We need another RB

joewilly12

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Isn't he still under contract? I guess we could trade for him and pick up his $7M salary next year, but I might wait.  Makes as much sense as Ray Rice though.

Sense would be to have a viable backup RB on the roster prior to yesterdays game many of us were worried when we only dressed 2 RBs and one was Stacey

Ray Rice is available and would  come cheap vet minimum why not take at chance at this point we have nothing to lose 

Look what CJ is doing in Arizona 

Sense would be to have a viable backup RB on the roster prior to yesterdays game many of us were worried when we only dressed 2 RBs and one was Stacey

Ray Rice is available and would  come cheap vet minimum why not take at chance at this point we have nothing to lose 

Look what CJ is doing in Arizona 

What does what Chris Johnson is doing in Arizona have to do with Ray Rice?  Every team is avoiding Rice like the plague.  Sure he is being blackballed to some extent, but if he could play they'd forget that right quick.  Stacy is a "viable backup."  So is Bilal Powell.  So is Stevan Ridley.  No amount of romanticizing free agents changes that.  They are not pro bowl players.  Big whoop.

On the surface, Chris Johnson was probably a hold. He played well last year for us the second half.

I think he, Vick and Harvin are the kind of guys you do not want around a young staff, but I guess that is what you meant by "on the surface."  At least Harvin has the benefit of being a bit young and having some sunken cost.  I guess they are carrying some dead money for Johnson, but I'm glad they dumped him.  FWIW, I thought I was the only one that didn't think that Johnson was an outright horror last year.  He was much worse catching passes than I'd hoped, but he didn't seem like such a disaster running the ball to me.  Worst part was basically him taking carries from a healthy Ivory.

I wanted Gurly or Johnson in the draft as much as I love Ivory there is always the chance he gets hurt due to the way he runs .

If the Jets truly feel they are a SB contender then they go and get Forte before the trade deadline. Yes hes 30 and yes he has a big contract but if you want a SB that's what you have to do. Forte and Ivory would be the best RB tandem in the NFL and give Fitz the best check down option there is available. He would truly make our offense elite

This team can easily get 2-3 years out of Forte and lets face it we are built to win now or we would not have signed a 30 year old WR and 2.. 30 year old corners

This

What does what Chris Johnson is doing in Arizona have to do with Ray Rice?  Every team is avoiding Rice like the plague.  Sure he is being blackballed to some extent, but if he could play they'd forget that right quick.  Stacy is a "viable backup."  So is Bilal Powell.  So is Stevan Ridley.  No amount of romanticizing free agents changes that.  They are not pro bowl players.  Big whoop.

I think he, Vick and Harvin are the kind of guys you do not want around a young staff, but I guess that is what you meant by "on the surface."  At least Harvin has the benefit of being a bit young and having some sunken cost.  I guess they are carrying some dead money for Johnson, but I'm glad they dumped him.  FWIW, I thought I was the only one that didn't think that Johnson was an outright horror last year.  He was much worse catching passes than I'd hoped, but he didn't seem like such a disaster running the ball to me.  Worst part was basically him taking carries from a healthy Ivory.

yeah, on the surface meaning he's clearly better than Powell and Stacy(and probably Ridley too). He was way better the second half than the first. 

Matt Forte averaged 3.9 ypc in 2014.  Ray Rice hasn't played since 2013 when he averaged 3.1 ypc.  These are the guys you are trumpeting while you insult Stevan Ridley.  It's tragi-comical.

Matt Forte plays on a team with a horrible offensive line and his running ability is not even what we should be after. He's a great receiver out of the backfield, something we lack. This team has zero outlets/check downs for the QB we have no TE and no one who is a receiving threat out of the backfield. Forte would open up the entire offense and he is a dynamic player in both the screen game and making something out of nothing. He's 30 and will not have to be the main back here which may add years to his career if Chicago is willing to trade him (which they obviously are) we talk to him about a restructure with that in mind, since this is a good place for him to possibly extend his career and get a SB, and see if its doable .

