We need another RB

joewilly12

Well I'm glad you can take the thought of the WR position as a whole into the future and then narrow it down to talk about this weekend when that's not what my post was in reference to. That's like saying someone is obese because of the pizza they ate this one time. If you want to talk about receivers for this weekend, fine but don't quote my post about which that has nothing to do with.

You don't like me quoting you?  Ever so sorry. 

It's not just this weekend.  Marshall is old and volatile. Smith has looked like sh*t.  Hopefully, that is just from missing camp.  Decker is not the most durable dude.  Kerley barely sees the field.  They obviously hate him. Owusu was the #3 and he seems like he is probably done.  The season isn't at halfway and he has had knee surgery and 47 more concussions.  Enunwa?  He probably only made the team because they didn't have a TE worth a nickel in camp.  It's a passing league and this team has 4 guys that have been feature backs.  They will have to address the fact that Ivory is a FA, but WR is more of a need than RB now AND in the future.  Of course QB is bigger need than both, but we don't need to go there in this thread, do we?  When you see that fat **** eating pizza you know why he is fat, just like when I watched our WRs last week I knew we were going to need some more.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You don't like me quoting you?  Ever so sorry. 

It's not just this weekend.  Marshall is old and volatile. Smith has looked like sh*t.  Hopefully, that is just from missing camp.  Decker is not the most durable dude.  Kerley barely sees the field.  They obviously hate him. Owusu was the #3 and he seems like he is probably done.  The season isn't at halfway and he has had knee surgery and 47 more concussions.  Enunwa?  He probably only made the team because they didn't have a TE worth a nickel in camp.  It's a passing league and this team has 4 guys that have been feature backs.  They will have to address the fact that Ivory is a FA, but WR is more of a need than RB now AND in the future.  Of course QB is bigger need than both, but we don't need to go there in this thread, do we?  When you see that fat **** eating pizza you know why he is fat, just like when I watched our WRs last week I knew we were going to need some more.

Having 4 guys who have been feature running backs is not the same as having four solid running backs. Especially since they are very lacking in one that can catch out of the backfield. I don't think we need another RB and would agree WR in the future could be a problem. I'm not sure what position on the roster of how the Jets are currently rolling out you couldn't say that about. The team RIGHT NOW is in a roster crunch and with all of the nicks and bumps and bruises, there isn't much room to add anyone off of the street.

Are we not forgiving people anymore? When Vick was our QB a year ago? Really all of you are so morally perfect that you refuse to give Rice a chance to redeem himself? We desperately need another back. Stacy blows and Powell has lost a step I admit it. Powell has looked so subpar this year compared to his previous years. 

Are we not forgiving people anymore? When Vick was our QB a year ago? Really all of you are so morally perfect that you refuse to give Rice a chance to redeem himself? We desperately need another back. Stacy blows and Powell has lost a step I admit it. Powell has looked so subpar this year compared to his previous years. 

I don't dislike Rice for has past transgressions.  I dislike him because he is an older RB, with a lot of miles, and if you watched him in his last year in Baltimore, he was not fast anymore. 

on what planet is Ray rice still an effective back?  Because on planet earth 32 NFL GM's disagree with you

he had ONE down season where he was hurt, he isn't playing today b/c of the tape and the tape alone.  don't allow silly whispers about one down season while playing hurt fool you.  he'd still be an upper echelon back and would be a great receiving threat out of the backfield at a bare minimum.

I don't dislike Rice for has past transgressions.  I dislike him because he is an older RB, with a lot of miles, and if you watched him in his last year in Baltimore, he was not fast anymore. 

he is fresh, healthy and ready to go.  he wasn't fast his last year b/c he was HURT and playing through it.

Aside from our ill fated bet, that would still be a monster risk pick considering the injury.  Who knows though, if Williams was gone maybe they consider it?

I'm not comfortable with the use of "monster" risk when talking about someone like Gurley. No such thing. The real monster risk is passing on them.

Couple things--

1) RBs in today's NFL overcome injuries. I'm not asking you to disregard an ACL, but it's not the red flag it once was. 

2) You can't go blacklisting Gurley-type players with "monster risk" tags as you would with a Dan Herron JAG player. By all accounts R. Gronkowski as been a huge injury liability throughout his career... still, you take chances on them because look what happens when they're healthy. 10 game healthy stretch could mean a SB championship. 

3) if it was such a monster risk, why did a professional football organization with trainers, scouts and doctors go head and select him in the top 10 anyway? 

If I Was the Jets , I would look at Dri Archer who the Steelers just released .     He might be a nice complement to Chris Ivory skills.     Could be the Jets version of Thunder and Lightning .    

unless I am missing something, he didn't log a single yard in 8 games

this is how his 2015 is going

No statistics available.

ouch

unless I am missing something, he didn't log a single yard in 8 games

this is how his 2015 is going

No statistics available.

ouch

Just because a coaching staff isn't using it's players , doesn't mean that player is at fault.    ( might be on the coaching staff than on a player.      See last year Raider team when Raiders kept giving carries to Dmac and Maurice Jones- Drew, and Latavius Murray  couldn't get  a carry.  ( took them most of the season before giving him a chance)    Or they moved Taiwan Jones to CB .    ( wouldn't give him a chance on offense)

I would feel much better about a player who wasn't given a chance, than a player given a chance ,but who crapped the bed. 

The Jets have their main Rb - Chris Ivory.  They need a Rb that can be change of speed back.    Dri Archer would bring much needed speed to the Jets offense.

