Glennon Top rated QB to be traded

FTL Jet Fan

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree. I'd even keep Geno as the back up. Have Glennon, Geno and Petty. If a team with QB problems think that they can salvage something then trade him. sh*t, if RG3 could possibly be traded then Geno certainly can. 

What if the Buc's wanted Metal mouth and a 2nd??

I agree. I'd even keep Geno as the back up. Have Glennon, Geno and Petty. If a team with QB problems think that they can salvage something then trade him. sh*t, if RG3 could possibly be traded then Geno certainly can. 

If Geno is a locker room bitch now, imagine if he loses his job to Mike Glennon? If this were to go down and I doubt it highly, Geno couldn't stay on the roster. 

If Geno is a locker room bitch now, imagine if he loses his job to Mike Glennon? If this were to go down and I doubt it highly, Geno couldn't stay on the roster. 

You could have a point, but at the same time Geno could also very well be out of the league if he doesnt want to be a back up to Glennon. Some players are put in a position where they just need to continue to have those NFL checks coming in. Geno hasnt shown anything to guarantee himself a spot anywhere in the league. I dont doubt that a team would pick him up, but the possibility of him being out of the league is there. 

Because they'd like the picks and a vet to back up JW?

Like the article said.  

Who is this vet they're getting that is even close to Glennon?

This is fantasy land trade scenarios stuff. This isn't baseball or hockey. 

Maybe Mark Brunell or David Garrard lol. 

Seriously, none of the FA currently available would be close to Glennon because if they were they'd be on a team already. It's not a fantasy trade if you take into account getting a possible 2nd round pick out of the deal. This is a team rebuilding and all they would have to do is trade a QB they obviously dont want to play, replace him with a Matt Flynn type QB in order to get a 2nd or 3rd rounder that they could invest at another spot, like the offensive line which they need to solidify if they ever expect Doug Martin to contribute more often and for their QB not to get killed week in/week out. 

Is the trade likely to happen? Probably not. But calling it fantasy land is ridiculous. 

Seriously, none of the FA currently available would be close to Glennon because if they were they'd be on a team already. It's not a fantasy trade if you take into account getting a possible 2nd round pick out of the deal. This is a team rebuilding and all they would have to do is trade a QB they obviously dont want to play, replace him with a Matt Flynn type QB in order to get a 2nd or 3rd rounder that they could invest at another spot, like the offensive line which they need to solidify if they ever expect Doug Martin to contribute more often and for their QB not to get killed week in/week out. 

Is the trade likely to happen? Probably not. But calling it fantasy land is ridiculous. 

I just talked to the Buc's they want Mo and a 3rd..LOL

Ok. If you're TB you make this trade?

Because you'd be screwing your franchise over something fierce if Winston gets hurt or doesn't work out (more likely than not) Most important position on the field and TB is going to trade it away for an unknown commodity like a 2nd or 3rd? 

Ok. If you're TB you make this trade?

Because you'd be screwing your franchise over something fierce if Winston gets hurt or doesn't work out (more likely than not) Most important position on the field and TB is going to trade it away for an unknown commodity like a 2nd or 3rd? 

Patriots traded Matt Cassel to the Chiefs after winning 11 games given Tom Brady's injury. I didnt hear how the Pats was screwing their franchise because they traded a guy who just won 11 games that could back up Brady in case he gets injured because its the "most important position" on the field. 

And I dont want to hear the "but he's a rookie" nonsense. It was the Bucs that decided to name him the starter before preseason even kicked off, so they are obviously not concerned about his rookie status and understand that they will be playing him through the ups and downs of such a rookie year. That leaves only "injuries" to account for. So again, why is it that the Bucs would somehow be screwing themselves yet the Patriots werent so scrutinized after trading their back up after their starter ACTUALLY had a season ending injury along with trading Mike Vrabel to KC for an unknown commodity in a 2nd round pick? And that was a Patriots team that was actually built to win, and they seen that they could win with Cassell if Brady went down again. The Bucs are the opposite of win now mode. How does a team built to win in trade a back up that just replaced Brady and won 11 games? Let me answer the question for you. Its because they were able to get a 2nd rounder for a back up even though he won 11 games for them, thats why. 

I hear you, its just not making sense to me. 

cassell and brunell were both backing up established stars who would never in 100 years be benched for poor play

glennon is backing up winston.....

