Competition in the secondary

Jetster

WOW!

Milliner & McDougle are thinking "I better step up my rehab"!

Other than Seattle you'd be hard pressed to find any secondary in the NFL that has this kind of depth & quality.

The thing that no one talks about is how the Revis effect takes so much pressure off of the other guys so they just fly around & play fast & with confidence.

The Jets now have 2 guys at safety that have also played CB in Gilchrist & Allen. In Bowles big nickel D unless you have 3 great receivers which very few teams have these safeties can hang with 3rd receivers & tight ends.

I think it will take a while for Bowles to really fine tune what he wants to do with all of these guys but he certainly has the tools to work with.

The cream will rise to the top after Revis & Cromarty, guys will be fighting for playtime. Certainly will keep guys focused on showing their best to Bowles & the defensive staff.

Bowles likes to pressure for 4 quarters, this defense is going to be exhausting for opposing offenses.

I'm seeing a defense that doesn't play nearly as many snaps as last year by getting off the field on 3rd down. That in itself keeps them fresh into the 4th quarter.

It's gonna be fun to watch.

We really need above average olb's to complete this D.

If Mariotas gone at 6 it's going to be Fowler, Ray or Beasley.

But even without him, Bowles uses an extra safety as that LB near the LOS.

I can tell you this, the days of Coples back pedaling to cover are OVER! Bowles will use a safety like Pryor to play closer to the LOS.

Like I said it won't come all together immediately but as the season goes on I think it will be awesome to watch.

We need to win some early season games to get out of the gate fast because this defense will only get better with every game & we could see these Jets contend throughout the season.

If Mariotas gone at 6 it's going to be Fowler, Ray or Beasley.

But even without him, Bowles uses an extra safety as that LB near the LOS.

I can tell you this, the days of Coples back pedaling to cover are OVER! Bowles will use a safety like Pryor to play closer to the LOS.

Like I said it won't come all together immediately but as the season goes on I think it will be awesome to watch.

We need to win some early season games to get out of the gate fast because this defense will only get better with every game & we could see these Jets contend throughout the season.

So what do we do with Coples. He isn't by any means a lost product and he is a 1st round freak of nature... Can we get something off him or find a creative spot for him to produce because it would be a shame to waste that talent sitting him on the bench.

A great deal of 2 LB and 4 DL sets will be used

He'll rotate guys on the Dline to keep them fresh throughout the game & start abusing tired Olineman in the 2nd half.

Coples will have one job & that's to kill the QB!

It's very smart. It's amazing how we were neglecting the only part of a defence which actually really matters these days.

Huge seasons Pryor and Milliner. If they develop into anything like the players we were hoping for then this is comfortably the strongest secondary in the league.

Shame our linebackers are poverty. It wouldn't matter if we had a pass rusher though.

So what do we do with Coples. He isn't by any means a lost product and he is a 1st round freak of nature... Can we get something off him or find a creative spot for him to produce because it would be a shame to waste that talent sitting him on the bench.

Possibly use him , because of his similar size, the way Bowles used Calais Campbell in Arizona. 

We really need above average olb's to complete this D.

I just feel like everyone is forgetting about Coples...I would think we're going to see a lot more 4-3 type...with Prior and/or Allen coming into the box - playing more of LB type role.  

When Coples has his hand in the dirt he is a very effective pass rusher.   I'm not saying don't draft one - but we do already have one on the team.

The draft presents a great opportunity for us to grab an edge rusher and/or athletic ILB.  I'm not worried.

I agree. We have 4 high picks in this upcoming draft, possibly more if Mariota drops & we get an offer we can't refuse.

My dream draft is Fowler or Beasley at 6.

DGB drops to our 37 spot because teams are afraid of his past.

Duke Johnson in the 3rd (I know people think he'll go higher but Tre Mason was a back I wanted & he went in the top of the 3rd).

Best ILB in the 4 spot.

Another guy that intrigues me is Dorsett!

* I just have visions of being on the redzone & we have Decker & Marshall (2 guys in the top 10 redzone TDs the past 5 years), Amaro and DGB! That would be insane to try to cover all those guys & everyone of them are big enough & strong enough to fight for jump balls & make plays for whoever the QB is.

I just feel like everyone is forgetting about Coples...I would think we're going to see a lot more 4-3 type...with Priory and/or Allen coming into the box - playing more of LB type role.  

When Coples has his hand in the dirt he is a very effective pass rusher.   I'm not saying don't draft one - but we do already have one on the team.

From what I'm reading on Bowles, I think it's more likely 4-2-5.

Coples, Richardson, Harrison, Wilkerson up front (can we just rename him Copleson?) with Ellis, Barnes and Douzable rotating in.

Harris and Davis in the middle with Bellore backing up

Revis, Cro, Skrine, Gilchrist and Pryor in the secondary with Allen, Milliner and maybe Walls rotating in.

I guess Pace and/or any other OLB (Reilly, Babin) fits in for some sets but not the base. 

Seems like the outside blitz will be coming from the secondary in Bowles' scheme. 

Coples, Richardson, Harrison, Wilkerson up front (can we just rename him Copleson?) with Ellis, Barnes and Douzable rotating in.

Revis, Cro, Skrine, Gilchrist and Pryor in the secondary with Allen, Milliner and maybe Walls rotating in.

I guess Pace and/or any other OLB (Reilly, Babin) fits in for some sets but not the base. 

Seems like the outside blitz will be coming from the secondary in Bowles' scheme. 

A defense like that is scary....Really exciting.  Means we'll be every game.  Let's just hope Gaily can work some magic!

Can't count on anything from Milliner and McDougle. Revis didn't look like Revis coming off an ACL in Tampa, what's McDougle gonna look like coming off that injury, effectively not playing for the last two years. And Milliner's Achilles injury is more serious.

Glad these guy recognized and rectified TE black hole the Jets were working with in the secondary last year.

Copleson....Love it.

Archived