Jason Taylor: Todd Bowles is freaking perfect

Jet in PA

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fair assessment, didn't happen here

3. Ape denies ever having expressed said opinion

it's good to know you pay more attention to me, than I do to you.

6. Ape abruptly declares that he doesn't know what anyone is arguing about; that he never actually believed said opinion; that expressing said opinion was simply a way to rile up the board for his own amusement; that, in fact, he has never cared about anything, because caring about things is for women; that anyone who argues on a message board is a loser; that he is currently hysterically laughing at all of us and our sad, empty lives

No, what I said didn't insinuate that at all. It quite specifically says that Rex reviews out-dated tape and even more out-dated memories of highlights when evaluating a veteran player's overall worth to the roster. 

My post was a dig at Rex, and his affinity for out-dated scouting where it concerns veteran a-hole players. That was the point I made, successfully, and a point I've harped on for a long time. I'm not a new member, I think I'm entitled to assume familiar users can connect the dots between a dig like this, and the history of related posts it harkens to. 

Nope. You insinuated nothing more than Taylor didn't deserve to make the final 53 man roster, which further insinuates someone else more worthy of keeping [at his position] was let go:

"Rex loved him some 3 year old tape and memories of sport center highlights as a way of deciding who ended up on the final 53."

Not that it was the basis of scouting, or who to bring in or not bring in, but in deciding who ended up on the final 53. The final 53, not that he shouldn't have been among the 80+ guys brought into camp in the first place (as opposed to a different $1.75M or less FA), not having anything to do with scouting players who weren't here yet. Just that he ended up on the final 53.Your exact words.

Nothing further was inferred, insinuated, mind-melded, nor woven into a new beard-like growth.

Getting really excited about Bowles.  I really like what I'm seeing from him and how he carries himself. 

This.

But I can see him having a 1st year like Parcells had with the Giants, between no great QB option, and still needing to weed out the Rex Ryan culture, and type players, but like Parcells he will be setting the foundation for a Culture, and a type of football team/players he wants, and how he wants things handled.  Hopefully he can find his Phil Simms, and win us a Super Bowl, or 2!

High Hopes, just hope he gets a pass for the average season the Jets might have this year due to the circumstances I stated above, and if he actually has a Parcells like first season with the Jets then all the better, O'Donnell, and Fitzpatrick aren't that different if you think about it, and I hate Fitzpatrick, and O'Donnel.  I think Parcells wasn't much of an O'Donnell fan himself considering he let a backup RB throw the most important pass of the Jets season (stupidly).  

And I will add this in for Villain, if the Jets can land Glennon this offseason then maybe he becomes Bowles Vinny T, just getting him a little younger than Parcells, and the Jets got Vinny.

Remember when Jason Taylor left the Dolphags for the team he hated more than any other because he fell in love with Rex Ryan and was convinced the Jets gave him the best chance at Super Bowl?

As much as I loved Rex, I'll never forgive him for that.  

**** Jason Taylor. 

He wasn't really that far off thou as his supposed hand picked team came 1 3rd down stop from possibly getting to that Super Bowl.

"Schematically, forget about it," Taylor said. "There’s nobody out there that can touch him.

Love it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

B!tches are going down this year

He could be correct on this, Bowles can't play for the players, they have to do their part to make sure the scheme works, sometimes this takes time in the first year so I would expect some bumps in the road early in the season due to guys just not knowing their assignments like the back of their hand.  Those guys will either have to get it, or Bowles will find guys who can next season when he can weed out the rest of the guys he might not consider "Todd Bowles" guys.

3. Ape denies ever having expressed said opinion

6. Ape abruptly declares that he doesn't know what anyone is arguing about; that he never actually believed said opinion; that expressing said opinion was simply a way to rile up the board for his own amusement; that, in fact, he has never cared about anything, because caring about things is for women; that anyone who argues on a message board is a loser; that he is currently hysterically laughing at all of us and our sad, empty lives

High effort. Minimal lols. 

It's okay, football starts today.

Nope. You insinuated nothing more than Taylor didn't deserve to make the final 53 man roster, which further insinuates someone else more worthy of keeping [at his position] was let go:

"Rex loved him some 3 year old tape and memories of sport center highlights as a way of deciding who ended up on the final 53."

Not that it was the basis of scouting, or who to bring in or not bring in, but in deciding who ended up on the final 53. The final 53, not that he shouldn't have been among the 80+ guys brought into camp in the first place (as opposed to a different $1.75M or less FA), not having anything to do with scouting players who weren't here yet. Just that he ended up on the final 53.Your exact words.

Nothing further was inferred, insinuated, mind-melded, nor woven into a new beard-like growth.

Yeah, you're trying way too hard.

I was going to remind everyone that Jason Taylor molests collies but I see this thread has already moved on.

That said, Jason Taylor molests collies.

Here's a bit of trivia what player that came from another AFCE team said I never would play for the Jets they are the bottom of the barrel team?? 

Yeah, you're trying way too hard.

If you say so. But then again, if you say so - or more correctly, if you say that and no more - I guess that includes a bunch of other things you're not presently saying but I'm supposed to know you meant. 

I'll stick with where I started, which is replying to what you wrote, not the totally different thing you said it really actually meant. :)

If you say so. But then again, if you say so - or more correctly, if you say that and no more - I guess that includes a bunch of other things you're not presently saying but I'm supposed to know you meant. 

I'll stick with where I started, which is replying to what you wrote, not the totally different thing you said it really actually meant. :)

Or, you can stick to making it my fault you misinterpreted what I said.

Bowles has been nothing but a home run so far during his tenure as NYJ HC. The real test starts in 3 days.

Thank you so much for sticking to topic and pointing out that folks ignored Taylor's opinion because they don't like him not because he wrong.  

I too think that Bowles so far has been great.  Let's hope that it translates somehow into wins.  

Thank you so much for sticking to topic and pointing out that folks ignored Taylor's opinion because they don't like him not because he wrong.  

I too think that Bowles so far has been great.  Let's hope that it translates somehow into wins.  

Here's a bit of trivia what player that came from another AFCE team said I never would play for the Jets they are the bottom of the barrel team??  BTW CB that wasn't Jason Taylor that said that..LOL

Says the guy who just swung and missed three times at the same pitch.

You vastly underestimate my intentions... I don't typically "swing" right back. I prefer fencing a little to see if I can get better barbs out of people. I don't approach this stuff with a lot of insecurity. I like to tease things along and bring the good rips out of people. I doesn't bother me if it comes at my expense.

I get that you wouldn't understand it.

You vastly underestimate my intentions... I don't typically "swing" right back. I prefer fencing a little to see if I can get better barbs out of people. I don't approach this stuff with a lot of insecurity. I like to tease things along and bring the good rips out of people. I doesn't bother me if it comes at my expense.

I get that you wouldn't understand it.

Archived