If Randall Cobb hits the Free Agency Market.

Villain The Foe

There's no question Cobb is an upgrade to Harvin in many many ways.

But, we need to make a move quickly at QB. No high end FA is coming here if Geno is the projected #1.

Trade for Foles.... ASAP

$$$ talks and we have it.  I just hope we use it wisely.

I bet Harvin would look pretty nice if he was playing in Green Bay.

If cutting Harvin and signing Cobb for less is possible I'd certainly be open to that. Harvin seems to like being here, did some nice things this past season, and I think would be a really nice fit for Gailey's offense.

He's also got no guaranteed money in his contract right now. If they're able to bring down those cap figures a bit in exchange for some guarantees and I think that'd be a win-win .

I'm good with either. You can say what you want about Harvin and his attitude but he hasn't really done much talking this season and he did some nice things for our dry offense. On the other hand I love Randall Cobb coming out of Kentucky and he is a good locker room presence which may be better for our new start... but only cut Harvin if you know you can sign Cobb. I just don't want us to lose out on both.

If cutting Harvin and signing Cobb for less is possible I'd certainly be open to that. Harvin seems to like being here, did some nice things this past season, and I think would be a really nice fit for Gailey's offense.

He's also got no guaranteed money in his contract right now. If they're able to bring down those cap figures a bit in exchange for some guarantees and I think that'd be a win-win .

You got a point there. Im really liking Cobbs game though. He is a better WR imo. 

Harvin had the 3rd highest salary at the wr position last year. It's almost impossible for Cobb to make as much money next year after the jets sign him.

Harvin was in his best behavior last year because Seattle had exiled him and he was playing to keep his contract or for a new one and he still got hurt anyway. Get rid of this clown and upgrade

I'm good with either. You can say what you want about Harvin and his attitude but he hasn't really done much talking this season and he did some nice things for our dry offense. On the other hand I love Randall Cobb coming out of Kentucky and he is a good locker room presence which may be better for our new start... but only cut Harvin if you know you can sign Cobb. I just don't want us to lose out on both.

For sure true. 

There's no question Cobb is an upgrade to Harvin in many many ways.

But, we need to make a move quickly at QB. No high end FA is coming here if Geno is the projected #1.

Trade for Foles.... ASAP

I'd trade for Foles. What would Philly want though? I would also trade that #6 pick to Philly as well. The guy OT that I want is staying in school so my next best could be picked up in the late 1st early 2nd round. 

You guys just endured Santonio's stupidity and now you want to keep Harvin around who has a worse contract?

Cut Harvin and sign Cobb. Better player without Harvin's stupidity.

Well the thing that makes Harvin's contract not as bad is the lack of guaranteed money. Holmes knew he had 3 years guaranteed: in year 1 of that deal already started acting up, knowing he was uncuttable. It only made it worse that he knew our WR corps wasn't exactly stacked: he was by far the best receiver talent-wise and I think he was the starting QB's roommate to boot.

Thing with Harvin's deal (as is) is that he's guaranteed nothing going forward. If he makes final cutdowns and is on the opening day roster, THEN his contract for that year is guaranteed, but nothing beyond that. And what if he starts acting up already in August? As things stand we could dump him and (cap-wise) lose nothing but our pride for what we'd already given up (4th rd pick and $6M+ in '14).

But past super-douche behavior is the #1 reason I'm concerned redoing his deal to guarantee the next 2 years, even if it saves $2-3M per year if we keep him for 2 years. If we were in cap trouble that would be one thing, but we're far from that kind of situation.

I'd trade for Foles. What would Philly want though? I would also trade that #6 pick to Philly as well. The guy OT that I want is staying in school so my next best could be picked up in the late 1st early 2nd round.

I would imagine this year's 2nd and next year's 4th maybe. That might be too much to give up. But it would be fantastic to have Nick Foles under center.

Agreed.  Regardless.  Still need QB Johnny.

yup the ageless jet problem. i hope new regime, with no dog in the fight, spreads the risk by picking up several as camp bodies and letting them fight it out fair and square with no bonus points given for draft status or contract value.

yup the ageless jet problem. i hope new regime, with no dog in the fight, spreads the risk by picking up several as camp bodies and letting them fight it out fair and square with no bonus points given for draft status or contract value.

Yes.  With Marcus the Duck waiting for his chance.  #aaronrodgers2

If that happens Geno won't make the team.

that would be fine with me but don't see it happening. let the chips fall where they may. best 3 make the team. too bad for the others. geno's combination of youth, affordable contract, and starting experience are assets that the team will likely need (hopefully on the bench!)

If we could land Mariota I think we could easily use him as leverage to land Foles and maybe a mid round pick

If we could land Mariota I think we could easily use him as leverage to land Foles and maybe a mid round pick

I want Philly's 1st round pick, Foles and a mid round pick. That shouldn't be much to ask. We're giving them Mariota which is literally a top 10 first round pick, and in return we want their 20th pick in the 1st, a 3rd rounder and the QB that they're going to replace with Mariota.  

I want Philly's 1st round pick, Foles and a mid round pick. That shouldn't be much to ask. We're giving them Mariota which is literally a top 10 first round pick, and in return we want their 20th pick in the 1st, a 3rd rounder and the QB that they're going to replace with Mariota.

I'd love that, but you have to consider Foles value. He worth a early 2nd or late 1st as is IMHO. So if we are taking him in exchange for the #6 overall pick I doubt they also give is their 1st. I'd love to get Foles and their 4th (to make up for the one we lose for Harvin)

Do you really think Chip Kelley wants to waste another season waiting for Marriota to understand the speed of the game and the different reads?

I'd be surprised if Eagles give up Foles, #20 pick and a future #2. In a perfect world, he would have Marriota sit a year while Foles makes a playoff push.

I could be wrong, also.

I'd love that, but you have to consider Foles value. He worth a early 2nd or late 1st as is IMHO. So if we are taking him in exchange for the #6 overall pick I doubt they also give is their 1st. I'd love to get Foles and their 4th (to make up for the one we lose for Harvin)

Its not what we think Foles value is, its what Mariota's value is to Philly. If Foles was worth a 2nd or even a 1st rounder then they would keep him. Now he may be worth that to us, but our leverage is that the Eagles pick 14 spaces after the fact. If Mariota is really the guy they need to execute what Chip needs to win then giving up a QB that they obviously dont believe in the way they should along with their 1st rounder in order to get the QB that Chip has coveted since high school means that we have the bargaining chip. 

Or what we can do is simply use our draft pick and stick with Geno and whomever we pick up in free agency like Locker or Mallet. There's no way in the world the Jets should give Philly a top 10 pick, let them keep their 20th pick and in return get Foles and a 4th rounder. Hell no. 

I see we agree!

Its not what we think Foles value is, its what Mariota's value is to Philly. If Foles was worth a 2nd or even a 1st rounder then they would keep him. Now he may be worth that to us, but our leverage is that the Eagles pick 14 spaces after the fact. If Mariota is really the guy they need to execute what Chip needs to win then giving up a QB that they obviously dont believe in the way they should along with their 1st rounder in order to get the QB that Chip has coveted since high school means that we have the bargaining chip. 

Or what we can do is simply use our draft pick and stick with Geno and whomever we pick up in free agency like Locker or Mallet. There's no way in the world the Jets should give Philly a top 10 pick, let them keep their 20th pick and in return get Foles and a 4th rounder. Hell no. 

Don't worry.... he won't be there at #6 anyway.

Archived