Think we add a new qb through a trade?

SR24

Yes.  Drew Breese.  If not the entire off season is for not.  

LOL   Drew Brees at 54 years old in the rain and cold of the north east is more than likely not going to be the 26 year old Drew Brees in the climate controlled dome.

Just sayin.

LOL   Drew Brees at 54 years old in the rain and cold of the north east is more than likely not going to be the 26 year old Drew Brees in the climate controlled dome.

Just sayin.

So we are not a better team with Drew Brees?  That is what your saying?  I know overall six is a high pick to give up for an old QB but this IS the franchise that drafted Vernon Gholston at six.  Brees would have to be better than that.  Dude 30 the new 20.

^So you're saying Fitz is a solution to our lack of a good quarterback problem?

No he is saying we may not be able to fix every problem in one off-season especially when the available options don't much sense.   Unless something changes we will probably draft a developmental prospect and continue to add the best available talent to the roster.  

No he is saying we may not be able to fix every problem in one off-season especially when the available options don't much sense.   Unless something changes we will probably draft a developmental prospect and continue to add the best available talent to the roster.  

Drew Brees makes us a Super Bowl contender this year.  Book it.  

So we are not a better team with Drew Brees?  That is what your saying?  I know overall six is a high pick to give up for an old QB but this IS the franchise that drafted Vernon Gholston at six.  Brees would have to be better than that.  Dude 30 the new 20.

We have no idea how a 35 year old Brees will handle the cold and winds in Metlife after playing in a Dome or warm weather most of his career.   Regarding Gholston, at some point you gotta let that go.  MacCags and Bowles have absolutely nothing to do with that.  

I'm spitballing here, but I'd bet you can combine Brees 3 worst season totals for turnovers and still have less turnovers from teh QB position than we've averaged since 2008. We've been steadily at about 25-30 when you combine QB fumbles and INTs going all the way back to Favre, I believe.

So, you'll understand when I say an aging Brees gives us the best QB we've had since Joe Namath, and anyone who can't see that deserves relentless kicks to the balls while being triple kissed by JIF and Pac.

Im not saying we need to fix every problem but our gm has done a pretty good job of fixing the big ones. we still dont have a qb we can rely on to A-be on the field for 16 games and B-Limit the interceptions but we do have a high pick which gives us leverage is all im saying just curious to see if anyone thinks we do anything with it thats all. I'd be content with adding Beasly and giving Geno/Fitz a legit shot

I hear ya and don't think we're worse with Brees but I'm not into trading the number one pick for the 18 mil he costs at his age and I don't like Brees outside of a dome.

People his age get arthritis Crusher. And it's cold up there.

I hear ya and don't think we're worse with Brees but I'm not into trading the number one pick for the 18 mil he costs at his age and I don't like Brees outside of a dome.

People his age get arthritis Crusher. And it's cold up there.

we don;t have the number one pick.  We have the number 6 pick.  I like to call that the "Gholston Factor".  He is like 35 dude.  Ok fine thats like 54 in football years.  People my age get arthritis.  I feel like I owe to him to believe.  Cold?  Dude please.  My sons both play football and they got stuff like "Heatgear"  and "Combat gear".  When I played football in the cold I wore my fat Aunts panty hose.  ok.. fine I wore them for fun too.. but... wait what the..... Hey you tricked me!!

we don;t have the number one pick.  We have the number 6 pick.  I like to call that the "Gholston Factor".  He is like 35 dude.  Ok fine thats like 54 in football years.  People my age get arthritis.  I feel like I owe to him to believe.  Cold?  Dude please.  My sons both play football and they got stuff like "Heatgear"  and "Combat gear".  When I played football in the cold I wore my fat Aunts panty hose.  ok.. fine I wore them for fun too.. but... wait what the..... Hey you tricked me!!

LMAO!! 

That was the best damn post I've ever read man. Seriously. 

I meant OUR number one pick. Jeesh

Saints would have to eat a big chunk of that contract if he was even to come and giving up the #6 overall pick for someone his age is definitely questionable. But! our team is built to win right now so in a way it makes sense but in numerous ways it doesnt. I wish we could get him and keep the 6th pick but his asking price is gonna be crazy

Saints would have to eat a big chunk of that contract if he was even to come and giving up the #6 overall pick for someone his age is definitely questionable. But! our team is built to win right now so in a way it makes sense but in numerous ways it doesnt. I wish we could get him and keep the 6th pick but his asking price is gonna be crazy

I myself enjoy eating big chunks of things. So I see nothing in the way.  I expect in done by the weekend.  

We have no idea how a 35 year old Brees will handle the cold and winds in Metlife after playing in a Dome or warm weather most of his career. Regarding Gholston, at some point you gotta let that go. MacCags and Bowles have absolutely nothing to do with that.

He'll handle it the same way Peyton Manning did 2 Super Bowls ago Choke

Archived