What did you expect from yesterday?

Freemanm

There is this fantasy that Rex gets fired he will lead a team to a championship-we are not talking about the next Vince Lombardi- he will get another job and most likely his defense will be good and offense and discipline will be lousy

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are the beat writers off on Columbus Day ? I figured we'd have some annomous source articles from the not Rex's fault brigade....or maybe a " John Idzik worships the devil " headline from Rex's boy Mehta

There is this fantasy that Rex gets fired he will lead a team to a championship-we are not talking about the next Vince Lombardi- he will get another job and most likely his defense will be good and offense and discipline will be lousy

his next job will be on TV , I thought that was a forgone conclusion already...man woody is even dumber than I thought

Probably true.  I just think the blame game has gotten out of hand.  I'm all for firing Rex, and I'd even be fine with a full restart, getting rid of Idzik, but reading things like Pettine is the reason Rex was ever successful on defense, and things have just gotten way too far out of hand.

Its wayyyyy over the top...and if you slightly defend the ridiculousness, you're an apologist/lover/homer/wants to have his babies.  Its fun!  Being reasonable is being a homer who loves Rex and wants him to have a life long contract even if you think he should be fired at the end of the season.

Probably true.  I just think the blame game has gotten out of hand.  I'm all for firing Rex, and I'd even be fine with a full restart, getting rid of Idzik, but reading things like Pettine is the reason Rex was ever successful on defense, and things have just gotten way too far out of hand.

yeah. i'm just tired. tired of futility and the same story of an unwatchable offense that we have been subjected to, with a few exceptions, on a constant basis since 1998.

Its wayyyyy over the top...and if you slightly defend the ridiculousness, you're an apologist/lover/homer/wants to have his babies.  Its fun!  Being reasonable is being a homer who loves Rex and wants him to have a life long contract even if you think he should be fired at the end of the season.

Thing is, I really do believe you want to be impregnated by Rex. 

yeah. i'm just tired. tired of futility and the same story of an unwatchable offense that we have been subjected to, with a few exceptions, on a constant basis since 1998.

Incompetence and bad luck are terrible combination.

Imagine being a Colts fan.  Two #1 overall picks a decade plus apart and what do you get?

What's really been out there when the Jets have sucked their way into the top pick?

Discipline does not happen in a vacuum either. What idiot does not coach his team, in a clutch situation that Manning will try and pull you off sides with cadence. 

And, this was just after a time out. Of course Rex does not remind his crew, and sure enough, it happens.

A JOKE

yes because yelling at the cheapest roster in football will create success against a first ballot HOF Qb. #coaching

Provide substance and source?

Who says Rex is doing a great job coaching this year? I would love to hear that source.

It wasn't on the record, so I guess you are going to have to trust me. Or not. Whatever. 

Mark my words Rex will get another job, and succeed. He's a good NFL coach. There are many teams with the opposite problem of the Jets, with a good offense and no defense. Slot him in there with a competent QB he will do just fine. 

So, I totally get that Rex can't win with such a cheapo roster as provided by the nefarious Idzik.  What I don't get is why Rex also didn't win for the prior two years with such an expensive roster as provided by the free spending Mike Tannenbaum?

So, I totally get that Rex can't win with such a cheapo roster as provided by the nefarious Idzik.  What I don't get is why Rex also didn't win for the prior two years with such an expensive roster as provided by the free spending Mike Tannenbaum?

Good point. I just think that Rex has had way to much influence regarding the draft. He wanted most of these guys and so far they aren't panning out. At least the recent ones anyway.

So, I totally get that Rex can't win with such a cheapo roster as provided by the nefarious Idzik. What I don't get is why Rex also didn't win for the prior two years with such an expensive roster as provided by the free spending Mike Tannenbaum?

whatever the reason is I'm sure it wasn't his fault

He did.  They were 8-5 going into Xmas Eve before Sanchez happened in 2011.  Its been downhill since that Giants game.

I think the QB has something to do with it.  Just a guess.

He did.  They were 8-5 going into Xmas Eve before Sanchez happened in 2011.  Its been downhill since that Giants game.

I think the QB has something to do with it.  Just a guess.

Yes that great Rex defense let Cruz go 99 yards thanks

It wasn't on the record, so I guess you are going to have to trust me. Or not. Whatever. 

Mark my words Rex will get another job, and succeed. He's a good NFL coach. There are many teams with the opposite problem of the Jets, with a good offense and no defense. Slot him in there with a competent QB he will do just fine. 

Without naming names then, what position (title) was this person, and what did he say that Rex was doing particularly well with this squad?

And, Terry Bradway does not count as as an objective commenter. 

Yes that great Rex defense let Cruz go 99 yards thanks

then 2 weeks later was cowaring in the corner while his best friend the cancer pshyco WR was quitting on the field...shotty of all people was the only coach with the balls to pull him off the field...

Everyone is saying how yesterday's loss was this big disgrace. Seriously, wasn't it pretty obvious that the Jets were going to get blown out yesterday, given that they have no secondary. They did put up 17 pts. though, which I didn't expect, and Amaro finally started to have some sort of impact. Geno also had two TD throws, which, I guess, is a positive. Couldn't run the ball because Denver stacked the box and challenged Geno and the scrub receivers to beat them, and obviously, they couldn't.

The loss really was the direct result of Idzik dropping the ball with CBs in the offseason and not getting enough receivers. Kerley, Nelson and Salas should go immediately, I say. They have up on routes yesterday and weren't very good to begin with.

"Geno also had two TD throws, which, I guess, is a positive" I disagree, now they will keep throwing him there bases on a mediocre performance. It looks so much better because of what we have become accustomed to from him. Hence....here is more Geno for you next week. I am so done with him..

Yep.  Rex's fault 2 players whiffed on the tackle. 

We can guess it was Rex's skill when Cromartie returned the kick-off 47 yards against the Colts in the AFC Div playoffs.

Or when the Colts sat their starters in the 2nd half to get them in the playoffs.

A COACH is ultimately responsible (and gets credit) for what happens on the field

then 2 weeks later was cowaring in the corner while his best friend the cancer pshyco WR was quitting on the field...shotty of all people was the only coach with the balls to pull him off the field...

You can't pull a captain. Even when he has a mutiny going on.

Oh, and Jif was the largest Santonio fan there was. Before that, he was fully in Sanchez' corner, until it turned really sour.

Archived