2015 Mets thread!

adb280z

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking at the upcoming schedules, after this Colorado series, the Nats face the Dodgers and Giants over 7 games on the road, and 3 of those are against Greinke, Kershaw, and Bumgartner.

They have faced a large pct of Aces the past 2-3 weeks. Now's the time for the Mets to build some separation in the standings.

They have faced a large pct of Aces the past 2-3 weeks. Now's the time for the Mets to build some separation in the standings.

We have the easiest schedule in the NL going the rest of the way, the best rotation in the league, and one of the deepest offenses now. And a 2 game lead on the division in August. Absolutely no excuses for not making the playoffs.

We have the easiest schedule in the NL going the rest of the way, the best rotation in the league, and one of the deepest offenses now. And a 2 game lead on the division in August. Absolutely no excuses for not making the playoffs.

Bats are looking for a 1st inning knock out tonight. Bullets all over the park.

100 games to go.

They've played 62, and sit atop the NL East with a 32-29 record. 

Things were looking rosy when they were 13-3, but the injury bug bit, and the hitting slowed down.

My lowest expectation is they will be in the pennant race at least until the All-Star break- a little higher hope would be at least until Jets TC opens.

Higher expectation: in the race until the Jets opener against Cleveland.

Highest expectation: the sky's the limit!

Okay, so now we're into the Dog Days, and I know I wasn't totally out of my mind when I wrote the above post a couple of months ago.

Well  a little disappointing two losses to end the road trip- since we took quick leads and then did not score again. so we have to come home and tale care of Colorado.

I can't get too mad about Saturday. Thor was due for a bad start and the offense put up 4. But yesterday, man, it looks like Granderson's foot cost us the game. If Johnson doesn't miss that fly ball they at least get that game into extra innings.

Johnson really is a sh*t outfielder. Collins has to stop throwing him out there.

I can't get too mad about Saturday. Thor was due for a bad start and the offense put up 4. But yesterday, man, it looks like Granderson's foot cost us the game. If Johnson doesn't miss that fly ball they at least get that game into extra innings.

Johnson really is a sh*t outfielder. Collins has to stop throwing him out there.

Collins in his effort to boost offense leaves the defense shaky. With a better lineup he should not force the issue

Collins in his effort to boost offense leaves the defense shaky. With a better lineup he should not force the issue

Tough call with that yesterday. Kirk and Cudduyer hurt and Granderson was wincing from pain the whole game. Had to throw someone out there so it was either Johnson or see if Cespedes can play RF too. In hindsight it should have been the latter, but that's a tough call in the moment. As soon as Tampa scored off that missed fly ball I knew that would come back to bite us.

Saw in Sunday's paper Yoenis Cespedes claims to leg press 1600 pounds(not stated if that's his last set, a max). That would be roughly 35-36 45 Lb. plates not including whatever the apparatus they are attached to weighs. Most leg press machines can hold that much. But rarely seen anyone but a few total beasts do more than 850 lbs.  

On a good day, I can do 650 lbs in a set of 10 after 3 sets of 12 at lower weight. . My brother, who is a serious long term bodybuilder, does 850.My son, a varsity footballer does about the same. 

Sure Cespedes is a beast, but is this story BS? 

Saw in Sunday's paper Yoenis Cespedes claims to leg press 1600 pounds(not stated if that's his last set, a max). That would be roughly 35-36 45 Lb. plates not including whatever the apparatus they are attached to weighs. Most leg press machines can hold that much. But rarely seen anyone but a few total beasts do more than 850 lbs.  

On a good day, I can do 650 lbs in a set of 10 after 3 sets of 12 at lower weight. . My brother, who is a serious long term bodybuilder, does 850.My son, a varsity footballer does about the same. 

Sure Cespedes is a beast, but is this story BS? 

Not at all. That's 18 plates a side, which is a lot but not unbelievable by any means. Cespedes has some big legs and he's also a ******* freak athlete. If that's his max, well done. If he can actually rep that, that's pretty impressive for a ballplayer.

Now cue the mother****in music!

Archived