Ragnarok Mafia: Game Over, Loki Wins

Doggin94it

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So i guess Lizzie pretty much nailed ape right away eh? Even set a trap for him that he walked right into

Lizzie owns ape will be true till next season, lol

He did your work for you to get things started then you took the torch for the second half of the day.  That will be the story of the offseason. 

ROSTER:

1) Lily - Last game sensed clueless townie.  This game getting more of a nefarious vibe.  Not sure how she could read what she was reading and come to the conclusions she came to.

2) AlannaLynn - Over active early and silent ever sense.  The unvote citing being far behind while unnecessary did have a townie vibe.

4) CTM - clearly not scum as he went all in as the 2nd vote on the Ape.  Could be Loki but too little info to go there yet.

5) Wombat - Not getting a scum vibe.  He could have subtly attempted to derail the Ape train when it was still in doubt but kept applying steady pressure.

6) Nolder - Don't like.  Seemed set on not voting the APe then quickly changed his mind when he felt his question wasn't answered quickly enough. 

7) Smash -  deranged town.  period.

8) Jetscode - Don't see the bus play and don't see Loki as he played well under pressure.  No signs of melting down as he has when dirty as of late.

9) Hallia - Late vote on Ape with little substance behind it.  I think I'll never be able to figure her out.  Seems to go with the flow and never ruffles feathers.  Hard to read.

10) Barmacral - So glad we waited a week for him to play... wait.  No I'm not.  Not sure I can remember anything he said today.  I did notice he wouldn't move off JC though.

11) LizardKing - Townie vibe.  Don't see the reason he'd engage the stupid Ape so early on knowing it would be a 20 page saga where he could have slipped.

12) 80 - Meh..  I want to say he's Loki but it's ludicrous to call out Loki this early.  Something just isn't sitting right.

14) JiF - Dirty vibe.  Non-commital, setting up a free pass by mentioning multiple times he's going to have sparse participation for a week starting Friday, no drama...  Come to think of it he's playing like a Loki more than 80.

15) SMC -  Little content but conveniently around to hammer.  Hated the post mortem paragraph filling in all the blanks before anyone had a chance to question him.

16) Naeann -  Like her brother I don't have much of a read on her yet.  Thankful that she got to see the Ape for what he is before she was fully indoctrinated like the rest.

17) Seph - Would like to have seen his thoughts during the day about the Ape lynch.  Wasn't too much to go on as the only significant thing he did was put up an Ape like list with almost half the game.

So, this guy is paying zero attention to the game.

cause ape is very predictable?

in his mind, he didn't get caught cause he made some poor posts and then defended poorly, he got caught cause of dumb luck or identity politics  sexual orientation or some other reason that has nothing to do with his play

Wait, you sat there waiting with a pic for an hour, but didn't comment on thread about anything going on?  lol.  Time to take a look back at that.

Exactly.  Because I didn't want to say anything that would distract from the Ape lynch who clearly should be lynched based on what transpired.

I'm like a squirrel to guys like Nolder, Jif and Pac.

UP-squirrel-dog-animated-gif.gif

colm-feore-fgk-laufey-thor-wide-560x282.

Laufey, Mafia Godfather, has been lynched

Final Vote Count

Nolder (1) -  Pac

Jetscode (4) - Nae, Barm, Integrity,  Lily

No Lynch (1) - Smash

Hallia (1) -JiF

Integrity (9) - Seph, 80, CTM, Lizzie, Wombat, Jetscode, Hallia, Nolder, SMC

Soo, lost in all the excitement.. Anyone know the source material, does this dude make sense as a GF? I'd think he'd need to be a main villain for that to fit... If so, we can further assume ape would over estimate his own importance

Here are some Nae posts at around time Ape is at L-2

She's questioning votes on Ape, pushing the reasons to vote JC and interacting with Pac on the basis of her vote. 

Why go so strongly for someone you only feel 60 percent sure about?  Like I said.. your biggest argument against him was not calling you out on the nudges.

Those voting Ape.... what is your reasoning?  You want others to join and kill him off then give a solid reason beyond him going "apesh*t" (per usual), acting dominant and self important (per usual), being the most vocal (per usual), defending himself (who wouldn't?)

I'm going with JC, Hally, Lily (but I always find her scummy) and possibly Pac... I don't like the post of his I quoted and it seems hes doing ALOT of that nudging thing and not really providing much substance to case anything himself.

I feel off about Jif.... where's the emo/sporadic behavior?  I don't like logical Jif lol  same with 80... it's giving me the sad to not see him be his all over the place self that I remember.

I'm voting JC and not budging from that as of yet.  I've given several reasons why my vote is on him.  You are just doing your normal hovering around peering over people's shoulders and whisper singing "somebody's gonna diiiiiie" while gigging manically and waving around your hammer.

