Kick Returner

#bman

Is their anyone in the league who we can trade with? Jets special teams are terrible. Zach Stacy should not be returning kicks. Hopefully they can get Owosu back there soon. I'd even try Cro is certain situations. We need a burner back there.

I brought this is up following the Dolphins game along with the rest of the rest of the special teams.  Was largely ignored and chastised for my insensitive thread title.  Zac Stacy might be the worst returner I've ever seen.   I don't see the Packers using John Kuhn. Same skill sets.

the KOR is dead.    I'm not sure of the official stat, but it looks like most teams average 3 touch backs per game.  the NFL leader in attempts has only 13 in 5 games.  let the best back up player do it and don't lose sleep over it

the KOR is dead.    I'm not sure of the official stat, but it looks like most teams average 3 touch backs per game.  the NFL leader in attempts has only 13 in 5 games.  let the best back up player do it and don't lose sleep over it

I get your point but just because there are less opportunities to run back KR's doesn't mean that we shouldn't use someone who at least has the potential to run one back to the house (or at least get starting field position passed the 30). 

Agreed, but the 1 in 4 times you need a return, Stacy is a trainwreck. He may be the slowest Kick off returner in the history of the NFL. Even if he got a seem to break one, he would get caught from behind by the kicker. 

Nobody should be returning kicks.  Just take a knee and start at the 20.  Kerley has been doing a nice job with the punts this season IMO.

I'm not sure why more teams don't do this.  No risk for a fumble or a holding penalty - and it seems like a "good" return just reaches the 20 anyway...

I get your point but just because there are less opportunities to run back KR's doesn't mean that we shouldn't use someone who at least has the potential to run one back to the house (or at least get starting field position passed the 30). 

Agreed, but the 1 in 4 times you need a return, Stacy is a trainwreck. He may be the slowest Kick off returner in the history of the NFL. Even if he got a seem to break one, he would get caught from behind by the kicker. 

among qualified returners, stacy is ahead of brandon tate.  the position is a concussion, knee injury waiting to happen. 

I remember leon johnson, morton, leon washington, those guys can change a game for you

I just think the league has gotten away from it to the degree you don't invest much in it

It's amazing we don't have anyone better. Even a guy like Smith would offer a threat, which is all you want considering how less relevant they are now anyways. Having a clogger who's only going to struggle to get to the 20 consistently is pretty bizarre. It's not like punt returning where you need someone skilled and reliable.

among qualified returners, stacy is ahead of brandon tate.  the position is a concussion, knee injury waiting to happen. 

I remember leon johnson, morton, leon washington, those guys can change a game for you

I just think the league has gotten away from it to the degree you don't invest much in it

You forgot one of Westoffs favorites Brad Smith..:)

You guys go to the trouble of mentioning Leon Johnson and Chad Morton and then have to add on Brad Smith without mentioning Justin Miller?  He was the best of the bunch.  FWIW, Cromartie is as good as it gets, but I wouldn't use him.  Take the touchback.  I don't think Stacy has been good, but I think he is doing it because of injuries and adding a player to return kicks in 2015 is among the more senseless ideas IMO.

Nobody should be returning kicks.  Just take a knee and start at the 20.  Kerley has been doing a nice job with the punts this season IMO.

Funny story, at the Jets + Chefs event I attended Sat.  I got to meet Bruce Harper and the first thing I asked him was what do you think of the new Kick Off?

He said the exact same thing as you.  Why even have the play anymore?  Just put the ball at the 20 and go. 

You guys go to the trouble of mentioning Leon Johnson and Chad Morton and then have to add on Brad Smith without mentioning Justin Miller?  He was the best of the bunch.  FWIW, Cromartie is as good as it gets, but I wouldn't use him.  Take the touchback.  I don't think Stacy has been good, but I think he is doing it because of injuries and adding a player to return kicks in 2015 is among the more senseless ideas IMO.

Oh man, there is a name I haven't thought about in a while. Never panned out at corner (thus being a failed draft pick) but was definitely a decent return man. 

Archived