2015 Mets thread!

adb280z

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cuddyer coming back this weekend, his only role right now is to replace Campbell on the bench if you ask me..until some guys cool off at least, Terry can't force him in the lineup.

Pinch hitter or when Duda needs a day off. That's it. He's clearly the 4th or 5th option down the bench at this point.

Cuddyer coming back this weekend, his only role right now is to replace Campbell on the bench if you ask me..until some guys cool off at least, Terry can't force him in the lineup.

I dunno. I am anxious to see him with a supporting cast hitting around him. The best thing for the Mets (line-up wise) is that he and Wright come back hitting well and playing almost everyday.

So Collins leaves a guy out there for the 9th that got off a plane 2 hours before the game started, one who can't pitch to righties, instead of just closing this series out. This is what I meant yesterday. Just some real head scratchers. Like why, why do that. You had a shutout to close out a sweep carrying you into the locker room. Bring out Clippard or Familia and just close the game. But no.

So Collins leaves a guy out there for the 9th that got off a plane 2 hours before the game started, one who can't pitch to righties, instead of just closing this series out. This is what I meant yesterday. Just some real head scratchers. Like why, why do that. You had a shutout to close out a sweep carrying you into the locker room. Bring out Clippard or Familia and just close the game. But no.

You don't bring your closer in to finish an 8-1 game. You just don't. You have an expectation of someone being able to do that job. I think it is a reasonable expectation.

What was the rush to get the new lefty in? He landed like at 5pm I think I heard Howie mention.

Still will take the win,

I agree with a previous poster above, Robles has an electric arm. Hopefully he can harness that and develop a secondary pitch, could be deadly.

Never in my life do I remember a season turning around so dramatically in 7 days…imagine 7 days ago was the Upton-Familia debacle ?…I'm stunned

I'm still in shock.  Truly expected the after the break spiral to take place but this is a completely different team.

You don't bring your closer in to finish an 8-1 game. You just don't. You have an expectation of someone being able to do that job. I think it is a reasonable expectation.

Clippard is not the closer. And you don't leave a ******* dude that got off a plane two hours ago that can't pitch against righties in either.

That game was one pitch away from the biggest disaster ever. Sorry but it's indefensible.

The 2015 Mets currently have 3 starters all under the age of 28 with ERA's under 3.00.  If that holds true for the full season they will be the first team to have that since.....the 1986 Mets.

What's even crazier is that Harvey is currently the 3rd best out of the bunch. Which is saying a lot because he's having a spectacular season. deGrom and Thor have just been that good.

And even crazier than that? The Mets still have Matz coming back at the end of the month.

I understand what he was doing trying to just get him to a supposed blowout game- you have to expect other guys to get three outs

Robles has a good fastball but is not consistent with his pitches

What's even crazier is that Harvey is currently the 3rd best out of the bunch. Which is saying a lot because he's having a spectacular season. deGrom and Thor have just been that good.

And even crazier than that? The Mets still have Matz coming back at the end of the month.

As of now Wheeler in maybe June of next year- he is still a work in process in control though based on last year

I understand what he was doing trying to just get him to a supposed blowout game- you have to expect other guys to get three outs

Robles has a good fastball but is not consistent with his pitches

Bringing in Robles was fine. But O'Flaherty giving up 4 runs is no fluke. He had gotten off a plane at literally 5 pm. Collins didn't even have Robles warming up until things started going sour. I really don't care that it was lefties up there, a guy who was brought in to be a spot pitcher should not be left in for two innings and expected to close out a game after he has just been flown in right before the game started and has a 5.91 ERA on the season. The minute Bour hit people in we should have had someone ready to come in, probably Clippard, but we didn't because of course we didn't and it cost the Mets another two runs.

As of now Wheeler in maybe June of next year- he is still a work in process in control though based on last year

I wonder how they'll work him back in. They'll have Niese and Matz going by the middle of next summer. I guess give Wheeler some extended time in Vegas and then work him slowly into the bullpen, then pray Wheeler's ready to start before the end of July so they can try and move Niese.

I got lost in all the end of July machinations, so I never had this confirmed-Was Conforto in fact the 1,000th player to wear a Met uniform?

Seems like it:  http://m.mlb.com/cutfour/2015/07/24/138427034/mets-call-up-1000th-player-in-top-prospect-michael-conforto

Now, don't get too confortable Mets fans (get it?), but the NY club has just called up their third-ranked prospect: Outfielder Michael Conforto from Double-A Binghamton. And as a bonus, when he finally takes the field for the team, he'll be the 1,000th player in team history.

Archived