Just because a coaching staff isn't using it's players , doesn't mean that player is at fault.    ( might be on the coaching staff than on a player.      See last year Raider team when Raiders kept giving carries to Dmac and Maurice Jones- Drew, and Latavius Murray  couldn't get  a carry.  ( took them most of the season before giving him a chance)    Or they moved Taiwan Jones to CB .    ( wouldn't give him a chance on offense)

I would feel much better about a player who wasn't given a chance, than a player given a chance ,but who crapped the bed. 

The Jets have their main Rb - Chris Ivory.  They need a Rb that can be change of speed back.    Dri Archer would bring much needed speed to the Jets offense.

he wasn't claimed or signed

from a  steelers fan

Archer isnt NFL caliber. He proved that to the dismay of Steelers fans. Its one thing to excel at the college level, but in the NFL, its another. Archer is:

1) Hesitant runner.
2) Acts fearful of contact
3) Goes down with light contact
4) Worthless blocker

Titans waived RB Terrance West.

A third-round pick of the Browns just last season, mediocre play and a poor attitude caused Cleveland to give West away for a conditional seventh-round pick which will now not transfer. West saw 13 carries in his first game with Tennessee, but he has not been active since Week 2. West has the talent and draft pedigree to earn another shot, but two running back needy teams simply giving up on him raises serious red flags. CB B.W. Webb was promoted from the practice squad in a corresponding move, but this roster spot will eventually belong to David Cobb (calf, IR/recall), who is expected to be activated next week.

I'm not comfortable with the use of "monster" risk when talking about someone like Gurley. No such thing. The real monster risk is passing on them.

Couple things--

1) RBs in today's NFL overcome injuries. I'm not asking you to disregard an ACL, but it's not the red flag it once was. 

2) You can't go blacklisting Gurley-type players with "monster risk" tags as you would with a Dan Herron JAG player. By all accounts R. Gronkowski as been a huge injury liability throughout his career... still, you take chances on them because look what happens when they're healthy. 10 game healthy stretch could mean a SB championship. 

3) if it was such a monster risk, why did a professional football organization with trainers, scouts and doctors go head and select him in the top 10 anyway? 

It doesn't matter if it was todd gurley or the most jag rb you can  think of, coming off a wrecked knee and using a pick that high it is a monster risk because for every adrain peterson recovery there are two guys that lose just enough that they are not the dominant player they were.

You have picked out gurley and gronk, perhaps we should have used a top 10 pick on Marcus lattimore?  

You are basing your point on the rams and only the rams?  You can't be bringing in the old, they did it so we should have done it can you?  St. Louis took a big risk and it paid off your them, good on them.  It was still a risk. 

If I Was the Jets , I would look at Dri Archer who the Steelers just released .     He might be a nice complement to Chris Ivory skills.     Could be the Jets version of Thunder and Lightning .  

I was thinking Archer too.  At the least, he is an upgrade at KR.   What is wrong with him that Pittsburgh cut bait?

he wasn't claimed or signed

from a  steelers fan

Archer isnt NFL caliber. He proved that to the dismay of Steelers fans. Its one thing to excel at the college level, but in the NFL, its another. Archer is:

1) Hesitant runner.
2) Acts fearful of contact
3) Goes down with light contact
4) Worthless blocker

I was thinking Archer too.  At the least, he is an upgrade at KR.   What is wrong with him that Pittsburgh cut bait?

It doesn't matter if it was todd gurley or the most jag rb you can  think of, coming off a wrecked knee and using a pick that high it is a monster risk because for every adrain peterson recovery there are two guys that lose just enough that they are not the dominant player they were.

You have picked out gurley and gronk, perhaps we should have used a top 10 pick on Marcus lattimore?  

You are basing your point on the rams and only the rams?  You can't be bringing in the old, they did it so we should have done it can you?  St. Louis took a big risk and it paid off your them, good on them.  It was still a risk. 

I don't think we're on the same page brother. Gurley's ACL, and Lattimore's swiss cheese knee is nothing more than hyperbole comparison. I don't feel the same way about injuries you do, not with guys like Gurley. Brain injury? different story. 

But i'm taking Gurley every day of the week. 

I don't think we're on the same page brother. Gurley's ACL, and Lattimore's swiss cheese knee is nothing more than hyperbole comparison. I don't feel the same way about injuries you do, not with guys like Gurley. Brain injury? different story. 

But i'm taking Gurley every day of the week. 

What makes Gurleys knee just an injury and lattimores a swiss cheese knee other than now, after the fact we know that one recovered well and the other did not.

What makes Gurleys knee just an injury and lattimores a swiss cheese knee other than now, after the fact we know that one recovered well and the other did not.

Huh? Did you see the Lattimore's injury? and history there of? ...I know the answer already - you do. 

Not sure if serious. 

this is either a lazy or ignorant comparison... Lattimore's 2011 ACL tear was on his left knee, which he was able to repair and come back the following year, 2012 Lattimore shredded every ligament in his knee (ACL, PCL, MCL, LCL ) so the structural integrity was completely destroyed, not to mention he also broke his femur and patella with that... It's one of the most gruesome injuries I've ever seen. I was nervous about taking gurley off an injury as well but his talent is unreal and it looks like the risk was worth it in hindsight. Fortunately for the jets it looks like there's a new generation of young RB's ready to break into the league so maybe we can get a chubb/elliott/fournette (please god) to be our franchise back of the future

Archived