2015 Mets thread!

adb280z

I try to give him benefit of the doubt but I just don't understand it. Conforto shouldn't be sitting. This lineup is red hot

I guess he's trying to get Lagares going? But that still doesn't explain Cespedes batting second.

Jesus, Granderson again. He's been on a tear the past 20 games.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess he's trying to get Lagares going? But that still doesn't explain Cespedes batting second.

Jesus, Granderson again. He's been on a tear the past 20 games.

The Conforto/Lagares thing is going to be tricky, given that Cespedes is almost certainly a goner after this season. Lagares probably shouldn't be playing if not for that little detail.

The Conforto/Lagares thing is going to be tricky, given that Cespedes is almost certainly a goner after this season. Lagares probably shouldn't be playing if not for that little detail.

It is all about match-ups now. Also, I do not mind one little bit, that the players are going to push each other. Think Duda just started hitting, well, because?

It is all about match-ups now. Also, I do not mind one little bit, that the players are going to push each other. Think Duda just started hitting, well, because?

That's fine, except the problem is I don't see the point in keeping Conforto up if he's not going to play. He's 22. He needs games. If he's only going to start 2-3 times per week then they need to send him back down. For now it's fine because of KN but once he's healthy they're crazy if they don't send him down.

That's fine, except the problem is I don't see the point in keeping Conforto up if he's not going to play. He's 22. He needs games. If he's only going to start 2-3 times per week then they need to send him back down. For now it's fine because of KN but once he's healthy they're crazy if they don't send him down.

Cuddyer is back by end of week and he is going down again. Just the fact of the matter

I try to give him benefit of the doubt but I just don't understand it. Conforto shouldn't be sitting. This lineup is red hot

The '86 Mets offense was pretty potent. The only real regulars that played all the time were Carter, Hernandez and Strawberry.

There others were either strict platoons-2b, CF, 3B, or were based on match ups-With Mitchell, subbing in.

The '86 Mets offense was pretty potent. The only real regulars that played all the time were Carter, Hernandez and Strawberry.

There others were either strict platoons-2b, CF, 3B, or were based on match ups-With Mitchell, subbing in.

Very true and I completely agree, but runs are going to be at such a premium on days when Colon and Niese start. Tinkering days should be reserved for when the big 3 go. Tonight, for example; why bat Cespedes 2nd? What good comes of that? And if you really are trying to get Lagares going, why not bat him earlier?

Keep in mind I'm a Collins fan through and through. But he's just had a bunch of head scratchers since they came out of the break. We should probably be up more than a game on the Nats but he completely bumbled that first series a couple weeks ago.

The Mets have the 3rd best slugging percentage in baseball over the last ten games. Curtis Granderson is leading the way. What planet it this? I refuse to believe this is happening.

Last night was a sign of a team on a roll with Tejada and Lagares coming up with big hits. Great slide by Flores as well.

Tejada has actually become an intricate part of the team. Who knew? 

This is completely different team. I liked that Cespedes said in an interview that he likes it here and could see himself staying. Hopefully we can pay this guy.

He has a clause in his contract - the Mets would have to sign him before 5 days after the World Series he becomes free agent or they could not sign him to May 15th

I know. Lets see what happens.

That  basicly means they would have to be working on a deal here in the last two months of the  season - what chance do you give Wilpon and co. would do that

Where do you guys think Wright will bat in the lineup when he comes back?

I am pretty opposed to automatically giving him the 3 hole.

I disagree. I think the right move is to put him in front of Duda and Cespedes. Logic being that it forces to pitchers throw to him and Wright needs to see some pitches with the time he has missed. I suppose you can bat him 9th so after the first round he's hitting in front of Granderson, but I don't think Granderson is going to keep hitting .350 the rest of the way, though I certainly hope he does.

I disagree. I think the right move is to put him in front of Duda and Cespedes. Logic being that it forces to pitchers throw to him and Wright needs to see some pitches with the time he has missed. I suppose you can bat him 9th so after the first round he's hitting in front of Granderson, but I don't think Granderson is going to keep hitting .350 the rest of the way, though I certainly hope he does.

How about this then...

Grandy

Wright

Cespedes

Duda

I just dont want Wright getting all the RBI chances, when he 's going to slug under 400

How about this then...

Grandy

Wright

Cespedes

Duda

I just dont want Wright getting all the RBI chances, when he 's going to slug under 400

I think I'd keep things similar to Tuesday's lineup, keeping Cespedes in center because it clears up a few problems down the line that they're going to have with getting Uribe, Johnson, and Murphy time once Wright comes back. Cespedes at CF gives you 3 positions to rotate at depending on the matchup and/or who is hitting well, and Johnson, Uribe, and Murph are all capable of playing two of the 3 rotatable positions (LF, 2B, and SS):

Grandy

(one of 3-4 guys)

Wright

Duda

Cespedes

(One of 3-4 guys)

d'Arnoud

Tejada, Flores...etc.

That's a lineup that gives you flexibility in the middle of the infield in getting Flores and Tejada some rest and it allows you to get Uribe, Johnson, Murphy, and even Cudduyer some playing time. I think with Wright, you need to put him in a position where he's going to get his bat back as quickly as possible. The Mets have a red-hot top-of-the-order right now, so I think you can either ride that out or use it to your advantage. Normally I'd be in favor of the former, but Wright is still the heart and soul of this franchise and its captain, so you have to try to get him going. Can you imagine what a hot David Wright would do for this ballclub right now? That's a small risk that is well-worth the reward.

Archived