Fitzmagic

nycdan

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont think it was too harsh, however, maybe I should have left the topic alone and let guys enjoy the win and the Fitzmagic bliss. Fitz statisically is solid, but I believe that its mostly due to the supporting cast around him (when discussing the continuous weekly comparison of him and Geno) at the end of the day I'm rather stoked about my team right now and maybe I should have taken the advice from Dave Chappelle lol. Sometimes its best to just leave sh*t alone, but im glad that you atleast read and understood what I was initially saying :-)

Villain - Fitz threw some beautiful passes today and made a great call on a few runs. he is quick and decisive and gets rid of the ball with a quick release as well. As Kurt Warner said on NFL network " I never threw the ball as hard as I could even when throwing deep passes I preferred the touch pass with more accuracy than trying to use my arm strength all the time" IMHO when a QB has to gun the ball in there he probably missed his window and timing was no longer there.

When Fitz needs to he steps up and puts some mustard on the ball. He does not do it much because he seems to read and react very quickly. He will only get better within the offense.

Also when it comes to WR's making good plays on some bad throws, heh, that's something I think a lot of Jets fans have not seen for a long long time but remember it goes both ways a QB can't make a great throw every passing play its up to the WR's to make sh*t happen as well.

Fitz has performed well against some very good defenses he has not had a push over yet and we are 4-1 :)

Villain - Fitz threw some beautiful passes today and made a great call on a few runs. he is quick and decisive and gets rid of the ball with a quick release as well. As Kurt Warner said on NFL network " I never threw the ball as hard as I could even when throwing deep passes I preferred the touch pass with more accuracy than trying to use my arm strength all the time" IMHO when a QB has to gun the ball in there he probably missed his window and timing was no longer there.

When Fitz needs to he steps up and puts some mustard on the ball. He does not do it much because he seems to read and react very quickly. He will only get better within the offense.

Also when it comes to WR's making good plays on some bad throws, heh, that's something I think a lot of Jets fans have not seen for a long long time but remember it goes both ways a QB can't make a great throw every passing play its up to the WR's to make sh*t happen as well.

Fitz has performed well against some very good defenses he has not had a push over yet and we are 4-1 :)

yeah but the weakness of his arm he can't throw the deep ball!

Besides the fact that this above statement is cute, atleast until he gets to 7 or more wins the statement will be true over the span of his decade career.

The "career loser" is 4-1.  The actual loser is sitting on the bench, sulking.  Because that's what great leaders do.  Sit and sulk while the other guy just wins games.  People want to say Fitz can't win, ignoring the fact that he played with far more horrible teams than Geno did, yet when he QB's us to 4-1, he gets none of the credit.  Because once someone gets proven wrong in emphatic fashion, that's all they can fall back on:  Double standards.  Typical. 

The career loser is 4-1.  The actual loser is sitting on the bench, sulking.  Because that's what great leaders do.  Sit and sulk while the other guy just wins games.  People want to say Fitz can't win, ignoring the fact that he played with far more horrible teams than Geno did, yet when he QB's us to 4-1, he gets none of the credit.  Typical. 

well the laws of physics say we can only win two more games this season with Fitz luckily we have the pats this week we can use one of those wins before we have to start Petty

well the laws of physics say we can only win two more games this season with Fitz luckily we have the pats this week we can use one of those wins before we have to start Petty

Yep.  Based on preconceived notions that are pure nonsense, it is guaranteed that Fitz will go no better than 2-9 the rest of the season. 

The "career loser" is 4-1.  The actual loser is sitting on the bench, sulking.  Because that's what great leaders do.  Sit and sulk while the other guy just wins games.  People want to say Fitz can't win, ignoring the fact that he played with far more horrible teams than Geno did, yet when he QB's us to 4-1, he gets none of the credit.  Because once someone gets proven wrong in emphatic fashion, that's all they can fall back on:  Double standards.  Typical. 

