Bills to sign McCown?

HOZ THE JET

Report is that he left without a contract.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/02/16/josh-mccown-leaves-buffalo-without-a-contract/

Josh McCown has at least one & maybe two more visits w #NFL teams lined up after #Bills. Not expected to sign anywhere for a week or so.

Players want to play for Rex Ryan. Fact.

Report is that he left without a contract.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/02/16/josh-mccown-leaves-buffalo-without-a-contract/

Josh McCown has at least one & maybe two more visits w #NFL teams lined up after #Bills. Not expected to sign anywhere for a week or so.

He's headed to NY.  Him and Bowles go way back.

He didn't sign today and is going on other visits. I'm not sure how I feel about it. He's probably one of the best options out there, but in such a horrible offseason for QB options, it doesn't say much.

I think I'd rather have Locker, who despite injuries has a higher upside and is younger, to compete with Manuel. Though they could have a few guys come camp competing, which I think will be the case. 

Yes, BB's excellent drafts have yielded 4 Super Bowls titles in the last 14 years.

Name one other team with better drafts and better results.

he's made exactly 1 great Draft pick, and that was dumb luck.. without this pick, he'd be managing the video department at a Best Buy in South Peoria, Il

he's made exactly 1 great Draft pick, and that was dumb luck.. without this pick, he'd be managing the video department at a Best Buy in South Peoria, Il

He also drafted the best TE and kicker in the NFL.

Not too mention an undrafted FA CB who just happened to win the Super Bowl

Give it up Chan, you are embarrassing your fellow Jets fans.

the Patriots as an organization have done alright in their drafts, luck is a factor as with every team. I don't think they have the best kicker in the NFL and that undrafted FA CB has one great play on film so before the patriot fans start having wet dreams about the guy why don't we sit back and see if he can live up to his newly found celebrity status.

the Patriots as an organization have done alright in their drafts, luck is a factor as with every team. I don't think they have the best kicker in the NFL and that undrafted FA CB has one great play on film so before the patriot fans start having wet dreams about the guy why don't we sit back and see if he can live up to his newly found celebrity status.

There is only one purpose of the NFL draft, and that is to improve your team to win football games.

No team other than the Pats have done that better in the last 14 years.

I laugh at teams who claim we drafted this All-Pro and that All-Pro "we draft great", but they are always sitting at home or on the golf course come January and February.

There is only one purpose of the NFL draft, and that is to improve your team to win football games.

I laugh at teams who claim we drafted this All-Pro and that All-Pro "we draft great", but they are always sitting at home or on the golf course come January and February.

You should laugh. You've done a great job scouting and drafting for the Pats.

i mean the draft is funny because after round 3 it is usually a crapshoot and sometimes you get lucky, i think the patriots do a better job coaching up troubled free agents than they do in the draft.

You should laugh. You've done a great job scouting and drafting for the Pats.

I didn't do anything.

4 Super Bowl titles in 14 years speak volumes of how well the Pats draft.

BTW, there are still a lot of posters on this board who think the Jets draft better than the Pats.

How friggn' funny is that?

I didn't do anything.

4 Super Bowl titles in 14 years speak volumes of how well the Pats draft.

BTW, there are still a lot of posters on this board who think the Jets draft better than the Pats.

How friggn' funny is that?

What happened in the 2009 draft for the patriots?

He made 10 selections in that 2006 draft and he came away with a kicker (who he used a 4th round pick on). The very next pick after Gostkowski was Brandon Marshall. Another half dozen picks after that was Elvis Dumervil. And you got a kicker.

I'm sure neither would have helped the Patriots as much as the ~2 FG's per season difference between Gostkowski and another kicker, since half the league's kickers convert 5/6 of their FGs since before Gostkowski was even drafted. Besides, NE already had Reche Caldwell and Roosevelt Colvin so there was certainly no need to draft a 10,000 yard WR or a 100-sack pass rusher.

Know who else Belichick liked better than them that year? Laurence Maroney, Chad Jackson, David Thomas, and Garrett Mills. But hey, he got a kicker! Weeeeeeeee!

Maybe if NE kept Vinatieri instead, then he wouldn't have gone to Indy and instead the Colts kept Vanderjagt the bigmouth choker (or pick up someone worse), and NE doesn't lose the AFCCG to the Colts that year. The SB opponent was the freaking Rex Grossman/Thomas Jones Bears and NE wouldn't have even needed to cheat to win that one (but probably would have just in case).

Who brags about drafting a kicker 1 pick ahead of Brandon Marshall?

He made 10 selections in that 2006 draft and he came away with a kicker (who he used a 4th round pick on). The very next pick after Gostkowski was Brandon Marshall. Another half dozen picks after that was Elvis Dumervil. And you got a kicker.

