2015 Mets thread!

adb280z

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Conforto sent down. Boo.

Had to be done. I suppose you could move Granderson to center and platoon Conforto in right, but young guys need to play and Conforto isn't going to be an everyday player once Cudduyer is healthy.

Collins has a tough gig ahead of him. Right now it's just figuring out the outfield, but once Wright comes back Collins is going to have to find a way to maintain some consistency in the infield while still getting Uribe in there. Especially with Duda and Tejada playing well, which I think has earned them their gigs for the time being.

Had to be done. I suppose you could move Granderson to center and platoon Conforto in right, but young guys need to play and Conforto isn't going to be an everyday player once Cudduyer is healthy.

Collins has a tough gig ahead of him. Right now it's just figuring out the outfield, but once Wright comes back Collins is going to have to find a way to maintain some consistency in the infield while still getting Uribe in there. Especially with Duda and Tejada playing well, which I think has earned them their gigs for the time being.

Yeah, but it was nice to see the young buck in the lineup. Saw where Uribe took Cespedes under his wing already, which is pretty awesome.

2 weeks from now the middle of the lineup is going to be Wright-Duda-Cespedes. 2 weeks ago 3-4-5 was Murphy-Flores-Mayberry.

You think Wright is coming back that soon? It'd be cool, but seems quick.

It makes me so happy to see Johnson at 2nd and Uribe at 3rd right now. Knowing that every ground ball isn't a 50/50 proposition makes the games so much more fun to watch. It seems like their presence has settled Duda, Tejada, and Murphy down some. Kinda reminds me of when Todd Ziele and Cliff Floyd were on the roster.

You think Wright is coming back that soon? It'd be cool, but seems quick.

It makes me so happy to see Johnson at 2nd and Uribe at 3rd right now. Knowing that every ground ball isn't a 50/50 proposition makes the games so much more fun to watch. It seems like their presence has settled Duda, Tejada, and Murphy down some. Kinda reminds me of when Todd Ziele and Cliff Floyd were on the roster.

He's staying down in FL after the Marlins series for some work in PCL. A week and a half after that is probably optimistic, but unless the Mets are putting up a front both him and the FO have said he's feeling damn good.

Good

It's actually a bummer. The guy you want to send down is Campbell. KN had a damn good July. He hit something like .400 over the last two weeks of the month and .317 in total since the call-up. He was a big part of the offense coming around. Also limits our options for CF.

Johnson in left field tonight. Interesting. Why not play Murphy in left? Neither are very good out there, but sliding Murphy out to LF let's you keep Flores at 2nd and then you can bring Johnson off the bench if needs be.

Cespedes at center is a good move though, Collins needs to know if he can hold that down ASAP because it changes everything if he can. Lagares is too much of a liability offensively and Granderson is so much better in right.

^ then again I guess Johnson hit well yesterday. I dunno, it just seems like the crowd has been a big part of this series and Flores is one of the reasons why.

Hopefully Johnson has good numbers against Zimmerman. 

I hear you on Flores. It gets lost that he just missed hitting a 3 run bomb last night.

A win tonight would be huge for this team from a mental perspective.

Archived