NY Jets player Tid-Bits: Owusu Concussed, Wals to Safety

Gas2No99

Bump:

Free agent CB Dimitri Patterson is facing a felony child-abuse charge stemming from an August 1 incident at a South Florida mall.

Patterson met his ex-girlfriend at the mall for a custody exchange of their one-year-old son. The two got in an argument, and Patterson allegedly turned aggressive, grabbed his ex-girlfriend by the neck and threw her to the ground. The young child was in his mother's arms and ended up hitting the ground as well, resulting in a bruise on the back of his head. Patterson last played in 2013.

Source: ESPN.com
Aug 12 - 2:55 PM

:-)

Per Roto:

The Jets are moving CB Darrin Walls to safety.

With Antonio Allen out for the season, the Jets are giving Walls free safety reps. Walls has played exclusively corner his first four seasons. Jaiquawn Jarrett is the No. 3 safety behind Marcus Gilchrist and Calvin Pryor.

Chris Owusu suffered a concussion at Jets camp Friday.

It’s a concern for Owusu, who has a history of concussions. Owusu was off to a strong camp, playing in three-wide sets ahead of Jeremy Kerley. The missed time could put Owusu’s roster spot in jeopardy.

Stevan Ridley - RB - Jets
ESPN Boston's Mike Reiss is told that Jets RB Stevan Ridley (ACL/MCL) "feels great and is close to a return" from the active/PUP list.
The Jets are taking a cautious approach with Ridley coming off two torn knee ligaments, holding him out of practice for the first week-plus of camp. Ridley remains without any known timetable for return. Meanwhile, Chris Ivory has taken hold of the Jets' feature back job and is running away with it.
Source: ESPN Boston Aug 9 - 9:57 AM

Damn.

Owusu was balling, beating out the average Kerley, (funny that Kerley is the only guy Idzik paid and Owusu was ahead of him on the Jet chart with this new coaching staff).

Oh well, a few posters on here warned us about his concussion history in college. When you talk about the back end of roster other players get a chance to step up.

There's a pretty big separation between our 3rd & 4th WRs to Marshall & Decker but the separation between Owusu, Kerley, Graham & a bunch of other NFL wannabes is much less.

Same with Antonio Allen, who I think play actually deteriorated after his big pick stepping in front of Gronk. I know Rex pinballed him between Safety & Corner but hid did nothing to make me think he was anything more than average. Who knows, Walls might turn out to be a better safety than AA. Sometimes corners that are a split second late vs CBs are right on time playing Safety.

Per Roto:

The Jets are moving CB Darrin Walls to safety.

With Antonio Allen out for the season, the Jets are giving Walls free safety reps. Walls has played exclusively corner his first four seasons. Jaiquawn Jarrett is the No. 3 safety behind Marcus Gilchrist and Calvin Pryor.

Chris Owusu suffered a concussion at Jets camp Friday.

It’s a concern for Owusu, who has a history of concussions. Owusu was off to a strong camp, playing in three-wide sets ahead of Jeremy Kerley. The missed time could put Owusu’s roster spot in jeopardy.

So Walls is closer to a winning roster spot, and Owusu is closer to losing one. It's not the lost time that hurts Owusu, it's the fact that it's another concussion.

So Walls is closer to a winning roster spot, and Owusu is closer to losing one. It's not the lost time that hurts Owusu, it's the fact that it's another concussion.

Yeah that is why I really haven't been on the Owusu bandwagon.  I know he is talented but felt he was one good hit (concussion) away from retirement.  I am hoping Shaq Evans steps up; Enunwa is definitely standing out.  Maybe when Posey finally gets on the field he will show us why Mac traded for him.  

Moving Walls to S makes a helluva lot more sense than Allen to CB.

From what I've read, it's more of an in case of emergency situation. He'll still get regular reps at CB too. It's obvious this staff thinks highly of him and being diverse makes it harder to be cut.

Adam Shine owns that phrase.. :winking0001:

Adam Shine owns that phrase.. :winking0001:

Adam Shine owns the phrase "now we're cooking with gas", OMG I can't stand to listen that blowhard. I think he uses cooking oil in his hair.

Actually the Jets have stayed pretty healthy the last couple of years. They've just sucked

I have to disagree with you on that last year we lost Dexter M, Shaq Evans, Quiny E, Millner, and Decker was banged up with a hamstring for the first part of the season and I am sure I am missing a few more, I know there were some defensive players also.

Bump:

Free agent CB Dimitri Patterson is facing a felony child-abuse charge stemming from an August 1 incident at a South Florida mall.

Patterson met his ex-girlfriend at the mall for a custody exchange of their one-year-old son. The two got in an argument, and Patterson allegedly turned aggressive, grabbed his ex-girlfriend by the neck and threw her to the ground. The young child was in his mother's arms and ended up hitting the ground as well, resulting in a bruise on the back of his head. Patterson last played in 2013.

Source: ESPN.com
Aug 12 - 2:55 PM

:-)

Archived