What position player in this draft would best assist the Jets in 2015

Tinstar

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would the pass rusher option exist if Shane Ray could play OLB?

I don't know if he can or not, because he wasn't asked to di it much at Mizzou.  I know he can get to a QB, and for next yr, that's good enough  for me. 

Is Justin Houston a LBer  in the manner many around here think a LBer should be  ?.

I don't know if he can or not, because he wasn't asked to di it much at Mizzou.  I know he can get to a QB, and for next yr, that's good enough  for me. 

Is Justin Houston a LBer  in the manner many around here think a LBer should be  ?.

Yes, Justin Houston is a LBer. He also blew Ray out of the water as a prospect.

I know we need an OLB/O-line but the best player probably at 6 to me will be Amari Cooper.  Marshall is 31, Decker is 28.  He'd be the guy in 2/3 years when we move on from those 2.  Also we would have dynamic offensive skill players for once

I know we need an OLB/O-line but the best player probably at 6 to me will be Amari Cooper.  Marshall is 31, Decker is 28.  He'd be the guy in 2/3 years when we move on from those 2.  Also we would have dynamic offensive skill players for once

Cooper/Dupree/The Rivers or bust

Yes, Justin Houston is a LBer. He also blew Ray out of the water as a prospect.

I remember wanting to draft Justin Houston and hearing the same things I am hearing about Shane Ray today about Houston back then.   Whoever the Jets draft, I believe that player will be a solid choice because of the scouting department leading the search this time around. 

I remember wanting to draft Justin Houston and hearing the same things I am hearing about Shane Ray today about Houston back then. Whoever the Jets draft, I believe that player will be a solid choice because of the scouting department leading the search this time around.

Houston is a much bigger and better athlete than Ray.

This. Cooper, RB, OLB (we got IK).

Yahoo's Charles Robinson reports NFL teams have been informed Alabama WR Amari Cooper ran a forty time in the range of 4.35 to 4.38 at last month's NFL Scouting Combine.

Robinson reports video review of Cooper and West Virginia WR Kevin White's forty-yard dashes revealed a "dead heat." White's time is more impressive because he is taller and heavier, but the report confirms Cooper is a legitimate sub-4.4 speed burner. Cooper's "official" forty time was reported at 4.42.

Source: Charles Robinson on Twitter

Houston fell for non-talent reasons. http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/2011/04/30/1559498/nfl-draft-georgia-linebacker-justin.html

That and Houston falling to the third has nothing to do with Houston being a bigger, better athlete and prospect.

While that may have caused a drop, he was still considered a LATE 1st rounder.

Ray is regarded as not falling past the 12th overall pick.

Ray seems to be the more highly regarded prospect. Yes, Houston is bigger, but does not seem to me as the better rated prospect. If Ray were to test positive for Marijuana - you think he sinks to the 3rd round? I doubt it. Agree to disagree

While that may have caused a drop, he was still considered a LATE 1st rounder.

Ray is regarded as not falling past the 12th overall pick.

Ray seems to be the more highly regarded prospect. Yes, Houston is bigger, but does not seem to me as the better rated prospect. If Ray were to test positive for Marijuana - you think he sinks to the 3rd round? I doubt it. Agree to disagree

Seems is a hell of a drug. Ray should probably go in the third without a positive test.

Our biggest needs are O-Line, OLB, a #2 RB, and a #3 WR.  Whoever is best to fill one of those holes I would take.  To be honest I would prefer to trade down and accumulate more picks. 

A lot of people say take a QB.  While we got Marshall we still have to upgrade our offense.  Still lacking a good #2 RB, another good WR, and O-line protection for whoever our QB is.

We either go STUD OLine or PassRusher

We need a RB to replace Ivory. While I like Gailey as an OC, he could not figure out how to use Marshawn Lynch and unloaded the former Top10 pick for an '11 4th rounder and a conditional in '12 which was a 5th.

Ivory is a poor mans Lynch with worse hands. Unless Gailey changes his style, I don't see Ivory sticking around much longer and a more "Receptions" RB will be drafted to fit this "spread" system everyone is expecting to be installed.

WR or pass rusher. There is no OL rated high enough to justify a taking one at 6 Schreff is projected as a guard. It all depends who is on the board if  Fowler is off the board and Cooper or White are there we have to take one of the two I have no conidence in Evans or Quincy as they are complete unknowns at this time.

WR or pass rusher. There is no OL rated high enough to justify a taking one at 6 Schreff is projected as a guard. It all depends who is on the board if  Fowler is off the board and Cooper or White are there we have to take one of the two I have no conidence in Evans or Quincy as they are complete unknowns at this time.

If they want Fowler and miss out then hopefully Beasley or Dupree are on their radar.  They could trade down a few spots for a team that wants White or Cooper and pick one of those guys up..

SOME Jet fans willing to allow just about any position to sit and develop except the most important position on a Football team.

Fixed; please don't try and speak for all of us.  I think a large number of fans want Mariota and know he probably will sit most of if not all of his first year. 

Let's face it folks, it's about instant gratification with the 1st round pick or that player is labeled a "Bust" by our fan base. To that end, I pose the above question.

QB :

Other than Winston, none of the QBs  would be of assistance to the Jets in the coming season.

OL :

I can think of 2 players who would be upgrades to  our OL this coming season.

Pass Rusher :  

I can think of 3 players in the 1st 2 rounds who would assist the Jets in this coming season. 

OLBer :

I don't see any player who would be an instant upgrade to the roster this coming season.

RB :

I don't see any player who would be an upgrade to the roster this season.

CB:

I don't see any upgrade this season.

WR:

I see quite a few upgrades for the upcoming  season but only at the slot position.

IMO, the choice should come down to between an OLman and a Pass Rusher .  The best way IMO to help the team now and into the future is to pick the highest rated player on your board from among these 2 positions.  IMO, that player is a Pass rusher.

That's the view from this fan.

QB, OLB (pass rusher), OG, IMO are the glaring needs on the team.  An ILB who can cover, a WR to groom, a RB to groom and a TE who can block/play all 3 downs would be nice additions but I wouldnt necessarily say are needs...(maybe a blocking TE is a true need).

Most likely, we're going Pass Rusher at #6 and that makes sense from a need/value standpoint.  But I'd like to see them address those other positions as well.

IMO, the choice should come down to between an OLman and a Pass Rusher .  The best way IMO to help the team now and into the future is to pick the highest rated player on your board from among these 2 positions.  IMO, that player is a Pass rusher.

If Mariota is there - whether he helps THIS year or not - is the choice. A potential franchise QB is BETTER than ANY player at ANY OTHER POSITION. No, he probably won't help this year, but if he develops into a top flight starter the Jets come out on top and can now THINK about taking NE's place atop the AFC East. Not until. 

Archived