If the Jets winning depresses you, relax...

slats

The Rex dead-enders have become parodies of themselves.

But hey, congrats everyone! Rather than playing the kids and evaluating who should be here next year, Buffoon Boy is in full-scale job preservation mode and will play veterans like Vick, which will do nothing except win us an extra game or 2 here and there in this lost season (like today's), costing us a franchise QB in the process (FYI - JAX, TB, and TEN all lost today, and OAK is well on their way to losing to DEN).

Gatorade showers and extensions all around!!!

:suicide:

The "suck for Luck" esque fans like yourself are a disgrace to all the fans.

The "suck for Luck" esque fans like yourself are a disgrace to all the fans.

The only "disgrace" to this fanbase are the pseudo-fans such as yourself, who malign those of us who want to lose out once a season is lost, to set ourselves up for long-term success.

The goal in this league is to win championships, not stretch a 1-2 win season out into a 3-4 win season. Those are meaningless wins that cause immeasurable long-term damage to the franchise.

I guarantee you there's not one Colts fan that regrets "suck[ing] for Luck", wishing they squeezed out an extra couple wins so they could've instead drafted Morris Claiborne.

The only "disgrace" to this fanbase are the pseudo-fans such as yourself, who malign those of us who want to lose out once a season is lost, to set ourselves up for long-term success.

The goal in this league is to win championships, not stretch a 1-2 win season out into a 3-4 win season. Those are meaningless wins that cause immeasurable long-term damage to the franchise.

I guarantee you there's not one Colts fan that regrets "suck[ing] for Luck", wishing they squeezed out an extra couple wins so they could've instead drafted Morris Claiborne.

Last I checked, winning was the goal. If you have must have

Next year? While the draft pick learns? Sign me up, but I think Vick might be looking for a 3-year deal if he plays reasonably well the rest of the way. He's not getting that here.

I'd sign up for Vick starting week 1 if it meant Mariota, Jameis or Cook were holding the clipboard.  I will not sign up for Vick starting when it's only Geno, Simms and some neverwas like Locker behind him.  If the Rams cut Bradford, I'd roll the dice on him, but still will be thoroughly upset if we don't come away with one Winston/Mariota/Cook.  Since we're not landing the#1 overall pick, best thing for us to happen is either Oakland or Jacksonville lose out so that we actually have a chance in moving up.  It'll most likely come down to who wants to give up more to get them out of us, Tampa, St. Louis and Tennessee.  

Winning CHAMPIONSHIPS is the goal; losing out once a season is already lost puts us in the best position to do that. Winning meaningless games to compromise draft position in a lost season runs diametrically counter to the goal.

Accidentally hit submit on my last post.

But if you must have the first overall pick to draft a franchise QB, then there is something wrong in the scouting department. U think Mariota is going to save this franchise? That what Raiders fan thought when they drafted JaMarcus. I can guarantee you no one in Oakland is happy about it.

I'd sign up for Vick starting week 1 if it meant Mariota, Jameis or Cook were holding the clipboard.  I will not sign up for Vick starting when it's only Geno, Simms and some neverwas like Locker behind him.  If the Rams cut Bradford, I'd roll the dice on him, but still will be thoroughly upset if we don't come away with one Winston/Mariota/Cook.  Since we're not landing the#1 overall pick, best thing for us to happen is either Oakland or Jacksonville lose out so that we actually have a chance in moving up.  It'll most likely come down to who wants to give up more to get them out of us, Tampa, St. Louis and Tennessee.  

I'm a little afraid of all three QB's, to be honest. If we're going that route, the next coach needs to be someone who has a deep, intimate understanding of how to get young QBs started on the path to not sucking.

I'm a little afraid of all three QB's, to be honest. If we're going that route, the next coach needs to be someone who has a deep, intimate understanding of how to get young QBs started on the path to not sucking.

If it makes you feel any better, this years group of rookie QB's all look bad. The Titans game was on at the bar next to the Jets today and Mettenberger was deer in headlights. Bortles has been brutal too.

But hey, congrats everyone! Rather than playing the kids and evaluating who should be here next year, Buffoon Boy is in full-scale job preservation mode and will play veterans like Vick, which will do nothing except win us an extra game or 2 here and there in this lost season (like today's), costing us a franchise QB in the process (FYI - JAX, TB, and TEN all lost today, and OAK is well on their way to losing to DEN).

It was an incredible game plan.  The effort on the field was impressive.  Very proud of the team right now. 

If it makes you feel any better, this years group of rookie QB's all look bad. The Titans game was on at the bar next to the Jets today and Mettenberger was deer in headlights. Bortles has been brutal too.

I know they're a few years away, but I do like what Carr and Bridgewater are doing right now. They're taking their lumps, but both look like they belong. I think Winston could have early success wherever he goes, but Mariota is going to need some serious TLC. Cook will need a lot of playmakers around him to be effective early. 

I know they're a few years away, but I do like what Carr and Bridgewater are doing right now. They're taking their lumps, but both look like they belong. I think Winston could have early success wherever he goes, but Mariota is going to need some serious TLC. Cook will need a lot of playmakers around him to be effective early. 

I'd say the same of Bortles, he's throwing turnovers, but he already looks better out there than Geno ever has. Geno plays exactly like Sanchez did, with the fear of God scared into him that making a mistake cannot be overcome. I think it's obvious where this vibe comes from.

Next year? While the draft pick learns? Sign me up, but I think Vick might be looking for a 3-year deal if he plays reasonably well the rest of the way. He's not getting that here.

I'd be fine giving him a three year deal (structured so he can be cut after two). He isn't the player he was when he was younger, but he's still more than serviceable. Much better than what we've been dealing with at the position the last six years.

Then draft a QB early, and maybe draft another project QB later. Let them both sit and learn.

Speaking of playing the kids, did Pryor play today?

1.) The Steelers, and red hot Ben Roethlisberger, took the Jets and their practically nonexistent secondary for granted.

2.) The Jets came in determined not to set a franchise record for most consecutive losses in a season.

We should be back to our regularly scheduled programming after the bye.

How many times were there huge plays against us and then you watch replay and you see Pryor either taking a wrong lane or just slow as molasses or just way out of position....he is swimming.

Archived