+1

Would Fitz have goaded IK into breaking his face?...... I think not

We can talk about Arm Strength and deep balls all day but that dosent alter the fact that Geno is immature and dumb as box of rocks. I'll take Fitz's smarts and leadership qualities all day over Geno's big arm. 

this was Fitz's best game by far, if we can get this version on a consistent basis we can do some damage. 

For sure it was probably best game he has ever played, that said the TD pass to Marshall was pure luck on a terrible throw. When Old man winter comes calling, not sure how is arm strength is going to allow him to win the important games down the stretch.

Can you tell Villain that?  Seems like he and Pac are the only ones not willing to move on.  Shocking, really.

I'm positive there are a thousand people on our side of the argument who refuse to engage you and the handful of posters trying to spoon feed us this garbage that Fitz is some top tier QB. 

Nothing you or anyone else says will change my mind on the topic.  I think Geno was poised for a breakout year but I'm certainly happy we're 4-1.  Hopefully this D will keep us from having to get in any shoot outs.

Do I think we'd be 4-1 with Geno?  Yes.  I absolutely do.

For sure it was probably best game he has ever played, that said the TD pass to Marshall was pure luck on a terrible throw. When Old man winter comes calling, not sure how is arm strength is going to allow him to win the important games down the stretch.

he had a few bad throws, I am not sure if he got hit on that TD or not but if not at least it wasn't going to be picked like so many earlier in the year.

if we get this version of him we will be tough to beat.

I'm positive there are a thousand people on our side of the argument who refuse to engage you and the handful of posters trying to spoon feed us this garbage that Fitz is some top tier QB. 

Nothing you or anyone else says will change my mind on the topic.  I think Geno was poised for a breakout year but I'm certainly happy we're 4-1.  Hopefully this D will keep us from having to get in any shoot outs.

You still think Chad Pennington and Mark Sanchez were awesome.  Your opinion is invalid.

Again, please show me one post where one person has said anything close to Fitz is a top tier player. I have not seen anything remotely close to this. Fitz is doing what you can expect from him, making mostly good decisions, leading the offense, and not hurting them and letting the playmakers make the plays. I don't think even the biggest Fitz supporters have said he is a top tier QB, or even anything close to that.

And what we would be with Geno is hypothetical, he saw to that when he proved yet again that he has zero leadership ability whatsoever. And despite what the Geno fan club wants to pretend, this is not Madden football, if it were, Cutler would be a God.

Again, please show me one post where one person has said anything close to Fitz is a top tier player. I have not seen anything remotely close to this. Fitz is doing what you can expect from him, making mostly good decisions, leading the offense, and not hurting them and letting the playmakers make the plays. I don't think even the biggest Fitz supporters have said he is a top tier QB, or even anything close to that.

And what we would be with Geno is hypothetical, he saw to that when he proved yet again that he has zero leadership ability whatsoever. And despite what the Geno fan club wants to pretend, this is not Madden football, if it were, Cutler would be a God.

80 and other dopes (not you) have been talking about Fitz with reverential tones since March. 

Look the guy is a smart jag.  I'm happy that he was brought in to be the backup and he's playing fairly well (especially yesterday).  Perhaps I'm not as excited because I've seen this act from Fitzy before.  He had a great start with the Bills, they gave him a billion dollars after the 5th game, then he imploded. 

Marshall, Ivory in a contract year, and a revamped D are more responsible for the  4-1 start.  Fitz did not come in here and make anyone play better..  it's actually the opposite.

Fitz had possibly his best game as a Jet against the Redskins this season and the Jets are 4-1. I have no problem acknowledging this. With that said, there's no need for the continuous comparisons or side comments about Geno Smith now going into week 7. The man cant go out there and prove people right or wrong so I dont see the point. Enjoy the win and the weapons available to the current quarterback. I dont like what I've seen from Geno but atleast im fair with my criticisms. I dont compare a 2015 Porsche offense to a 2014 Pinto and pretend like its fair. I dont do that. 

yeah they sucked, it sure sucks to win.

I bet you think Rivers was incredible yesterday b/c he threw for an insane amount of yards.

Pennington and Sanchez helped lead a greater stretch of Jet football (sans 1 year from Parcells) than anything I'd seen since 85'.  They don't get it.  I think they started watching football in 00'.

