2015 Mets thread!

adb280z

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like Collins is giving a big FU to Alderson for leaving him out of the loop. Keeps claiming ignorance of any deal, and if there was a deal, "somebody would have called me." Ouch.

So you put a kid through that?  **** him. 

No the Mets never announced a deal. But it was all over social media.

Then I guess the question is whether the Mets should manage to reality, or manage to social media reports.

Still, odd that the Mets even left a player in who is being discussed as a chip.

Social media changes everything these days.

Then I guess the question is whether the Mets should manage to reality, or manage to social media reports.

Still, odd that the Mets even left a player in who is being discussed as a chip.

Yes, it was a very strange night.

Gomez is a bit of a punk, but I enjoyed that tiff he got into with like the entire Braves team after hitting a home run a couple years ago.  They needed to be brought down a peg.

Wheeler and Flores for Gomez would have been a solid deal for the Mets imo absent hip concerns.

SNY had it all over the screen, MLB.com published it, and Gary Cohen started talking about it as fact in the sixth inning. If that's "social media," I guess the Mets can blame social media.

SNY had it all over the screen, MLB.com published it, and Gary Cohen started talking about it as fact in the sixth inning. If that's "social media," I guess the Mets can blame social media.

Again I ask, had there been confirmation from the Mets/Brewers, or was it reported as a de facto trade, because sources reported it?

LOL at .com not being social media

Agent Scott Boras adamantly denied that anything is wrong with Gomez from a health standpoint. Via Rosenthal (Twitter links): “Carlos Gomez has never seen a hip doctor and has never had a hip issue in his playing career. Anyone who suggests that is inaccurate and baldly misrepresenting the truth of the player’s condition.”

So if Wheeler and Flores are worth Gomez, what's it going to take for Cespedes? Wheeler (or Matz) and Nimmo?

Difference being is that Gomez is under contract for 2016 (value to the Mets), while Cespedes is only a rental (unless they were to re-sign him.

There is less value in Cespedes as a rental only.

Agent Scott Boras adamantly denied that anything is wrong with Gomez from a health standpoint. Via Rosenthal (Twitter links): “Carlos Gomez has never seen a hip doctor and has never had a hip issue in his playing career. Anyone who suggests that is inaccurate and baldly misrepresenting the truth of the player’s condition.”

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/brewers/hip-getting-better-carlos-gomez-says-b99522895z1-308595811.html

Denver — Centerfielder Carlos Gomez finally experienced some progress with his ailing hip during agility drills Friday, raising hope that he would be able to avoid a stint on the disabled list.

"Today, I feel really good," Gomez said before the Brewers' series opener against Colorado at Coors Field. "Before, it was the same, but today I ran and it was a big step. Today was the first day it felt better.

"I've been afraid to run like I can because I've been apprehensive. I don't want to aggravate it. So, the trainers have been trying to take care of it. They want to see me play, enjoy the game, run and make things happen."

Gomez was out of the starting lineup for the sixth time in nine games as manager Craig Counsell tries to get him back as close to 100% as possible. Counsell said Gomez might sit this entire series because the Brewers also have an off-day Monday, but it remains a day-to-day proposition.

"He went and ran today a little harder and felt pretty good doing it, so it's a positive step," said Counsell. "We probably still need one more positive step. But it's a good sign.

"I think we can probably get through the weekend, then we'll have to make a decision. This is about getting him better for the long term. Monday is another day (of possible rest). We hope tomorrow is a good day. We'll get together and see what the plan is going forward and what his availability is."

It has been tough going for Gomez, who went on the DL earlier in the season with a strained hamstring. He has played in only 44 of 69 games and his numbers have been down (.753 OPS).

"What I have been through this year has been hard," he said. "It started with the hammy, then the hip. And the way we've been playing, it's tough. Sometimes you feel frustrated, sometimes you feel angry.

"All I can do is follow the trainers and try to get better. The way I play, this is not fun. I get on base and have to stay there because I don't want to hurt myself. That's why we have to take it day to day. Let's see how I feel tomorrow."

Archived