Winston wont be benched this year for poor play because there was no competition for the spot to begin with. The bucs showed that they are willing to go through the motion with Winston and if by the time Winston shows anything that would warrant his benching Glennon would have walked into free agency already. So you get nothing in return for a player you werent going to play because of the investment made in the QB that isnt currently a star, but a guy who will get every single opportunity to become one. 

Thats what Glennon is backing up. So the Bucs could either get something in return or he will eventually walk, but he's pretty much done playing football games in a Buc uni. 

they will give winston every opportunity to keep the job, I agree

but you have to be able to see the differences between his situation and the brunell/cassell situations

There are differences, and I see them. However, you have to see, or not ignore the similarities. At the end of the day Mike Glennon will walk. So you either let him walk and get nothing in return albeit a draft pick or his services on the field, or you get a draft pick and you go get yourself a back up QB that could help your rookie in the mental aspect of the game after the trade.

This is not at all far fetched. 

are you kidding?  It's not fantasy land, unless you think they're looking for a Tom Brady as their vet.  It's a backup, not a starter.  A Whitehurst or someone similar should shake loose.  More importantly they want the pick.  The fantasy is thinking that they need a Glennon back to sit on the bench 

are you kidding?  It's not fantasy land, unless you think they're looking for a Tom Brady as their vet.  It's a backup, not a starter.  A Whitehurst or someone similar should shake loose.  More importantly they want the pick.  The fantasy is thinking that they need a Glennon back to sit on the bench 

If any of this made sense they'd have traded Glennon and hung on to McCown.

no, that would leave them with 3 number 1 QBs.  Exactly what they don't want.  They need a Whitehurst as their backup and picks for Glennon in a perfect world.  And if Tenn doesn't trade Mettenberger Whitehurst might be available.  

Not necessarily. There are a TON of Josh McCown's out there (Backup's). Keeping McCown would have meant having a QB on the bench making 5 and a half million dollars. Why do that when you can keep Glennon now for 700,000 at worst or at best trade Glennon for a respectable draft pick and sign a QB off the street for a couple mill. The Bucs would save themselves 4 million dollars doing that. 

It still probably doesnt make sense to you though, not because it doesnt, but because you just dont agree on trading Glennon. 

Depending on how the season plays out, I can see us possibly making a play for Glennon in the off season but I still think they are committed to seeing what they have in Geno if Fitz falters, before they make a move like that. 

There are differences, and I see them. However, you have to see, or not ignore the similarities. At the end of the day Mike Glennon will walk. So you either let him walk and get nothing in return albeit a draft pick or his services on the field, or you get a draft pick and you go get yourself a back up QB that could help your rookie in the mental aspect of the game after the trade.

This is not at all far fetched. 

You don't have to ignore anything. You are talking about the end of the day, but when is that?  The guy is signed through 2016.  Dirt cheap.  There is no reason to trade him now unless somebody is desperate.  What good is a 2016 pick in 2015?  It won't make their roster any better.  They can hold on to him for the season, have a solid back up (that you think is a solid or better starter) and then deal him for the same pick they could get today.  Cassel was behind Brady and a FA that was franchised.  Brunell was ages ago and behind a first team all-pro iron man.  They got better picks for him than they gave up to get him.

I was going to say... why would they do this when they had every opportunity to set this up at the draft?  They could have gotten a 2015 pick.

Lol. Ok

This is pretty simple.  McCown was brought in and paid as a number 1, Jameis was drafted to be a 1 and anyone giving up what theyll want for Glennon will want him as their 1.  Not getting why you can't grasp this or think it's funny

Can't see him being traded this year. Jury is still out on Winston

Barring injury Winston will play the entire season no matter the situation. I do understand the perspective of the jury being out on Winston. The issue here is Lovie Smith has shown clear as day (Signing of McCown and naming him the starter before preseason, next year drafting a QB with the 1st pick then naming him starter before preseason) that they do not want to give Mike Glennon a shot at being the QB of the Tampa Bay Bucs. 

There is nothing that Winston could do outside of either being injured or stealing Crab legs again that will force Lovie to replace him with Glennon. Remember, Lovie is the same coach that had no choice but to put in Glennon after McCown was hurt in the first Atlanta game. When McCown got healthy he pulled Glennon even though on personal performance Glennon was outplaying McCown. Then in week 17 Lovie sat all of his starters but left McCown in the game and Glennon on the bench. 

Reading what I just wrote above but then believing that they wont trade Glennon for the right price just doesnt sound like it adds up 

Archived