Fitzmagic

nycdan

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow...I started this thread thinking we could declare the debate over and look what happened.  I guess I should know better by now.

This wasn't about who was better - simply pointing out that there is no more controversy.  Fitz has completely claimed the starter's role along with at least some level of patience if/when he does have an off week.  You can argue that Geno opened the door with bad play and 'the punch' but regardless, Fitz has taken the reins and done everything we could reasonably expect and he has this team looking like a playoff team, however much credit you want to give him vs. others.  Good for him.

Fitz has broken VTF. He's lost it.

Shame, I liked him.

I dont have a problem with Fitz peformance. Im just not going to pretend that I dont see the obvious, that this is a collective effort and not on his arm. Our record is based on that half time talk by Bowles that everyone seems to be curious about given the teams response. its about much more that we've never had on this team prior to this one. Fitz just so happens to be at the helm which seems like a good thing.  

Pointing that out and people purposely ignoring it isnt breaking me. Like I said, these will be the same people crying after a loss and wondering is it time to put in Geno. Its more frustrating to see people purposefully misuse my words than what Fitz is doing. If anyone has read any of my comments regarding Fitz peformance this year you would know better. 

Villain, kindly tell us how we're "portraying" Fitz? Not one person here has stated we think he's anything great. Just better than Geno, and pretty clearly so (which isn't all that hard to do). Not sure how a reasonable person can't come to the same conclusion.

We will probably need to reevaluate once the Jets get to six wins.  Since it has already been established that Fitz cannot possibly get to seven or more wins we may need to consider our alternatives.

Thats the problem there. He's better than Geno how? His record? How's he better than Geno, have we seen Geno with this group? No. The statement is nothing more than assumption based on hatred because of past history with lackluster talent and poor coaching. 

But like I told JGB, arguing this is like yelling at a baby, as if a baby would understand your yelling and frustration. It's my fault for even doing so because everything I just said above will be shown irrelvant by the response, because we're dealing with favoritism and hatred, not a good 4-1 record and start to the season. Its continuing to try to throw this man's d""k in the dirt because its fun for people to do that. 

Then watch @jgb ask "who are these "people" you're talking about. lol. 

So I've responded to the two of you and I hope you guys enjoy your Geno bashing and 4-1 record to support the act. 

There are also at least 2 people who believe they have been anal probed by aliens #proof

We will probably need to reevaluate once the Jets get to six wins.  Since it has already been established that Fitz cannot possibly get to seven or more wins we may need to consider our alternatives.

Besides the fact that this above statement is cute, atleast until he gets to 7 or more wins the statement will be true over the span of his decade career. 

Jet fans lol. 

Whatever games you and @Jetsfan80 like to play please keep it to yourself :-)

To try to change the subject to something slightly more pleasant than the never-ending and unresolvable Geno v. Fitz argument unless Geno actually plays this year, it is funny that aliens have the technology to travels light years through space faster than light (otherwise we would've picked up their sitcom signals long before they got here) but they can't scan us to see what we ate for breakfast without sticking something up our butts lol

To try to change the subject to something slightly more pleasant than the never-ending and unresolvable Geno v. Fitz argument unless Geno actually plays this year, it is funny that aliens have the technology to travels light years through space faster than light (otherwise we would've picked up their sitcom signals long before they got here) but they can't scan us to see what we ate for breakfast without sticking something up our butts lol

I dont mind changing the subject. This record will be used to negate my point anyway. I just reread what my original comment was in this thread yet still cant understand how people misunderstand that. I cant do anything about it but stand by what I see. My position is not popular now and hopefully it'll stay that way because that means we're still winning. 

I dont mind changing the subject. This record will be used to negate my point anyway. I just reread what my original comment was in this thread yet still cant understand how people misunderstand that. I cant do anything about it but stand by what I see. My position is not popular now and hopefully it'll stay that way because that means we're still winning. 

You stink at changing the subject lol

Maybe I should bump your "Geno's upside" posts from your other banned accounts?

My other banned accounts, plural? I have never been banned, you banned my brother though, who was living with me for a while. I was not aware he was banned with more than one account. He is a bit off, so I am not shocked.

If people really were about enjoying a freaking "W" (such as yourself) then why do I see threads like this every week and guys like you posting in them? 

Like I said, lets be real here. Seeing threads like this every week is nothing more than insecurity on the part of the fanbase and as soon as the Jets lose a game and Fitz throws 2 or more INT's ( you know, the 1 int he's guaranteed to throw and 2 that his WR's generally save him from but couldnt during this game) you guys will be the very first with a "Geno Smith thread". 

I seen it every week since week 1. You guys are over compensating. We're 4-1 and Fitz was pretty good today. Why throw shots at a guy who has no opportunity to show what he can do with the same level of talent? Either thats plain hating or insecurity, but either way it bullsh*t. 

