Jets vs. Eagles Ticket Prices

Cornfed

What are you going to do if a low-life dirty smelly drunk farting burping blue collar Eagles fan bought them and sits next to you. 

Narc them out to stadium security and then spread out, have the luxury of some elbow room.  Cake.  Eating too.

SAR I

This is stupid. It's Wednesday night. Stubhub vets know you wait until at least to 24 hours out, because that's when the douchebags that think they can mark up their season tickets way too high finally face reality.

In particular, this is usually when upper-lower class hardos make a frowny face as they lower their tickets down to almost face value, coming to the realization that even though they can afford it, they blew thousands upon thousands of dollars on PSLs for tickets that they could have had for the same price if they were just willing to lay off xvideos for a few minutes after the wife and kids go to sleep on Saturday nights.

i will take the opposite approach.. my grill will be fired up and I will be cooking up a storm at L7.. come on over and throw some steaks on the grill.. I will have a bottle of Captain Morgan waiting for you. 

way to try and take my thunder. next think I know there is going to be a hashtag #removejoefromL7. 

This is stupid. It's Wednesday night. Stubhub vets know you wait until at least to 24 hours out, because that's when the douchebags that think they can mark up their season tickets way too high finally face reality.

In particular, this is usually when upper-lower class hardos make a frowny face as they lower their tickets down to almost face value, coming to the realization that even though they can afford it, they blew thousands upon thousands of dollars on PSLs for tickets that they could have had for the same price if they were just willing to lay off xvideos for a few minutes after the wife and kids go to sleep on Saturday nights.

The thousands of dollars are well worth it.  In my case, PSL's are a measly $13 a ticket, a pittance considering how ticket prices have gone since a short while ago.

Note 1:  $13 doesn't even buy a beer and a hot dog at MetLife.

Note 2:  Woody Johnson hasn't raised ticket prices since 2008.

Note 3:  Once the Jets are good again [like now] I could sell my $4,000 PSL seats for $5,000 quite easily.

SAR I

jetsickts_zpsuo2qubbp.jpg

In 1982 a Mezz ticket to a Jets game cost $13.

In 2009 that same Mezz ticket to a Jets game cost $115.

That's a 785% increase.

In 2015 that same Mezz ticket with a PSL cost $133.

That's a 16% increase.

No one is complaining about paying 16% more for a brand new stadium except the ignorant. I'd love to know where you were on this issue in 2005 or 2007 or 2009. Were you b:tching about the 785% increase back then?  Because back in the day, this was a real issue.  This PSL stuff is made up.  It's nonsense.

SAR I

i will take the opposite approach.. my grill will be fired up and I will be cooking up a storm at L7.. come on over and throw some steaks on the grill.. I will have a bottle of Captain Morgan waiting for you. 

Done.  I'm there.  I owe you a steak anyway.

SAR I

Try going to the games you goddamn scalper !!!!!!!!

I have 4 seats.

My 14 year old son and I go to all the games.

My wife, 2 other teens, and 1 preschooler have conflicting priorities at present.  High school varsity soccer and travel soccer being the primary culprits.  For these years where the whole family can't join us, I am fortunate that I purchased the smartest seats in the stadium:  Mezz elevation, visitors side, shady side, gate nearest the train, two seats away from Club seats, Row 1.  Except when Geno Smith is under center, I can always get above face value for even the most pedestrian games.

SAR I

Cheapest on stubhub as of a few minutes ago were $80/each.  Cheapest in my section are $250/each (~$100 above face).

I assume there will be deals to be had, but at a glance it appears a 2-0 start has helped increase demand.

I know for a fact that 2 separate resellers bought up a total of at least 475 tix in the upper deck for this game direct from jets group sales, and supply was kinda low after that, so more pressure in the resale market.

Narc them out to stadium security and then spread out, have the luxury of some elbow room.  Cake.  Eating too.

SAR I

Did you sell on stub hub or ticketexchange. If on ticketexchange you aren't liable for trouble that your buyers get into, but on stubhub you can be held liable if security gets involved with tossing people.

I know for a fact that 2 separate resellers bought up a total of at least 475 tix in the upper deck for this game direct from jets group sales, and supply was kinda low after that, so more pressure in the resale market.

pope_francis_I_news.jpg

The Pope seems to be a genuinely congenial fellow despite his Fiat, but his visit couldn't have been planned at a worse time for the NFL aftermarket in New York.  His Holiness is in NYC on Thursday [Giants at MetLife] and in Philadelphia on Sunday [Eagles at MetLife].  Anyone traveling through Manhattan for the Giants tomorrow or from Philadelphia for the Jets on Sunday better say a prayer.

From a Jets Stubhub perspective, the Jewish holiday killed Week 1 and the Pope Francis US Tour 2015 is killing Week 2.

SAR I

Did you sell on stub hub or ticketexchange. If on ticketexchange you aren't liable for trouble that your buyers get into, but on stubhub you can be held liable if security gets involved with tossing people.

StubHub since 2008 and I've been fine except for one Monday night game where a drunken Dolphins fan was unruly.  One of the benefits of being a season ticket holder is that you sit around people who become your friends and look out for you when you're not there, they'd be the ones calling security before anything got too out of hand as I would for them.

SAR I

There is no way you are a 1 %'er. Not even close to it.

"The top 20 percent of income earners bring in a household income of just over $100,000. The top 10 percent of earners have a household income of more than $148,687. To be considered in the top 1 percent, household income is at least $521,411."

http://www.usfunds.com/investor-library/frank-talk/what-does-it-take-to-be-in-the-top-1-percent-not-as-much-as-you-think/#.VgOC0Cu4zuQ

SAR I

"The top 20 percent of income earners bring in a household income of just over $100,000. The top 10 percent of earners have a household income of more than $148,687. To be considered in the top 1 percent, household income is at least $521,411."

http://www.usfunds.com/investor-library/frank-talk/what-does-it-take-to-be-in-the-top-1-percent-not-as-much-as-you-think/#.VgOC0Cu4zuQ

SAR I

I meant 1% in terms of total wealth.

Archived