Sanchez Staying w/ Eagles guarantees Foles as Trade Chip

32EBoozer

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chip's activity in free agency seems to indicate that he doesn't really care about the draft. He is filling up the holes in his roster through free agency and he might go all out to land Mariota.

I'm not too sure Mariota drops to 6 but if that's the case, the Jets need to squeeze every little penny out of Chip. Hold off as long as possible and wait for him to break

Dude you sound so silly. "Foles played in less games b-but he had more throws per game."

Foles had almost as many picks as Geno last year playing in 6 less games in the most qb-friendly offense dumping it in the flats to McCoy every other passing attempt. The guy is so overrated there's a reason why Kelly is trying to move on from him.

McCoy had less than 2 receptions per game.

Dude you sound so silly. "Foles played in less games b-but he had more throws per game."

Foles had almost as many picks as Geno last year playing in 6 less games in the most qb-friendly offense dumping it in the flats to McCoy every other passing attempt. The guy is so overrated there's a reason why Kelly is trying to move on from him.

So 10 is "almost" 13?  It's still 30% more. Yes, Foles did get hurt early in the 8th game, but Geno was benched in the first quarter of the first Bills game and did not return until the 3rd quarter of the second one.  He totally missed the Chiefs and Steelers games.  FWIW, Geno was also benched at the half in the Chargers debacle.  Foles may not be the answer, but that does not mean he turns the ball over "almost" as much as Geno.  Especially since you like to ignore fumbles.

How dare you.

There would be riots in the streets of NY.

Well, he's cheaper than Foles as a stop-gap until we draft a QB or wait until next year's FA class.  He's also the best backup QB option of this years FA class and could sit behind next year's starter quite nicely.  Mark behaved very well after his demotion, didn't stir the pot, played pretty well in spots in a new system last year.

SAR I

Who else other than the Redskins and Titans need a QB as bad as us in the top 6?  Eagles won't deal with Redskins IMO but Titans would cost them a ton of picks. I think we're the natural pick to deal with.

Now St. Louis might move up with any of these teams from the 10 spot. Bradford is in last yr. of contract w/ $16 mil cap hit. Heck, I'd do the deal with the Rams (w/o Bradford) and drop 4 spots with a 2nd thrown in to boot. Or a 3rd and a 4th. Either way adds up to same value.

Bradford will get injured stepping out of the shower and his season will be over. Then what? No way, I pay a brittle QB that kind of money.

Nick Foles - QB - Eagles

A source tells NJ.com the Rams, Titans and Texans showed interest in trading for Nick Foles during the Senior Bowl in January.

The Eagles reportedly "made an effort to gauge the value of Foles with other teams in the league" in January. The notion that they're looking to trade him has only gained steam since then, especially after Mark Sanchez was given "bridge" quarterback kind of money Monday. If Chip Kelly can't get his man in Marcus Mariota, it's possible he settles for UCLA's Brett Hundley or Baylor's Bryce Petty in the draft. Foles' status remains completely up in the air.

Archived