Good for you for trying to keep it real.  I gave up.  These guys will never acknowledge what you're trying to say even though it's 100 percent accurate.

Yet it makes sense for Geno? I dont see you going out your way to say that Geno played for Bad Jets teams. 

This isnt about people still saying he "sucks". No one said he sucks (in case you was speaking about me indirectly) I said the man is a lucky bastard because alot of his weakness is allowed be covered up by the talent around him. 

That makes sense. You know what doesnt make sense...watching these so-called Jet fans secure with their QB situation create Fitz vs. Geno threads every week. Or watching people talk about how this guy played for bad teams yet cant even recognize when their own Jets team is bad across the board. 

Like I said and will always say, Fitz get the benefit of the doubt because his poor play wasnt in a Jets uniform. That doesnt mean that he sucks now because he's been doing just enough to get by. When it comes to wins/losses thats really all that counts in the end of the day, but putting this dude on a pedestal is just laughable. 

Just enjoy the 4-1 record and get ready for New England.

I don't even know you anymore :P

My other banned accounts, plural? I have never been banned, you banned my brother though, who was living with me for a while. I was not aware he was banned with more than one account. He is a bit off, so I am not shocked.

"brother" equals you off your meds? ;)

Lets not talk about INT's and pick 6's with Fitz as our QB. He's thrown a pick in every game and I can count atleast 4 potential picks that was either broken up by WR's or actually caught on just tremendous plays by our WR's like Marshall. Meanwhile Geno's history was throwing to Stephen Hill. You guys love to pretend because it popular to hate on Geno. Its cool. But if you guys were really as confident as you type then I wouldnt be seeing these Fitzmagic threads every week. It only tells me that when we play a team above .500 and we lose that you guys entire theory will crumble becaue all I see is a bunch of people lying to themselves because they're so thirsty to have an elite franchise QB. 

We're 4-1 because we have a talented team and its been a team effort. Fitz played an overall good game today but he has yet to go a game without that mistake and a couple poor throws. 

You talk about what we "would be" with Geno yet you have no idea. Atleast im talking about what I actually see on the field. Meanwhile you guys are trying to make this guy out to be more than what he is. How about just being content with what he is because at this point its been enough instead of trying to compare him to a guy that has no opportunity to prove you wrong simply because its fun to hate on him. 

Yeah, because all the really good QB's wide receivers faint like goats at the sight of a potential interception.

It's only a fantasy report, but still sucks.  Be nice if Fitz and Devin could figure a way to work together.

Devin Smith did not see a target in the Jets' Week 6 win over the Redskins.

Advice: He operated as New York's fourth receiver behind Brandon Marshall, Eric Decker, and Quincy Enunwa. With Chris Owusu due back in the next two weeks, second-round pick Smith could be pushed further down the depth chart after showing poorly in his previous two games. Smith's vertical-oriented skill set simply isn't a match for Ryan Fitzpatrick's short-ball passing game.

It's only a fantasy report, but still sucks.  Be nice if Fitz and Devin could figure a way to work together.

Devin Smith did not see a target in the Jets' Week 6 win over the Redskins.

Advice: He operated as New York's fourth receiver behind Brandon Marshall, Eric Decker, and Quincy Enunwa. With Chris Owusu due back in the next two weeks, second-round pick Smith could be pushed further down the depth chart after showing poorly in his previous two games. Smith's vertical-oriented skill set simply isn't a match for Ryan Fitzpatrick's short-ball passing game.

smith was open multiple times underneath.  fitz doesn't trust him.  it has nothing to do with vertical or short

smith was open multiple times underneath.  fitz doesn't trust him.  it has nothing to do with vertical or short

Not sure it has much to do with trust either.  Sure Devin has been open and not targeted.  But he's also been open plenty of times this season and Fitz has targeted him.  Those times either Devin is doing something horribly wrong that causes him to be a couple yards away from the throw, or Fitz for whatever reason isn't accurate with his throws.

Are we done? Are we done questioning the Conquering Hero? He remains the best QB on the roster (pending Petty's development). Go away now, Geno fans.

He made me (gladly) eat some crow today. Outside of one play, he was lights out.

Good for you for trying to keep it real.  I gave up.  These guys will never acknowledge what you're trying to say even though it's 100 percent accurate.

I dont think it was too harsh, however, maybe I should have left the topic alone and let guys enjoy the win and the Fitzmagic bliss. Fitz statisically is solid, but I believe that its mostly due to the supporting cast around him (when discussing the continuous weekly comparison of him and Geno) at the end of the day I'm rather stoked about my team right now and maybe I should have taken the advice from Dave Chappelle lol. Sometimes its best to just leave sh*t alone, but im glad that you atleast read and understood what I was initially saying :-)

Archived