Contract: 4 yr(s) / $30,400,000
Signing Bonus $4,000,000
Average Salary $7,600,000
Guaranteed $17,100,000
Free Agent: 2016 / UFA
Year   Age Base Salary Signing Bonus Roster Bonus Workout Bonus Cap Hit Dead Cap
2012 Contract details by year 26 $800,000 $1,000,000 $5,000,000 - $6,800,000 -
2013 Contract details by year 27 $1,700,000 $1,000,000 $4,568,750 - $7,268,750 $7,000,000
2014 Contract details by year 28 $5,950,000 $1,000,000 $850,000 $100,000 $7,900,000 $2,100,000
2015 Contract details by year 29 $7,050,000 $1,000,000 $1,050,000 $100,000 $9,200,000 $1,100,000
2016 Free Agent Year 30 UFA  
Contract Notes:
  • $17.1 million guaranteed
  • $9.8M initially guaranteed
  • Signing Bonus: $4 million
  • 2012 Roster Bonus: $5 million
  • 2013 Roster Bonus: $4.5 million
  • 2013 Per-Game Bonus: $500,000
  • 2014 Per Game Bonus: $850,000
  • 2015 Per Game Bonus: $1.05 million
  • 2013-15 Workout Bonus: $100,000
  • Incentives: $4 million
  • 1,625 Combined Yards: $400,000
  • 15 TD: $100,000

Ummm... I'm a fan of Stacey and think he should get more carries. The only obvious problem is ivory looks great and there's no reason to  give carries to someone else.

Am I the only one that likes Stacey? Weird. 

I don't get the hate...has he really had enough opportunities to say he's a JAG? I don't see it that way.

In hindsight probably should've picked up Pierre Thomas. But hey 4-2 and played the best team in NFL tough. Could be--and has been--a helluva lot worse.

He's still available and nobody else is picking up either, even though they have their stud RBs failing or hurt.

Ummm... I'm a fan of Stacey and think he should get more carries. The only obvious problem is ivory looks great and there's no reason to  give carries to someone else.

Am I the only one that likes Stacey? Weird. 

I don't get the hate...has he really had enough opportunities to say he's a JAG? I don't see it that way.

I didn't care for the Stacy trade when they made it. I didn't mind him sticking to the roster, but not there's a reason Jeff Fisher had Benny Cunningham ahead of him, and then drafted Tre Mason and Todd Gurley to replace him.

If we weren't still wiping away the stench of the circus Rice wouldn't be a bad guy to kick the tires on. He looked good last preseason before the second video came out. Stacy is horrible. 

Second chance he made a mistake people are so damn judgmental until its them who make a mistake. Ray Rice would come cheap and have a chip on his shoulder.

Second chance he made a mistake people are so damn judgmental until its them who make a mistake. Ray Rice would come cheap and have a chip on his shoulder.

Funny how we only want to give second chances to the guys we want to sign.  The other guys should be locked up.  :rolleyes:

Ivory best in the NFL 

Stacey a JAG  Powell? 

Ray Rice 

Discuss negative rep me hate me we need a change of pace back 

I gave you a negative rep just for mentioning the words "need" and "Ray Rice" in the same post.

He's still available and nobody else is picking up either, even though they have their stud RBs failing or hurt.

to be completely accurate he has gotten at least one deal that he rejected. So someone out there liked what they saw after a workout. Plus he is exactly what the jets lack: a pass catching third down back. 

to be completely accurate he has gotten at least one deal that he rejected. So someone out there liked what they saw after a workout. Plus he is exactly what the jets lack: a pass catching third down back. 

I'm just saying he's still out there, your post sounded like we missed out on him.

Agree though, I think he'd fill a huge hole in this offense.

I'm just saying he's still out there, your post sounded like we missed out on him.

Agree though, I think he'd fill a huge hole in this offense.

ya we did miss out on him in the sense we couldve been using him for 6 weeks. Do i think it wouldve made a win/loss difference? Probably not but who knows. 

Archived