Agreed.  Hally's vote was way opportunistic and made it seem like we HAD to choose CTM or Ape... not the case.  One could be scum, they both could be scum, or they both could be town.  I don't know how much mafia she has played though as I've only just met her.

Lily was on my list of those I find scummy and she's not voting him.  I was on JC long before he voted Ape and have said I'm leaving my vote there.  You have yet to vote Ape and I also listed you.. so how is it I'm so clearly willing to vote those voting him?

1. Placing Wombat at l-2 so quickly into day one

2. Odd posting behavior including the overkill on ellipsis

3. Not really contributing anything but making alot of noise none the less... well going between that and completely disappearing whenever any attention starts being cast on him.  He has what? 5 votes now?  He has yet to pipe in on that train building.

4. Despite not contributing much he has made lists and pointed out others who have contributed less than he has.

Soo, lost in all the excitement.. Anyone know the source material, does this dude make sense as a GF? I'd think he'd need to be a main villain for that to fit... If so, we can further assume ape would over estimate his own importance

He's the King of the Ice Giants so, yeah, he makes sense to be the GF.  The Ice Giants are the mortal enemies of the Asgardians. 

Wait, you sat there waiting with a pic for an hour, but didn't comment on thread about anything going on?  lol.  Time to take a look back at that.

He was online...cause I noticed he repped my post about the twinks on this site.  Not sure that gives alignment.  Hard to infer intent.

He absolutely makes sense.

Laufey was the King of the Frost Giants and an enemy of the Asgardians introduced in Thor. He was the biological father of Loki and arch enemy of Odin.

LOL, NaeScum, keep a closer eye on me.  You completely dodged the Ape train and tried to give reasons why to not vote him.

I'm happy as hell that I laid in the weeds waiting for someone to put Ape at L-1 so I can finally hammer him.  I've been waiting two games for that.  It was a bonus that he was scum.  And a godfather at that?  That was the most powerful scum player on your team so OF COURSE you tried everything to deflect from him.

I wasn't sure among you, Barm and Lily, but this post of yours is just a big scum tell.  Thanks for making it easier.

Alright, there's 3 mafia remaining and NaeScum is one of them.  Who does everyone think are the other 2?

Can anyone pick out from this quote the line that doesn't quite fit?

The part where SMC assumes scum knew Ape was the Godfather?

As scum should know.  How can a scum team operate if they don't know what powers they have?

The only ones who don't know what power they have is town.

Just going through posts since ~pg 23, mostly looking at the Ape train and posting thoughts. PART 1:

Ehhm, you say you didn't fos me, but what does this look like?

Seph early bus vote after this post feels OMGUSy

Also not a fan of his response to my asking him why he worded his question "are you scum" instead of "are you town" - this is a minor thing, but I really haven't had enough content or stances yet for him to be reading me anything. Or is that the problem that you're having with me? :blink:

I like CTM and Pac for pushing the Ape train

@Hally: why is Smash scummy? *answered later, because he wants no lynch. I don't get it though, Hally: why would scum want to push for no lynch?

JC, you're off the hook for now.

Unvote vote Ape

unvote
vote ape
f it

Like both of these votes right now. That may change later. Probably like CTM's vote more than 80s though.

I think he's explaining himself wrong. You nudged along those suspecting me, until there was a solid buzz established - with several people fosing - then you commit to a vote.

Not a bandwagon, but definitely a swarm that you massaged into relevance.

^CTM looks good here, imo

I think all Pac can talk about is the Apettes; can you get some new material? I'm not a fan that you're talking sh*t around Ape but not committing to calling him mafia or voting him; at least CTM put his vote where is mouth is

This is what i was waiting for. Some buddying.

Unvote, vote Ape

I was gonna say Lizzie's jump onto CTM was a distraction from the lynch but then he had this post above

Comments like that can create a situation (especially in game with a few newer folks) that discredits the rest of the players for not being able to grasp non-traditional games and sets up an opportunity for someone (stares at you) to lead the game as if you're the only one who can handle such a challenging mechanic.

You know this.  

Unvote
Vote Ape

Interesting development...this Ape train.  I actually called for this.  Surprised to see it play out.  Need to look back.

There's something wrong with this JC post.

Denying what meta? I'm goofing on you +  disagreeing with you that scum is ONLY in nuance, frequently is a better word. Heck, it's the entire reason I voted Alanna early on day 1, felt like she was nudging wwwombat's well developed train without voting

MY issue with you and Lizzie is the line about "playing along".. You positioned it as if Lizzie was setting a trap with a bad case on you, and you played along to catch scum. TOTAL BS

You might have to explain that for me CTM? I was town reading Wombat earlier, if I recall correctly.

