2015 Mets thread!

adb280z

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure if this was already discussed, but apparently a Cespedes extension would have to come shortly after the World Series? 

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/mets/post/_/id/108104/mets-must-release-cespedes-after-world-series

MIAMI -- Outfielder Yoenis Cespedes truly is a rental by the New York Mets.

Cespedes, obtained Friday from the Detroit Tigers, has a clause in his contract that stipulates that he must be released after the World Series if an extension with the Mets is not worked out by then. (Officially, he must be released before the free-agency period begins.)

So unless the Mets pony up before Cespedes can test the market -- which seems doubtful -- Cespedes will play elsewhere next season.

9 years.  9 years since I've been this excited about this team.  And I think I might be even more excited about this year's team because of all the homegrown pitching. 

This is a better team than '06. 2006 was better offensively (as of now, Cespedes might change that) but the pitching staff on this squad is light years from the '06 rotation. No one on that squad had an ERA under 3, this team should have 3 when all is said and done.

You wanted us to trade Matt Harvey for a 31-year old 3B and prospects.

**** faba.

Here's how this works, rook. You put, sayyyy, Harvey or Syndegaard on the block and you wait for, sayyyyyyy, the Reds to come a-knocking. Then you tell them it'll cost Todd Frazier and a pick of two of their top ten minor league prospects. If they balk, you tell them to eat a dick. That's how business is done, junior.

#neverforget

The Marlins are a depleted team- right time to beat down on them on the road.

That was a big win rotation-wise last night. We get Thor and deGromm going up against Tampa, so there's no excuse for the Mets not taking 4 of 6 this week.

I think Harvey is going to have a huge start. He has to be pissed that he hasn't notched a W in a while and this is the perfect team and park to throw a gem against.

You in Otown?  It's about  3 1/2 from Jax.  My buddy up here is going and staying for the entire series.  You'd have deGrom Fri and Thor Sat...both night games which would be the only bearable way in this heat.  Then Colon in the mid day heat on Sunday...(I'd probably skip that one...too hot!)

You should definitely do it.  I was looking at tickets...you can get sick ones for dirt cheap because nobody goes to those games.  Wouldnt be surprised if it was half Mets fans in the stands.

Yep Otown. I would like to see deGrom. Tickets that are really low on 3rd base side for around $55.

Archived