I'm sure neither would have helped the Patriots as much as the ~2 FG's per season difference between Gostkowski and another kicker, since half the league's kickers convert 5/6 of their FGs since before Gostkowski was even drafted. Besides, NE already had Reche Caldwell and Roosevelt Colvin so there was certainly no need to draft a 10,000 yard WR or a 100-sack pass rusher.

Know who else Belichick liked better than them that year? Laurence Maroney, Chad Jackson, David Thomas, and Garrett Mills. But hey, he got a kicker! Weeeeeeeee!

Maybe if NE kept Vinatieri instead, then he wouldn't have gone to Indy and instead the Colts kept Vanderjagt the bigmouth choker (or pick up someone worse), and NE doesn't lose the AFCCG to the Colts that year. The SB opponent was the freaking Rex Grossman/Thomas Jones Bears and NE wouldn't have even needed to cheat to win that one (but probably would have just in case).

Who brags about drafting a kicker 1 pick ahead of Brandon Marshall?

OK, nice to see you back to posting facts.

Gostkowski has been the most reliable kicker in the NFL over the last 12 years. That's all you ever want out of your kicker. And the Pats didn't use a high 2nd round pick to draft him.

To this day, I hated the Maroney pick at #21. You never draft a RB in the middle of the 1st round, the same talent can be had in the 3rd or 4th rounds.

Finally, the Pats drafts over the last 14 years have resulted in 4 Super Bowls titles. 'Nuff said.

OK, nice to see you back to posting facts.

Gostkowski has been the most reliable kicker in the NFL over the last 12 years. That's all you ever want out of your kicker. And the Pats didn't use a high 2nd round pick to draft him.

To this day, I hated the Maroney pick at #21. You never draft a RB in the middle of the 1st round, the same talent can be had in the 3rd or 4th rounds.

Finally, the Pats drafts over the last 14 years have resulted in 4 Super Bowls titles. 'Nuff said.

I always post facts. Every opinion of mine by definition is a fact.

Gostkowski was a stupid pick. You are rationalizing a lucky outcome to justify stupidity. They took a kicker in round 4 because they painted themselves into a corner when they let Vinatieri go. So they reached for a kicker. I don't care how good he is he's a kicker.

The difference between Gostkowski and the 15th best kicker is a couple of FGs per year. The difference between Brady throwing to Brandon Marshall instead of Reche Caldwell is 500+ yards and a dozen or more TDs per year (if Caldwell was even still in the league).

A kicker over Brandon Marshall, with 35 year old Troy Brown and Reche Caldwell starting at WR for Brady, and you're actually bragging about it.

I always post facts. Every opinion of mine by definition is a fact.

Gostkowski was a stupid pick. You are rationalizing a lucky outcome to justify stupidity. They took a kicker in round 4 because they painted themselves into a corner when they let Vinatieri go. So they reached for a kicker. I don't care how good he is he's a kicker.

The difference between Gostkowski and the 15th best kicker is a couple of FGs per year. The difference between Brady throwing to Brandon Marshall instead of Reche Caldwell is 500+ yards and a dozen or more TDs per year (if Caldwell was even still in the league).

A kicker over Brandon Marshall, with 35 year old Troy Brown and Reche Caldwell starting at WR for Brady, and you're actually bragging about it.

You are a fan of a team that drafted a kicker high in the 2nd round. Sorry that I really don't value your opinion on drafting the most reliable kicker in the NFL for the last 12 years in the 4th round.

Drafting Brandon Marshall would not have gotten the Pats more Super Bowl titles than they have today. Hell, the couldn't win one with Randy friggn' Moss.

A lot of insider shows I watched today rate McCown as one of the best available FA QBs.  I don't quite see it that way.  IMO, McCown is good if you have a quality starter and you want a nice backup who can play for 2 to 3 weeks in the event your starter gets injured. I don't see him as a #1 QB next season.

You are a fan of a team that drafted a kicker high in the 2nd round. Sorry that I really don't value your opinion on drafting the most reliable kicker in the NFL for the last 12 years in the 4th round.

Drafting Brandon Marshall would not have gotten the Pats more Super Bowl titles than they have today. Hell, the couldn't win one with Randy friggn' Moss.

Difference is I thought drafting a kicker was dumb. You think it was one of B&B'S top 3 drafting accomplishments.

How and why the f*ck does every thread turn into a Pats thread?

Because most pats fans have exciting lives. When their not in some dive bar in southie getting rejected by some pasty 400lb Rosie O'Donnell look-alike they're making constructive use of their time like gloating about the patriots on other teams websites.

Archived