So... what will the excuse be

jgb

Just to play Devils advocate; what happens if he doesn't light it up and costs the Eagles their season?

it would be more painful for jets for him to play well. therefore refer to Immutable Jets Rule #1... the most painful thing for us shall come to pass, always.

I would love say I told you so because I said they were cutting the teams beat QB when they cut him....

But I won't say I told you so.

...and the teams current best QB is third on the depth chart.

This team is run by men with itty bitty balls. Spineless dum dums.

I hope Sanchez lights it up.

...for the rex lovers when sanchez starts lighting it up?

• Tanny fault for lack of weaponz?
  • refs fault for hating the jets?
  • schottenheimer and/or sparano blew it?
  • damien woody's butt?

Tanny, Sporano, Holmes, Plaxico, Mason, Schotty Jr., Thomas Jones, Tony Richardson, Brick, Mangold, Faneca, Woody, Slauson, Winslow Jr, Cotchery, Woody and the Flight Crew.

All their fault.

Not Rex's.

Have we come to hoping that Mark does well just to stick it to Rex? Is that really what we've devolved to?  Rex is gone, bringing up Mark just dredges up memories of two of the worst years of football that I've ever been witnessed too. Which when you add it on to this year, just stings. 

definitely

I would love say I told you so because I said they were cutting the teams beat QB when they cut him....

But I won't say I told you so.

...and the teams current best QB is third on the depth chart.

This team is run by men with itty bitty balls. Spineless dum dums.

I hope Sanchez lights it up.

I gave up on Sanchez the year before, at least a year too late but the way he went out was BS. I've been behind Rex but putting him in that PS game made zero sense.

Have we come to hoping that Mark does well just to stick it to Rex? Is that really what we've devolved to?  Rex is gone, bringing up Mark just dredges up memories of two of the worst years of football that I've ever been witnessed too. Which when you add it on to this year, just stings. 

I thought so last year, right before they dumped Gatorade on him for going 8-8.

I won't believe he's gone until it's been made official.

Putting Sanchez in against the giants was the beginning of the end for Rex. Dumb move. Moves like that proved he has no business running a team.

Sanchez looked meh and he still threw for 200 yds and 2 tds.. Haha. If Geno did that wed have a wave of "the game is finally slowing down for him" threads.

This franchise is just killing me. Absolutely killing me.

And I was hardly a Believer in Sanchez, I just knew he was the best QB on the team.

<p>

• damien woody's butt?

We need an offensive coach. I'd rather lose but be fun to watch then just get hammered

We need an offensive coach. I'd rather lose but be fun to watch then just get hammered

We just need a coach who can handle an entire team, not one side of the ball. We've done enough 180s as an organization to know how poorly it works when a coach only knows one side of the field, we just need someone who can manage both sides while holding everyone accountable.  If he happens to have cut his teeth on the offensive side of the ball, awesome, but it's not a prerequisite so long as he can actually coach an entire team.

Woody's management of the Jets has made it impossible to properly evaluate everyone in this organization, Rex included. Just like you'll see Mark Sanchez thrive with the Eagles, you'll see Rex thrive with another organization.

Not saying you should keep him, because this team needs to be blown up from the top down, just saying that Woody's at fault here above anyone else.

Yes old man, you've suffered longer than I have, it still doesn't take away that he made my eyes bleed for the majority of four years. 

sanchez 4 years, 2 AFC champ appearances. you have no idea how bad it can get my friend

Woody's management of the Jets has made it impossible to properly evaluate everyone in this organization, Rex included. Just like you'll see Mark Sanchez thrive with the Eagles, you'll see Rex thrive with another organization.

Not saying you should keep him, because this team needs to be blown up from the top down, just saying that Woody's at fault here above anyone else.

Was gonna say something similar.

There's no doubt that the Jets mismanaged the handling of Sanchez, and there's also no doubt that a lot of that is on Rex. But I do think we need to remember that Brian Schottenheimer was forced on Rex much in the same way that Rex was forced on Idzik, and Schottenheimer pretty much had autonomy on that side of the ball as the resident in-house genius. Rex's hiring of Sporano to replace him was undoubtedly the final nail in the coffin, though.

Still, it will not surprise me to see Sanchez do better elsewhere, just like it won't surprise me to see Rex do better elsewhere. Not only will both benefit from past experience, but they'll both be away from this dysfunctional franchise.

This team needs a complete house-cleaning, top to bottom. Unfortunately, you can't fire the owner. You can fire Idzik, though. Someone should put up a billboard.

Was gonna say something similar.

There's no doubt that the Jets mismanaged the handling of Sanchez, and there's also no doubt that a lot of that is on Rex. But I do think we need to remember that Brian Schottenheimer was forced on Rex much in the same way that Rex was forced on Idzik, and Schottenheimer pretty much had autonomy on that side of the ball as the resident in-house genius. Rex's hiring of Sporano to replace him was undoubtedly the final nail in the coffin, though.

Still, it will not surprise me to see Sanchez do better elsewhere, just like it won't surprise me to see Rex do better elsewhere. Not only will both benefit from past experience, but they'll both be away from this dysfunctional franchise.

This team needs a complete house-cleaning, top to bottom. Unfortunately, you can't fire the owner. You can fire Idzik, though. Someone should put up a billboard.

Rex also inherited some quality coaches too(Callahan, Westhoff)...for Rex to succeed elsewhere as a HC, he'll need to be surrounded by a much better staff than the one he currently has. I don't know if he's capable of putting together that type of staff. Regardless of the lack of talent on this years Jets , the team looks disorganized every Sunday with the bungling of timeouts and the too many men on the field penalties. Rex needs to be surrounded by those bad cops....not lackeys like Thurman and Weeks.

It's an underrated component of the past two seasons...we've lost a lot of good assistants and replaced them with crap.

• damien woody's butt?

Rex got Sanchez  hurt in the Snoopy Bowl.  Hey, but our pre-season record was good. Isn't  that what counts.?   Front Office thought Geno was gonna be the next Andrew Luck.  They really don't know what they are doing up there.

Archived