List Of Potential GM, Head Coach Candidates For Jets Is Reportedly Extensive (merged)

Ken Schroy

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Adam Schefter         @AdamSchefter Follow

Jets requested HC interviews with Cards DC Todd Bowles, SEA asst HC Tom Cable, BALT OC Gary Kubiak, SD OC Frank Reich, SEA DC Dan Quinn.

I like Kubiak. Reich, as a former NFL QB could be a big help in developing a young QB.

SD's offense is pretty good considering talent and injuries.

If we could find a QB as tough as Rivers we'd be blessed. This guy wills his team to win. Tough loss at KC

He said Dan Quinn, Todd Bowles, Gary Kubiak and Tom Cable are all on the Jets head coaching wish list with Kubiak and Cable being the front runners. No link, it was on sports center. Tom Cable worries me for sure. The guy way overachieved in Oakland but I'm not sure I feel that he would be a better choice than other guys out there.

I'm sure there'll be others. In contrast to what the Falcons and Raiders are reportedly scheduling, I like our list quite a bit more. 

True.  I'd just like to see someone that wants to throw and throw some more.  So the DC's and Kubiak (a run first OC) - are a little annoying.  But its early.  I'm not looking to much into these reports but would like to see Pep get an interview.  I'm high on Pep.

Kubiak and Reich are both intriguing. Reich has the same kid of career profile as Jim Harbaugh minus the a-hole aspect.

Kubiak will be more ground and pound...I'm pretty confident you been vocal about not wanting that...could be confused with another poster though.

Reich?  The comeback king!  Has done nothing as coach in the NFL that warrants Head Coach conversation.  He's had one year as a coordinator and that's in San Diego running McCoy's offense.  No thanks.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/12/30/jets-line-up-five-coaches-including-gary-kubiak/

According to Adam Schefter of ESPN, the Jets have requested interviews with Cardinals defensive coordinator Todd Bowles, Seattle assistant head coach Tom Cable, Ravens offensive coordinator Gary Kubiak, Chargers offensive coordinator Frank Reich and Seahawks defensive coordinator Dan Quinn.

Adam Schefter         @AdamSchefter Follow

Jets requested HC interviews with Cards DC Todd Bowles, SEA asst HC Tom Cable, BALT OC Gary Kubiak, SD OC Frank Reich, SEA DC Dan Quinn.

I like Kubiak. Reich, as a former NFL QB could be a big help in developing a young QB.

SD's offense is pretty good considering talent and injuries.

If we could find a QB as tough as Rivers we'd be blessed. This guy wills his team to win. Tough loss at KC

Again, Reich hasnt done anything to think he's going to be good at anything.

He's been the QB coach for Manning and Rivers when they were veterans.  He's been a coordinator for 1 year.  He's mostly spent time as a Wide Receiver coach. 

As coach:

True.  I'd just like to see someone that wants to throw and throw some more.  So the DC's and Kubiak (a run first OC) - are a little annoying.  But its early.  I'm not looking to much into these reports but would like to see Pep get an interview.  I'm high on Pep.

Kubiak will be more ground and pound...I'm pretty confident you been vocal about not wanting that...could be confused with another poster though.

Reich?  The comeback king!  Has done nothing as coach in the NFL that warrants Head Coach conversation.  He's had one year as a coordinator and that's in San Diego running McCoy's offense.  No thanks.

Personally, I like the offense Kubiak runs. I think it's more balanced, but he does such a good job of finding RBs and turning them into studs that that is all people associate with him. I also think he was a good HC in Houston, but the tolerance for him in that job was tied to Schaub falling apart. He got a lot of good football out of Schaub though, who was a garbage QB imo.

I'm not sure about Reich, or Tom Cable, but I do like the other guys on that list, mostly. I'd hope we give a look to guys like Pep, David Shaw, Malzahn, and some of the other really intriguing candidates I've seen brought up here in the past couple months.

I really am starting to warm up to the idea of Pep Hamilton.

You DO NOT WANt Pep Hamilton. I live in Indianapolis the guy is a tool Colts fans hate him. Luck and Bruce Arians developed a system 3 years ago that's why the colts win games. Pep tries to outsmart everybody and go run-heavy until the colts get behind then his gameplan goes out the window.

