Bronco's acquire Vernon Davis for 2 late round picks

joewilly12

Broncos acquired TE Vernon Davis and a 2016 seventh-round pick from the 49ers in exchange for a sixth-round pick in 2016 and an additional sixth-round pick in 2017.

Davis, 31, has been in and out of the lineup for San Francisco this season, securing 18-of-29 targets for 294 yards and no touchdowns. He hasn't scored a TD since Week 1 of the 2014 season. Still, Davis has looked dynamic in open space when given opportunities and will give the Broncos a needed inside-the-numbers presence between Demaryius Thomas and Emmanuel Sanders. Owen Daniels has looked all out of gas at age 33, while the Broncos fancy Virgil Green as a block-first tight end. Davis has a better chance at sustaining low-end TE1 value in Denver than he did with Colin Kaepernick. Garrett Celek will take over as the 49ers' starting tight end, with Vance McDonald and Blake Bell behind him.

He's a good fit for what may be Peytons last year but not on the Jets who don't even know who their QB is for the Jags game..

Any TE with a pulse in this league is a good fit for us.  Cumberland is total vomit and if the others can;t beat him out they are vomit as well.

I thought the Broncos would get blown out by GB. Instead they played inspired and Peyton looked pretty good.  We should be trading players FOR picks not trading picks for players.

It's a little early for that.

If Brees were available, I think you might change your tune. He'd make a huge difference on this team.

Peyton played his last game as a Colt against Jets and lost at home. 

It would be heroic if Jets somehow made it to the playoffs and travelled to Denver and beat Broncos thus giving Manning his last defeat in the NFL. 

The New York Jets started the Tom Brady era, maybe Jets will close the Manning era. 

I thought the Broncos would get blown out by GB. Instead they played inspired and Peyton looked pretty good.  We should be trading players FOR picks not trading picks for players.

great point! We have a logjam up front & inside where holding is now completely legal. I'm hoping Mac is watching & understanding where draft picks are the most important. Raiders were all over Cooper, they have smart people now drafting. Too bad he didn't fall to us, not that we have anyone to throw him the ball. If Jets have to trade Mo, let's hope there's a team stupid enough to give us a couple of picks for him. Paying him 3/4 of Suhs contract is asinine (Ninkovich makes as many plays for the Patriots).

The Droncos are gonna win the Superbowl this year.

Seriously, their defense is like Seattle 2013.

manning is too limited in what throws he can make now plus the home games in Denver in the wind and snow actually put him in a disadvantage.  I think it will be Pats-Hawks again.

The Droncos are gonna win the Superbowl this year.

See, if you root for the "right" team, you can have high expectations that are met. Denver will lose in NE in the AFCCG, but they'll almost get to the SB. I would drop the Jets for Denver if I were you as well. Nice move!

Archived