Manziel

ucrenegade

Here is the start of the rebuild can rex and jettison geno then trade for manziel.

Buzz: Brian Hoyer Won't Agree to Long-Term Deal with Johnny Manziel on Roster

we just need to hire a coach that can handle him so he doesn't do stupid off the field stuff.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is the start of the rebuild can rex and jettison geno then trade for manziel.

Buzz: Brian Hoyer Won't Agree to Long-Term Deal with Johnny Manziel on Roster

we just need to hire a coach that can handle him so he doesn't do stupid off the field stuff.

would rather have Mariota from next years draft

So let Hoyer walk and sign him this offseason.  Its actually a best case scenario for the Jets.  A solid veteran starter hits FA and they'll more than likely have a high draft position to consider a QB.  Hoyer would easily be the best QB we've had since Vinny.

Manziel sucks. 

So let Hoyer walk and sign him this offseason.  Its actually a best case scenario for the Jets.  A solid veteran starter hits FA and they'll more than likely have a high draft position to consider a QB.  Hoyer would easily be the best QB we've had since Vinny.

Manziel sucks. 

Sounds like a plan

Manziel sucks. 

I would be down with this.

I am just saying I woulkd take manziel over geno anyday.

I'm still not seeing the downside of pursuing Hoyer. His numbers check out and, wait for it, we wouldn't have to give up any draft picks to get him.

Agreed.

Sign Hoyer, draft Amari Cooper and then draft a developmental QB in the mid-draft. Throw Geno on the bench, he's got career backup written all over him, and see if the light goes on after a few years.

Decker, Cooper, Amaro and whoever else we can add to the offense next year, plus 2 new starters on the OL, and nobody on the coaching staff to be a detriment to the offense.

I could see us hiring Shanny Jr. as our next new rookie HC. Not the sexy choice like Bevell or Harbaugh, but it might make some sense if we sign Hoyer.

Why jettison Geno?  He is cheap and has starting experience.  

Well... we certainly have the money.

Geno goes to the bench, good backup QB prospect still. With how thin this roster is, I find it laughable that many of our fans want to cut everyone.

I would be down with this.

I am just saying I woulkd take manziel over geno anyday.

Better the devil you dont know vs. the devil you do?  haha.  I dont know man, Manziel doesnt even look like he belongs when you see him play. Preseason, early is his career, I get it...but dude looked terrible every time he took the field. 

I want nothing to do with him.  Hoyer?  I'd be all over that.

Manziel sucks. 

NO Manziel, please.  There is enormous bust potential there. I am in favor of a solid QB who manages mistakes.  You are not finding a franchise guy without a top top pick.  Get a good reliable guy and give him top talent around him

No Way No How! This team is a circus & they don't need the Chief Clown Johnny Manziel at quarterback. Why is this person even being brought up. Thank goodness he will never be a Jets player. Totally illogical to even say he should be the quarterback. Manziel will never ever be a quarterback for the Jets.

Agreed.

Sign Hoyer, draft Amari Cooper and then draft a developmental QB in the mid-draft. Throw Geno on the bench, he's got career backup written all over him, and see if the light goes on after a few years.

Decker, Cooper, Amaro and whoever else we can add to the offense next year, plus 2 new starters on the OL, and nobody on the coaching staff to be a detriment to the offense.

I could see us hiring Shanny Jr. as our next new rookie HC. Not the sexy choice like Bevell or Harbaugh, but it might make some sense if we sign Hoyer.

This how terrible it is to be a Jets fan.  If we drafted Cooper and signed Hoyer, I'd cream myself.  For Brian Hoyer.  

ih8football

NO Manziel, please.  There is enormous bust potential there. I am in favor of a solid QB who manages mistakes.  You are not finding a franchise guy without a top top pick.  Get a good reliable guy and give him top talent around him

Hoyer is completing 60% of his passes, has 7 TD's and 1 INT with pretty weak talent...albeit, much better than the Jets.

The Jets could possibly be undefeated with that type of efficiency at QB.  Crazy.  

Better the devil you dont know vs. the devil you do?  haha.  I dont know man, Manziel doesnt even look like he belongs when you see him play. Preseason, early is his career, I get it...but dude looked terrible every time he took the field. 

I want nothing to do with him.  Hoyer?  I'd be all over that.

I get what your saying but to be fair manziel hasn't had a chance or actual starting gametime to get a chance for the game to slow down for him.

It is always said a rookie needs actual game time experience to adjust the speed of the game from college to NFL.

I am not saying he will be great but he can't be worse than Geno and like i said it depends on what we would have to give.

Anything higher than a 5th rounder and coples I pass.

I get what your saying but to be fair manziel hasn't had a chance or actual starting gametime to get a chance for the game to slow down for him.

It is always said a rookie needs actual game time experience to adjust the speed of the game from college to NFL.

I am not saying he will be great but he can't be worse than Geno and like i said it depends on what we would have to give.

Anything higher than a 5th rounder and coples I pass.

John Idzik demonstrated how he felt about Manziel when he left him on the board and drafted Pryor. He's not trading Coples for him, let alone Coples and a pick. This one has the combination of not only being a bad idea, but being a bad idea that has zero chance of happening.

John Idzik demonstrated how he felt about Manziel when he left him on the board and drafted Pryor. He's not trading Coples for him, let alone Coples and a pick. This one has the combination of not only being a bad idea, but being a bad idea that has zero chance of happening.

Not saying it's a good idea, but John Idzik passing on Manziel didn't happen in a vacuum. I'm higher on Manziel than Smith. You?

I'm still not seeing the downside of pursuing Hoyer. His numbers check out and, wait for it, we wouldn't have to give up any draft picks to get him.

This I agree with. If Hoyer hits free agency, then we need to put some of that cap space to work and find a way to bring him in. Add some weapons in the draft and we could have something next season. Sign me up for Hoyer -- not Manziel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not saying it's a good idea, but John Idzik passing on Manziel didn't happen in a vacuum. I'm higher on Manziel than Smith. You?

Well, at this point, I'm higher on just about anyone than Geno. Whatever potential I thought he had, despite the lack of playmakers around him, and the awful OL, has been compromised by the fractured psyche he has exhibited the past few weeks.

Hoyer isn't hitting free agency. It's the Browns, he's a Cleveland guy, and they're on an easy stretch of the schedule. He's going to have a (probably ridiculous) contract extension inside of a month.

I think he will.    He's 29, and if he continues to play well, this will be his one chance for a good contract.

GM's, as we well know, want to see their guy play.  Unless he self destructs, Manziel will get his shot.  Even though they suck, the Jets would be a good spot for Hoyer.  They have a ton of cap room, an are force starting a bust.

If I'm the Jets the next  bum punt returner they sign, and they will, I'd make sure is represented by Hoyer's agent.  And during the quick contract settlement for the punt returner, just happen to drop in, "Your pretty lucky to be representing Brian Hoyer next year, he should get a nice pay day"  Wink wink.

Agreed.

Thought about this again, maybe this is exactly what we need, like Seattle.  Sign Hoyer to nice healthy contract (Flynn), draft a 3rd round undersized prospect (there wont be because its the Jets) and then BOOM!!! SUPER BOWL!!!!

Archived