2015 Mets thread!

adb280z

I'm not going to kill Collins since its endemic of managers, but I'm a little confused on the facts as you state them. I didn't see the game because I'm at work, but according to the box score Niese didn't pitch the 7th at all. Parnell loaded the bases.

Are you talking about the 6th? Because Niese did load the bases and then pitched out of it only giving up 1 run, which is a good sign because that means the pitcher is still battling. In Collins' defense, it could have been because of the long bottom of the 6th inning when the Mets scored 3 runs. A lot of managers don't like to send a starter out there again late in game after a long wait. Still, managers need to trust their starters more. It saves the bullpen.

I was working too. I didn't see it but I thought they were referring to the 7th inning. I had the details wrong, I thought it sounded like the tying run was up to bat in that situation.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In hindsight it was probably the wrong move, but it's hard to pile on Collins for that one. Who the **** saw that coming? The Padres' offense is terrible. The Mets win almost every game where they score at least 4 and they're one of the best home teams in the league. If there was any time for the Mets to experiment with anything it's when you have a 7-1 lead at home against one of the bottom offenses in the league.

I thought it was 5-1 in that situation with bases loaded so I had my details a little off.

Rosenthal says it'll be Jay Bruce today.

Olney was saying that it's straight up for Wheeler. Have to believe that it hasn't gone down yet because Sandy's trying to squeeze something else into that deal. In a just world he'd figure out a way to get Chapman, but the world is not just.

Not the biggest fan of this trade if it happens.

^Actually he's probably trying to get him to take on Lagares, like the Mets did with Milwaukee.

Does Bruce really get the Mets that much closer to the pennant? Probably not. Certainly not opposed to having him but I don't think he's worth Wheeler. This is one of those deals that a team that's built to win right now (ala the Royals) does, and should do. The Mets aren't that this year and I think this is going to be one of those deals that really bites the Mets in the ass when all is said and done. Wheeler is worth more than this.

Olney was saying that it's straight up for Wheeler. Have to believe that it hasn't gone down yet because Sandy's trying to squeeze something else into that deal. In a just world he'd figure out a way to get Chapman, but the world is not just.

Not the biggest fan of this trade if it happens.

Although it's not how teams win titles anymore, there's at least an entertainment value to trying to hit a million homers behind good pitching at least.

So Bruce means Granderson moves to center right? Moving him to left and demoting Conforto seems counter-productive.

I reallu hope they don't send Conforto down. He hasn't looked overmatched yet, and it's cool to see the young talent, but iirc Heyman said that part of getting outfield help was so they can put Conforto back into his normal development plan or some sh*t.

I reallu hope they don't send Conforto down. He hasn't looked overmatched yet, and it's cool to see the young talent, but iirc Heyman said that part of getting outfield help was so they can put Conforto back into his normal development plan or some sh*t.

Bruce> Lagares at this point. It is smart to allow Conforto to develop outside a supposed pennant push.

I just wonder how many ground balls up the middle will score runners from second now, with Granderson's pop gun arm.

Or $$$$

I think that's represented in Lagares. We know that they were trying to force Lagares on Milwaukee too. With the shifts they'd have to make in the outfield because of Bruce I think that Lagares would be a must. Especially since Wheeler for Bruce isn't fair value to begin with.

Mets Trade Rumors: Mets talking to Tigers about Céspedes

Latest Update

The Mets and Tigers are talking about OF Yoenis Céspedes, according to Ken Rosenthal (July 31, 1:08 p.m.).

The Tigers have been getting calls from teams all week about Céspedes, according to USA Today’s Bob Nightengale (July 30, 2:42 pm).

In addition to Cespedes, SBNation’s Chris Cotillo believes the Tigers are open to dealing Rajai Davis (July 30, 2:53 pm), who has played 37 games in center field this season.

Previous Reports and Reaction

The Tigers specifically reached out to the Mets late Wednesday night, sources told Andy Martino of the Daily News (July 30, 10:55 am), but the Mets are not interested, according to multiple reports, including the NY Post’s Mike Puma and WFAN’s Mike Francesa.

Davis, 34, will earn $2-3 million between now and the end of this season, after which he will be a free agent. He is hitting .254 with a .311 OBP, just two HR and 12 RBI in 70 games this season for Detroit.

“He is not a great hitter, but he’s not a terrible hitter either,” ESPN’s Mark Simon recently explained, in a write up suggesting Alderson look in to acquiring Davis (July 29, 2015), who is a career .269 hitter against right-handed pitching. “He’d immediately become the fastest player on the team,” and, “He brings positional flexibility,” since he can play all three outfield positions

Mets Trade Rumors: Mets talking to Tigers about Céspedes

Latest Update

The Mets and Tigers are talking about OF Yoenis Céspedes, according to Ken Rosenthal (July 31, 1:08 p.m.).

The Tigers have been getting calls from teams all week about Céspedes, according to USA Today’s Bob Nightengale (July 30, 2:42 pm).

In addition to Cespedes, SBNation’s Chris Cotillo believes the Tigers are open to dealing Rajai Davis (July 30, 2:53 pm), who has played 37 games in center field this season.

Previous Reports and Reaction

The Tigers specifically reached out to the Mets late Wednesday night, sources told Andy Martino of the Daily News (July 30, 10:55 am), but the Mets are not interested, according to multiple reports, including the NY Post’s Mike Puma and WFAN’s Mike Francesa.

Davis, 34, will earn $2-3 million between now and the end of this season, after which he will be a free agent. He is hitting .254 with a .311 OBP, just two HR and 12 RBI in 70 games this season for Detroit.

“He is not a great hitter, but he’s not a terrible hitter either,” ESPN’s Mark Simon recently explained, in a write up suggesting Alderson look in to acquiring Davis (July 29, 2015), who is a career .269 hitter against right-handed pitching. “He’d immediately become the fastest player on the team,” and, “He brings positional flexibility,” since he can play all three outfield positions

Cespedes is totally the move here. Wheeler straight up is worth the gamble with how good he is even without an extension locked up.

If the Mets do nothing, is it ok to flip a desk?

Yeah I really think they need to come away with Cespedes or Upton here.  If those teams are still looking to sell after so many deals have already been made, the timing would favor the Mets side, no?

Yeah I really think they need to come away with Cespedes or Upton here. If those teams are still looking to sell after so many deals have already been made, the timing would favor the Mets side, no?

The deadline favors buyers more than any other point in the season. Absolutely. This is why it's ******* idiotic to throw hissy fits when they're not making trades in June.

Yeah I really think they need to come away with Cespedes or Upton here. If those teams are still looking to sell after so many deals have already been made, the timing would favor the Mets side, no?

Literally the only think favoring the Mets right now is negligible expectations.

Bruce> Lagares at this point. It is smart to allow Conforto to develop outside a supposed pennant push.

I just wonder how many ground balls up the middle will score runners from second now, with Granderson's pop gun arm.

Second is called scoring position for a reason.

Jay Bruce not in Reds lineup

MLB 3m

Bruce's omission is intriguing because he's been the center of trade rumors. Jason Bourgeois fills in for the Reds, who play the Pirates at 7:05 p.m. ET.

Archived