Mayock's Positional Top 5.... Some Surprises!

32EBoozer

Scherff is slated to go top six by most mocks, yet mayock lists him as a guard instead of a top tackle prospect. I think he gets drafted as a tackle with his fall back being Guard, and a great one at that. If he is going to be a guard only prospect he drops at least 5 to 7 slots.

Who was that fat trash bust guard that you wanted again? He's in Tennessee now, yes? #fattrash

I guess it will all depend on free agency.

I'm thinking since we took Decker last year & resigned Kerley, than drafted Amaro, you make complete sense drafting more offense instead of going into free agency for it.

Could you imagine coming out of the draft with White or Cooper @ 6, and Gurley is sitting for us in the 2nd round! Damn!

That could be the case if Jets go heavy on defense in free agency.

Jets have enough money to sign 2 stud defensive free agents & could easily sign 1 stud Olineman like Iupati.

Realistically I could see Maxwell & Brandon Graham. Cro could be had for less as a stopgap who knows Bowles system.

CJ Spiller who won't break the bank with Powell moving on. And Charles Clay, if we could get him I'd cut Cumberland who comes cheap, 1.9 million but even at that is overpaid.

Draft White, Gurley, go BPA (offense or defense) rest of the draft. (Maybe 3rd round QB, Bryce Petty maybe)

Free agent signings- Maxwell/Graham/Iupati (3 top signings), Cro/CJ Spiller/Clay (2nd tier FA signings).

I would be absolutely pumped if this came to fruition.

Obviously with drafting White & Gurley, Jets cut Harvin and now have their 4th round pick too.

What if we just go after Orakpo when Washington cuts him?

While I know this is true, I still enjoy watching the draft and rooting for us to take certain guys, only to be disappointed when we draft guys that elicit a "WTF?" and the guys I wanted inevitably get drafted by Baltimore, Pittsburgh and New England.

So you are -- deliberately -- watching the draft with a rooting interest primarily informed by the weird emotional reactions of JetNation posters to things they read on the Internet. Can I ask why?

So you are -- deliberately -- watching the draft with a rooting interest primarily informed by the weird emotional reactions of JetNation posters to things they read on the Internet. Can I ask why?

A thousand monkeys typing on a thousand typewriters will produce one definitive draft analysis of Marcus Mariota.

What if we just go after Orakpo when Washington cuts him?

The guys always injured. I love the way Brandon Graham plays, 110% on every play, always seems to be around the ball. In this league it's not only the athleticism but the EFFORT put forth.

That's why guys like Ninkovich succeed & BB loves him.

Graham would be a nightmare with offenses worried about blocking our Dlineman. Especially if we can get better play out of the secondary & get that extra 1/2 second our front 7 needs.

A lot of people are talking about Maxwell...If anything hes going to sign with Quinn in ATL. I honestly dont think hes any good to begin with. Average corner that will get paid just because.

I watched him a lot during the Super Bowl & thought he did a great job. Was always around the ball. Pats picked on Simon (the dude that took lanes place).

Bowles coaching in the NFC Saw him 2 times a year so if he has no interest that's all we need to know. If he does have interest, I don't necessarily think Maxwell will choose his old coach.

We need CBs in the WORST WAY, we have 50 million, Bowles needs CBs to play his scheme. March 10th can't come quick enough for me.

I watched him a lot during the Super Bowl & thought he did a great job. Was always around the ball. Pats picked on Simon (the dude that took lanes place).

Bowles coaching in the NFC Saw him 2 times a year so if he has no interest that's all we need to know. If he does have interest, I don't necessarily think Maxwell will choose his old coach.

We need CBs in the WORST WAY, we have 50 million, Bowles needs CBs to play his scheme. March 10th can't come quick enough for me.

I just realized I will be in Columbia S.A. from the 10th - 18th... Oh Man that's gonna' suck! I will be relying on this board to keep me updated on FA.

Don't fail me Brothers!!

I've posted on various boards for a long time. There's people whose point-of-view I respect, and enjoy "rooting" for getting the guys in the draft that they think will be good Jets. As someone that isn't dedicated to being a keyboard college scout, this is how I choose to enjoy the draft. I'm not completely without an eye for talented football players either, I just don't pretend to know more than I do. So, playing armchair GM can be fun, given how boring that time of year is for sports anyway.

I truly believe Coop is going to Raiders at 4, im not real happy about it as the Raiders like the jets are career killers for top picks.  If Kevin White is very close to Coop's level of talent than they should take him at 6.

Will New GM pass over MM and take White is the big question.

I truly believe Coop is going to Raiders at 4, im not real happy about it as the Raiders like the jets are career killers for top picks.  If Kevin White is very close to Coop's level of talent than they should take him at 6.

Will New GM pass over MM and take White is the big question.

That would be interesting but don't be surprised if White goes to the Raiders at 4; a lot depends on how he and Cooper look at the combines.  

What I've been reading is that, while everyone likes Cooper, they think that White is the better overall athlete by a lot. I've read comparisons to Julio Jones for him. Cooper is the guy that I like the best at 6 simply because I think he'll be 1. safe and 2. productive a la Victor Cruz.

That's a great comparison.  Cooper definitely looks like Cruz out there.  I don't think White compares to Julio Jones, though.  Julio is a lot bigger and faster.

Who was that fat trash bust guard that you wanted again? He's in Tennessee now, yes? #fattrash

Yeah a lot of guys, including scouts, talking heads, and obviously the Tennessee titans thought he was something special, as I did. He's been improving but isn't what you'd expect from a guy at that position drafted ten overall. Scherff is no fatty McFatterson though. He's a beast gym rat that has his workouts on YouTube. Not the same guy as warmack. If he's a guard he goes top fifteen. If he's a tackle he goes top six or seven. That's all I'm saying. Also screw you Shane.

Archived