Unvote Vote CTM

This move smacks of scum opportunism.
Could vote Pac or Jif as well, although of the bunch I think Jif is at least trying to make sense.

Nolder ?? for me. He was already pinging a little for some reason earlier, something about the Loki hunting posts he made was bothering me, but this vote.. meh.

This put Ape (5) and CTM (3)

So far that puts me (and probably not in order):
Town pile: CTM, Liz, JiF
Mixed: Hally 80 Pac
Scummy: Seph JC

PART 2

Maybe. I could absolutely see Pac or Jif drumming up a lynch on Ape D1 as scummates.
You're harder for me to read so I don't know about what you.

What does this mean Nolder? Are you saying that they would intentionally lynch Ape d1 as teammates with Ape or as teammates together?

Ape's response that "CTM loves to bus his scum mates" looks good irt CTM though-- I very highly doubt we have Mafia CTM getting his scummate lynched here.

BTW this bullsh*t with Ape seems orchestrated.
Who started it? LK? I think he's town but if he's not he has a teammate who knows the JN layout very well and understands if you start something on Ape near deadline it will blow the thread up and possibly end in a no lynch.

This seems purposeful to me.
We should drop 99% of Ape discussion (wtf are you retards doing talking about old games?) and work on the people who aren't talking imo.
If you want to continue to vote Ape fine but stfu so the rest of us can think.

Unvote
Vote SMC

WTF ew

Screw it.  Ape just doesn't look town to me right now.

unvote
Vote: Ape

I like Wombat's vote, I have a pretty strong town lean on him; his progression to vote felt natural to me and I've pretty much liked all his posts so far

That's not what I said I was doing just now, you idiot. I was actually trying to elicit a reaction from JIF to get a better read on him. Right now, he's approaching this about as crystal clean as can be. Normally, JIF ends up looking terrible as an indecisive townie trying to figure it out. His responses have been perfect relative to the situation.

Let me put it like this, I like my theory on you, but I'm never stop considering the possible scenarios/agendas at play. So, while I argue my points with you, I still want to elicit reads from others. Just like I did while I was arguing with Lizzie.

I'm tempted to flop a vote on JIF, 80 or Jetscode right now. I feel like their working from the fringe, influencing, but keeping their hands clean.

This and his subsequent vote on JC feels like distancing, but I need to look more into their interactions to feel good about saying that

Unvote
Vote JC

Was this for competing trains or... ?

Hallia post has been questioned repeatedly so I'm omitting it. I don't like the black/white attitude that she has to vote for one or the other, nor the continued push on Smash which I frankly still do not understand. I did like Barm's followup post on Hally; it comes off as townie that he's questioning Hally's read on Smash and where she's voting, but doesn't so much look good in the light of Ape's flip, so I guess I'll keep him in null for now until I see more.

Not my first pick but I prefer competing trains at least.

Unvote Vote JC

Nolder keeps pinging with the jumping around. Maybe I'm imagining it?

Find it odd that both JC(?) and Pac say they want to hammer Ape but neither of them will move him from L2??

He uses it but he's delusional, so not sure what conclusions you can draw from it.

I'm very much NOT a fan of meta, and self meta saying "I do or do not do this as scum/town" is just awful. If you can list your meta out like that, you can change it to fit your needs. So meta is bullsh*t a good portion of the time, imo.

Pretty much waiting to hammer, yes.  I'm home now and can be more verbose if that's what you want.

I've already stated it but what I see so far is the Ape initially responding with snark, then lashing out at multiple people willing to vote him, then being laid back nonchalant cool guy.  He's gone through a metamorphosis that included multiple personas  during the transformation.  It's the most vote worthy thing I've seen all game and yes..  I'll happily hammer him to either rid ourselves of scum or the distraction.  What exactly don't you understand?

As to your second point sorry if you didn't like where my vote was.  Let me change that for you.

Unvote

Vote Nolder

I can't say I disagree with this vote.

Nolder finally comes over, and SMC hammers. Not sure if this clears Nolder though, Ape-lynch was going to happen, imo. There was still enough traction and enough people who wanted to vote that way

You threw a throwaway vote cause you didn't want to join the fray...then realized Ape was sh*tting over himself and you had to balance out the competing train.

AKA = Scumates.

QFT

I think either Nolder or JC could be mafia, but probably not both.

Townie: CTM, Wombat
Townish: Lizz, Smash
Mixed: 80, Pac, Seph
Scummy: JC, Nolder

Null: Hally, JiF, Barm ....?

He absolutely makes sense.

Laufey was the King of the Frost Giants and an enemy of the Asgardians introduced in Thor. He was the biological father of Loki and arch enemy of Odin.

Ok, so even more reason for Ape to not want to be bussed..  I'm looking at ape voters last probably

+ those with big name players should be able to guess at their roles a bit

Archived