasions they don't get to the QB in time, the Jets are getting scorched down field for big plays. How hard is it to understand that maybe instead of all the blitz packages the Jets would be better served by dropping back in coverage now and again to help that Swiss cheese secondary? However I believe Rex would rather be able to tell GM's that his defense was top five in sacks while he's looking for his next job. Honestly, who cares how many sacks the Jets get when they are giving up an average of 25 points a game? 

Because that's all Rex Ryan can do, and yes other teams have easily adjusted to it because on the occasions they don't get to the QB in time, the Jets are getting scorched down field for big plays. How hard is it to understand that maybe instead of all the blitz packages the Jets would be better served by dropping back in coverage now and again to help that Swiss cheese secondary? However I believe Rex would rather be able to tell GM's that his defense was top five in sacks while he's looking for his next job. Honestly, who cares how many sacks the Jets get when they are giving up an average of 25 points a game?

You bring up a good point. This is another example of Rex being stubborn or his complete inability to make coaching adjustments based on the personnel that he has.

With possibly the worst secondary in the NFL, and LB's who couldn't cover dead grandmothers, Rex continues to do the exact same thing he has done for 5 years.

A Pop Warner coach would know given that personnel, you rush the 3 DLinemen and drop 8 back into zone coverage.

But not Rex.

Is this the anti-joke thread

Three trolls walk into a bar...

...and see Rex Ryan sitting at the end of the bar alone. They offer to buy him a drink and Rex accepts but says he is too upset to talk so he will only answer one question from each of them and then he wants to drink alone. The first troll shrugs and asks, "Why are you so upset?" Rex gazes at his beer, "Because my Quarterback keeps throwing interceptions." The second troll asks, "Why don't you bench him?" Rex takes a sip, "Because my boss drafted him and won't let me, OK?!" The last troll thinks for a minute and asks, "If it is that bad, why don't you just quit?" Rex slams his drink down, "Because I just can't! Why don't you people just leave me the Hell alone!" and he runs to the bathroom in tears. The three trolls are wondering what happened when a homer walks up, "Oh don't blame him, he's just a defensive guy."

You bring up a good point. This is another example of Rex being stubborn or his complete inability to make coaching adjustments based on the personnel that he has.

With possibly the worst secondary in the NFL, and LB's who couldn't cover dead grandmothers, Rex continues to do the exact same thing he has done for 5 years.

A Pop Warner coach would know given that personnel, you rush the 3 DLinemen and drop 8 back into zone coverage.

But not Rex.

It's a failure of Rex to understand the team as a whole, not just the value of an aggressive D-line or one any unit. All Rex wants to do is to be the bully, the tough guy, and how many times has he made stupid public claims like "nobody wants to play the Jets!!!" Well in the NFL, teams aren't afraid of the Jets Defense, despite what some Jet fans want to believe. Honestly only the most delusional Jet fan could possibly believe that guys like Manning, Brady and Rivers look at the Jets and see this monster defense to fear, no what they see is an undisciplined, one dimensional team. Make no mistake, QB's like that are licking their  chops to play Rex's vaunted defense. :winking0001:    

LOL at Rex not adjusting (on defense) and not dropping into coverage.  Did you watch the Bears game or do you just spout what you read on some Pats message board?  He tried everything.  Performance is the problem on defense, mindlessly doing the same thing is not.

Oh and I'm sorry - four trolls.  I lumped the Pats fans together.  They all smell the same to me. 

LOL at Rex not adjusting (on defense) and not dropping into coverage.  Did you watch the Bears game or do you just spout what you read on some Pats message board?  He tried everything.  Performance is the problem on defense, mindlessly doing the same thing is not.

Oh and I'm sorry - four trolls.  I lumped the Pats fans together.  They all smell the same to me. 

to be fair i think i saw calvin pace covering brandon marshall a couple three times

No offense, but you are all acting like idiots. I never said we should be proud of it. Teams have adjusted easily to Ryan's blitz packages? Then why are they at the top of the league in sacks and QB hits? They were blown out last week and trailing most of the past 3, yet QBs are still getting hit. Great adjustment.

You can all go back to patting yourselves on the back for saying Wrecks Ryan and Idziot or Izdik, whatever you geniuses think is funny.

The Jets defense had yielded 12 TDS to 1 INT, and opposing passers have put up an absurd 107 rating against. I'd say that, yes, QBs really like playing against us. Phillip Rivers was literally laughing every time he came off the field.

But not Rex.

Rex literally doesn't have 8 guys who can cover on the whole damn team. There's maybe 1 guy with any cover ability and that's Milliner. Everyone else is super suspect in pass coverage.

Pryor the lauded rookie is awesome against the run and can't make an open field tackle when a WR catches a bomb. That's not a good habit for a safety to have. 

The Jets defense had yielded 12 TDS to 1 INT, and opposing passers have put up an absurd 107 rating against. I'd say that, yes, QBs really like playing against us. Phillip Rivers was literally laughing every time he came off the field.

He is a lawyer and feels honor bound to fight even the dog cases

Tremendous adjustment. poor genious!

Chip off the ole Buddy

Rex Ryan admits he's coaching for his job.

"If we don't get this thing on the right track, I don't think for minute I'll be here (in 2015)," Ryan said in a Tuesday radio interview. Ryan is just admitting the obvious, but admitting the obvious is something NFL coaches rarely do. The odds are probably less than 50-50 that Ryan is back with Gang Green next season.

Superbowl. 

Archived