Luck to be highest paid player

MatthewPLP

The Indianapolis Colts have been working on the parameters of a blockbuster deal for quarterback Andrew Luck, according to league sources.

Many around the league expect a completed deal would make Luck the highest-paid player in the game, at a figure that could be right around $25 million per year.

Conversations between Luck and the Colts have been ongoing, even though nothing can be finalized until the start of the new league year March 10.

But both sides want to make it happen and are expected to keep trying to make it happen until a new deal is in place, locking Luck in Indianapolis for years to come.

Dude has a career 58% completion rate, does this warrant him 25 mil per year? What am I missing?

He's also the 3rd most important piece after the defense and Lynch. Seattle won yesterday despise Wilson being pretty terrible for most of that game. 

He also made about five plays that won them the game. 

Wilson is one of the few QBs who can overcome mistake like that and win. I haven't seen Luck do that yet. 

He also made about five plays that won them the game. 

Wilson is one of the few QBs who can overcome mistake like that and win. I haven't seen Luck do that yet. 

Saying Wilson won that game and not Lynch is bogus. 

Luck isn't known for comeback wins? 

His contract wont and shouldn't approach anything near Lucks. Put Wilson on Indy they win 3 games. 

That's a ridiculous statement. Luck is better than Wilson, but this makes it sound like Wilson is absolute garbage. Colts still win that division with Wilson.

Saying Wilson won that game and not Lynch is bogus. 

Luck isn't known for comeback wins? 

Really? Did Lynch make that insane scramble for a dozen yards, stepping out of bounds with 2:01 on the clock, getting his team a  first down and preserving the play stoppage of the 2-minute warning?

Did Lynch throw those perfect passes in overtime?

Really? Did Lynch make that insane scramble for a dozen yards, stepping out of bounds with 2:01 on the clock, getting his team a  first down and preserving the play stoppage of the 2-minute warning?

Nah, he just made up for Wilson's 3 and 9/10 of a quarter of crappy play. I say this as a Wilson fan. 

That's a ridiculous statement. Luck is better than Wilson, but this makes it sound like Wilson is absolute garbage. Colts still win that division with Wilson.

Not a chance, the Colts are awful outside of Luck. The gap between the Colts running game with Herron and T. Richardson and the Seahawks with Lynch is huge. Wilson can't win with his arm, so  take away his ability to run and or replace Lynch with Colts RBs put he's mediocre, as we saw yesterday. Wilson can only be successful off the run, we saw it yesterday. 

for how bad he was that game those passes really were perfect. Great touch, caught in stride, and perfect spirals. The kid is accurate for sure.

did you even watch yesterday? I give him credit for making that pass (clock was no longer an issue so they could use their entire playbook) but before that throw he was terrible. He had a 0 qb rating in the first half. Lynch saved that offense. 

Not a chance, the Colts are awful outside of Luck. The gap between the Colts running game with Herron and T. Richardson and the Seahawks with Lynch is huge. Wilson can't win with his arm, so  take away his ability to run and or replace Lynch with Colts RBs put he's mediocre, as we saw yesterday. Wilson can only be successful off the run, we saw it yesterday. 

T.Y. Hilton is a much better receiver than WIlson has. Fleener and Allen are also better than any of the Seahawks' pass catchers. Herron and Bradshaw are not Lynch, but they are good enough. And you are aware who is in their division, right? I could play QB and beat Jacksonville and Tennessee.

T.Y. Hilton is a much better receiver than WIlson has. Fleener and Allen are also better than any of the Seahawks' pass catchers. Herron and Bradshaw are not Lynch, but they are good enough. And you are aware who is in their division, right? I could play QB and beat Jacksonville and Tennessee.

I bet Thomas Jones could come out of retirement and out perform those guys. I love Thomas Jones

Colts WR are terrible, Hilton has some talent but he along with everyone else on that team drop easy passes consistently. Offensive line is terrible, running game since Bradshaw went down has been terrible. Defense gets shredded on the regular. That team for 3 years now has had no business being in the post season. 

I did. I get the feeling you didn't. 

Wilson's play down the stretch was spectacular and huge part of the reason the Seahawks won. To deny this is to claim you didn't see it. 

we obviously watched different games, because I watched a game where Lynch put them within a TD of taking the lead with a 32 yard catch and run down the sideline tossing defenders to the side and scored the go ahead TD with 24 yard run juking players out of their cleats. All with less than 3 mins left in the game.

The guy's still on pace to be an easy HOFer by the time he retires. 25 million a year is nothing to the NFL, Clayton Kershaw is making ~34-36 million dollars a year from 2016-2020 in the MLB.

Hold out for more!

No cap in MLB though. Just saying. 

we obviously watched different games, because I watched a game where Lynch put them within a TD of taking the lead with a 32 yard catch and run down the sideline tossing defenders to the side and scored the go ahead TD with 24 yard run juking players out of their cleats. All with less than 3 mins left in the game.

Who threw him the ball? 

Colts WR are terrible, Hilton has some talent but he along with everyone else on that team drop easy passes consistently. Offensive line is terrible, running game since Bradshaw went down has been terrible. Defense gets shredded on the regular. That team for 3 years now has had no business being in the post season. 

All receivers drop passes. Hilton was 6th in the NFL in receiving yards. Bradshaw averaged 4.7 YPC and Herron 4.5. They had the number 19 defense in points and number 11 in yards. Not great, but hardly the league's worst. The idea that WIlson would only win three games there is ludicrous. 1) The Colts are more talented than you give them credit for, 2) It completely disparages Wilson, and 3)They could sweep the Titans and Jaguars if Geno was their QB.

I bet Thomas Jones could come out of retirement and out perform those guys. I love Thomas Jones

I don't know how to change my member title. Still hate Thomas Jones, though. The Jets might have won a Super Bowl with that offensive line if we had a RB that did more than "get exactly what is blocked".

Archived