Bengals under Marvin Lewis, zero playoff win in 12 years

DRJETS

Tough to fire a guy that's gone to the playoffs 4 years in a row.

I see the argument for firing him and keeping him. If I was a Bengal FAN however, I would want him fired. He's been there for a long time and they've been to the playoffs a bunch of times but you can't win one playoff game?

If I was the front office I would keep him. He's consistent at least and with the team they have you know they will have a shot at the playoffs. It can always get worst.

13-10 at half and they were receiving the ball in the 3rd.    just saying.   2nd half was bad for them.

Played  for a FG before half, and acted like they won something when Nugent hit it off the upright. Takeway is try to score TDs on offense instead of playing defensive pussyball. 

They will never get a strong head coach because front office is run by the Brown family.  They control all personnel decisions.  They are stuck with a good but not great QB, and a good, but not great coach.  I think they are happy with good, not great.  They make money, they don't pay anyone outrageous salaries, and they make the playoffs.  They just don't compete for championships.

Bastard, lol, you can make excuse for a proven loser but love to attack a coach who did so much with so little.  :confused0085: 

So Ryan sucks less because Marvin Lewis sucks. Brilliant. Can't they both suck? Why is this a choice at all? 

Bastard, lol, you can make excuse for a proven loser but love to attack a coach who did so much with so little. :confused0085:

Proven loser? Do you know how bad the Bengals were before he got there?

And I was always a Rex fan. I still am. He's just not the man to lead the Jets anymore because he can't get out of his own way and he hasn't shown any growth as a coach. He's made the same mistakes this season as he did as a rookie head coach.

Proven loser? Do you know how bad the Bengals were before he got there?

And I was always a Rex fan. I still am. He's just not the man to lead the Jets anymore because he can't get out of his own way and he hasn't shown any growth as a coach. He's made the same mistakes this season as he did as a rookie head coach.

Marvin is a proven loser. You think that Rex can't get out of his own way then Marvin Lewis wrote the book. I BELIEVE that Rex would've won one of those games. Do I have proof? No. I'm using laws of probability to say that. To be in the playoffs all these years and not be able to win one game shows how inept Marvin Lewis is as a coach on the big stage.

Also, Marvin getting to the playoffs keeps him holding on by a thread to coaching that teAm when it probably is the right time for a change.

Marvin Lewis was Rex's mentor lol

Yet, the mentee beat his mentor in the playoff and made it twice to the AFCC in six years, even with a rookie QB.  In the process winning four playoff games on the road, beating the like of Brady, Payton, and Rivers.  LOL

Marvin is a proven loser. You think that Rex can't get out of his own way then Marvin Lewis wrote the book. I BELIEVE that Rex would've won one of those games. Do I have proof? No. I'm using laws of probability to say that. To be in the playoffs all these years and not be able to win one game shows how inept Marvin Lewis is as a coach on the big stage.

Also, Marvin getting to the playoffs keeps him holding on by a thread to coaching that teAm when it probably is the right time for a change.

You might be right. I don't follow the Bengals that closely but to get into the playoffs for four straight years in that division is not a fireable offense.

You might be right. I don't follow the Bengals that closely but to get into the playoffs for four straight years in that division is not a fireable offense.

I agree. I think you have to think big picture though. Ask yourself is a guy who is 0-6 lifetime in playoff games is the right guy to lead your team to a super bowl. I think the record speaks for itself.

Exactly.

I agree. I think you have to think big picture though. Ask yourself is a guy who is 0-6 lifetime in playoff games is the right guy to lead your team to a super bowl. I think the record speaks for itself.

And who was the last Jets HC to lead them to the playoffs 4 straight years?

And who was the last Jets HC to lead them to the playoffs 4 straight years?

I'm not talking about the Jets. Getting to the playoffs is not a big accomplishment if you can't win a game. What's the point? You are only adding an extra loss to your resume.

And I think you have to ask yourself who are you going to replace him with that might be the guy to take Dalton and that team to the next level? I'm not sure there is a guy out there who can do that right now, as we are seeing in the Jets coach search.

So Ryan sucks less because Marvin Lewis sucks. Brilliant. Can't they both suck? Why is this a choice at all? 

Suck less, try two afcc trip and four road wins, how many nfl coaches or looking for HC job, had done that? Is the answer to the question, not many?  :Banane43: 

And I think you have to ask yourself who are you going to replace him with that might be the guy to take Dalton and that team to the next level? I'm not sure there is a guy out there who can do that right now, as we are seeing in the Jets coach search.

On paper there might not be a better coach out there as with the Jets coaching search but CHANGE is what you are looking for mostly when you change head coaches. As in not having the same thing in place and expecting a better result.

I'm not talking about the Jets. Getting to the playoffs is not a big accomplishment if you can't win a game. What's the point? You are only adding an extra loss to your resume.

And how the hell can you win a Super Bowl without getting into the playoffs?

Jets fans would give their left nutsack to just make the playoffs 4 straight years.

Archived