But his arm is soooooooo weak!

It is. Though he's very good at short and intermediate throws to big dominating receivers. Hopefully we dont run into a situation where a team figures out that they need to clog the short and intermediate part of the field and force Fitz to go deep. 

If so then your comment will turn from being sarcastic to rather ironic. 

It is. Though he's very good at short and intermediate throws to big dominating receivers. Hopefully we dont run into a situation where a team figures out that they need to clog the short and intermediate part of the field and force Fitz to go deep. 

If so then your comment will turn from being sarcastic to rather ironic. 

less trade for Ryan Mallet, hopefully then we can finally witness the phenomenon Devin Smif

Pennington and Sanchez helped lead a greater stretch of Jet football (sans 1 year from Parcells) than anything I'd seen since 85'.  They don't get it.  I think they started watching football in 00'.

so great one is coaching jv football in West Virginia and the other is holding a clipboard for Sam Bradford

Maybe you've gone to the games and seen Geno sulking. The guy isnt my favorite QB, I dont know why people think this would affect me. The Jets with Fitz is 4-1, you're absolutely right. There is no question about it. 

I hope however, that he remains this "great leader" when we're not playing teams with a record of .500 or below which is what we've played in every game so far. I hope that he remains the great leader and remembers the last time he was 4-1 then proceeded to lose 9 of his next 11 football games. 

Im not wishing that on him. I think he has enough talent around him to not enter such a phase, but all this great leader talk will be displayed for the first time in his career if he in fact does win the the games that (talent wise) we should. The man has no history of it. You know it, yet pretend because momentum is on the side of ignoring the facts. 

Ignoring the fact that there was not team"s" that fitz has played on that was as bad as the team that we put on the field last year as a whole. The Jets was void of any talent at the Skillset position on both sides of the ball for the past 2 years with last year being the low point. 

Like I said, Fitz will receive the benefit of the doubt because his troubles didnt come in a Jets Jersey. He'll get the benefit of the doubt because he's currently 4-1 with the most talented group I have EVER seen the Jets put on the field along with what looks like to be the best coaching group since the Tuna years. 

You guys have the momentum to ignore these things. I'll say it again, Fitz had a very good game and guys like Marshall/Decker/Ivory are really complimenting the offense to keep things moving. Appreciate it,  but I will not make it seem like our success right now stands on the fact of Geno being an "addition by subtraction", when its more than evident that this team, players coaches, culture is different. 

Fitz had himself a good game. Let the man stand on his own instead of continuing to compare him to 2013/14 Geno Smith since comparing "career Fitz" is somehow ridiculous to do given all the excuses. 

so great one is coaching jv football in West Virginia and the other is holding a clipboard for Sam Bradford

and they have many Jet playoff wins between them.

Fitz' claim to fame is having a groovy Wonderlic score and competitive Rubiks Cubing.

and they have many Jet playoff wins between them.

Fitz' claim to fame is having a groovy Wonderlic score and competitive Rubiks Cubing.

dude you need to get a clue.  Fitz has played on nothing but garbage teams his entire career.

Andy Dalton has 0 playoff wins I guess Buttchez is better than him too?

80 and other dopes (not you) have been talking about Fitz with reverential tones since March. 

Look the guy is a smart jag.  I'm happy that he was brought in to be the backup and he's playing fairly well (especially yesterday).  Perhaps I'm not as excited because I've seen this act from Fitzy before.  He had a great start with the Bills, they gave him a billion dollars after the 5th game, then he imploded. 

Marshall, Ivory in a contract year, and a revamped D are more responsible for the  4-1 start.  Fitz did not come in here and make anyone play better..  it's actually the opposite.

I agree with a lot of what you say here.  The part you lose me on is the last part.  I think Fitz makes this team better and it has nothing to do with his play. It's marginal and will be tested soundly next week when we face a 30+ points per game team.  Yet, I think he has his team mates buying in and leading in a way nobody thinks Geno can.  The guy gives a 100% what he he has and his team mates are following his lead. 

Archived