Oh boy oh boy oh boy...if you follow me on these pages like I know many, many of you do, you know Kubiak is my first choice.

A great offensive mind and is responsible for many a great running attacks.

My dream was Kubiak/Gurley but gurleys knee injury crushed that dream.

Kubiak/ivory would kick ass

Kubiak/m.gordon anyone?

My mother would rush for 1500 yards under Kubiak.. Hahaha.

C'mon kuuuubiak!!!!

You do have me confused with another re: ground and pound.

Good points on Reich.

Kubiak does use the TE quite a bit in his offenses and has always run a zone blocking scheme that helped Foster and now Forsett.

Ivory is not like either of those backs, but he does hit the whole hard and has decent speed. Not a great cutback runner though...more straight ahead.

I would probably prefer his offensive scheme to MM's based on our current talent

He's been the QB coach for Manning and Rivers when they were veterans.  He's been a coordinator for 1 year.  He's mostly spent time as a Wide Receiver coach. 

As coach:

So, Adam Gase has gotten coffee for Manning last 2 years and everyone thinks he's the next Jon Gruden. Reich has done a good job in San Diego.

Personally, I like the offense Kubiak runs. I think it's more balanced, but he does such a good job of finding RBs and turning them into studs that that is all people associate with him. I also think he was a good HC in Houston, but the tolerance for him in that job was tied to Schaub falling apart. He got a lot of good football out of Schaub though, who was a garbage QB imo.

I'm not sure about Reich, or Tom Cable, but I do like the other guys on that list, mostly. I'd hope we give a look to guys like Pep, David Shaw, Malzahn, and some of the other really intriguing candidates I've seen brought up here in the past couple months.

Thats fair, he did get the most out of Schaub.  Had the guy almost throw for 5,000 yards and 30 TD's in his best season.  Threw for over 4k 3 times under Kubiak.  You kind of forget about that aspect because he's known for his run game. Top 10 in points scored 4 straight years.

I actually really wanted Kubiak when we hired Mangini.  He was my #1 choice for HC at the time.  And I was very high on Schaub coming out of ATL. Thought the Jets should go hard after both.

I could get behind it.  He really did turn things around there.

As coach:

Between his own career and the list above, he's been in a lot of places that had very good offenses. Coaching Peyton Manning, Philip Rivers or Larry Fitzgerald is probably not all that hard, but the success in almsot every place he has been still speaks well of Reich.

You DO NOT WANt Pep Hamilton. I live in Indianapolis the guy is a tool Colts fans hate him. Luck and Bruce Arians developed a system 3 years ago that's why the colts win games. Pep tries to outsmart everybody and go run-heavy until the colts get behind then his gameplan goes out the window.

Arians was there for 1 year.  They were 18th in points scored and 10th in yards.  That's a bad ratio.  They couldn't score.  That's a problem.  And now, Mr. Offensive Genius, has a terrible offense and wins on defense in Arizona. 

This year, under Pep, they're 6th in scoring and 3rd in yards. 543 pass attempts, 415 rush attempts.  Run heavy? Pep's got that offense clicking.  Sure he benefits from Luck but that offense clicks on all cylinders largely because the system that Pep runs.  Not some system that couldnt score 3 years ago.

Thats fair, he did get the most out of Schaub.  Had the guy almost throw for 5,000 yards and 30 TD's in his best season.  Threw for over 4k 3 times under Kubiak.  You kind of forget about that aspect because he's known for his run game. Top 10 in points scored 4 straight years.

I actually really wanted Kubiak when we hired Mangini.  He was my #1 choice for HC at the time.  And I was very high on Schaub coming out of ATL. Thought the Jets should go hard after both.

I could get behind it.  He really did turn things around there.

If I remember correct, he was mine as well. 

This was my concern from the get go. The field of candidates is putrid. I really hope they don't go with a retread, would rather see them sink or swim with an up and comer, than mire themselves in mediocrity with somebody who had a winning season or two.

That's why Walter Football gave the firing of Rex a big fat F.

Archived