Rex names IK captain

Rexorcism

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Simply not true.  If he hit him with a clean hit during a game, still classless - but a bit more understandable considering this is Rex.  That's not what happened here - what IK did was criminal and should not be glorified.

Look IK has a thug mentality as does Geno to a much lesser degree if you look at his past history pushing 71 year old coaches.. Hit Brady with a clean shot??LOL You never saw any posts from Jet fans that want Brady crippled.. Geno got in a locker room fight that never would have happened if he was a honorable guy.. It amazes me that some fans are shocked that football players fight.. Ask Marty Lyons what Klecko said to him one time..

I'm not that old!

Namath was a party animal and was coming into practice and games hung over.. Weeb told some team leaders maybe if we make him a captain he would take some responsibility and cut down on the partying.. Gerry Philbin was pissed about it but it did work to a degree but it wasn't something Joe really earned by setting a example. The one thing that kept Philbin from going after Joe was he knew he would have been gone.. But he busted his chops every time he could..

Namath was a party animal and was coming into practice and games hung over.. Weeb told some team leaders maybe if we make him a captain he would take some responsibility and cut down on the partying.. Gerry Philbin was pissed about it but it did work to a degree but it wasn't something Joe really earned by setting a example. The one thing that kept Philbin from going after Joe was he knew he would have been gone.. But he busted his chops every time he could..

I could see why a coach would try that with a young franchise QB you drafted , I wouldn't try it with a diva WR who is only on your team because he got kicked off one of the leagues premier franchises.

That was what I assumed the Holmes thing was about.  Either way, it backfired pretty badly.

Maybe you liked it, but you probably shouldn't speak for the rest of us.  I didn't like the rex hire to begin with, and hated every minute of him being the Jets coach.  

I liked the Rex hire and (for the most part) liked him as a coach, but I had no use for this sh*t. I don't think that it riled up the other team or hurt in the W-L column, but I still hated it.

and yet no one would back Geno.

And yet to you no one backed Geno.  And yet no one said anything to back IK.   Players said it shouldn't have happened, could have been avoided.  Thats not going against him, thats not saying they dont like him.  It proves nothing either way

And yet to you no one backed Geno.  And yet no one said anything to back IK.   Players said it shouldn't have happened, could have been avoided.  Thats not going against him, thats not saying they dont like him.  It proves nothing either way

Who do you think they like better Geno or Fitz??

the 2 got into an argument, geno basically dared him to punch him and he got punched.  I am not saying what IK did was right but it was 2 grown men getting physical, he didn't walk up to him out of nowhere and punch him in the back.

Where the frig do you get this?  When did Geno dare him to punch him?  Why do you and other Geno haters go out of your way to make shlt up about the guy.  There are plenty of legitimate reasons to dislike Geno.  To add to it, this isn't two men getting physical, this is a guy taking matters into his hands and attacking another.  Stop with the BS and call it what it is.  How the hell do you know he didn't just walk up to him and punch him out? And if IK screamed at him for a minute or so that makes it better?  

Who do you think they like better Geno or Fitz??

How about I don't have a clue.  Neither do you.  But you'll keep saying it.

More to the point, why does it make a difference?  You honestly don't think their is a long history in this league of number 1 QBs who were hated by some teammates and their backups loved?  

But you've posted that Geno deserved to be punched and backed up Rex and his cheap, classless clown show move with IK

How about I don't have a clue.  Neither do you.  But you'll keep saying it.

More to the point, why does it make a difference?  You honestly don't think their is a long history in this league of number 1 QBs who were hated by some teammates and their backups loved?  

The team breathed a sigh of relief when they found out Fitz could still play.. Your right I guess they means the wanted Geno..:)

The team breathed a sigh of relief when they found out Fitz could still play.. Your right I guess they means the wanted Geno..:)

Again, how the hell do you know how they felt when Geno was out.

When and how did the entire team breath a sigh of relief?  

Im not wrong, or a your.  When someone admits that they don't know and that you don't know, its not an invitation to prove that you're right

who cares about IK? he was gone and no one backed Geno. 

Again, how the hell do you know how they felt when Geno was out.

When and how did the entire team breath a sigh of relief?  

Im not wrong, or a your.  When someone admits that they don't know and that you don't know, its not an invitation to prove that you're right

I said you were right and I read the sigh of relief thing in the media.. Although BM and others did come out and say they were happy to see Fitz could still play.. 

Remember all the Jet fans that cheered when Pennington got hurt?? They weren't real sensitive then were they??

Sav-You always want to seem to bucket fans in one hole or another. One side or the other? Why do you need to do that?

I try to keep the conversations about what I think. My opinions. 

You have great opinions. I don't necessarily agree with them all, and that is fine.

But why try to always talk about "segments" of jet fans. Seems judgmental.

I responded to your post that you quoted me in.  should I just ignore it and move on? what kind of discussion board would that be?

You keep repeating the same thing over and over again, it's your assumption over and over again.  I keep saying we don't know.  You believe you do.  Yes, there's no reason to continue.  

You keep repeating the same thing over and over again, it's your assumption over and over again.  I keep saying we don't know.  You believe you do.  Yes, there's no reason to continue.  

Why would the Jets players publicly not back Geno if they were doing so privately? if anything it would be the other way around. 

And the question is, what does trying to straighten out your star player, the leagues star player from enjoying NYC bachelor life, have him take his leadership role more seriously have to do with making a guy on the fringe of your roster, who attacked a player on the opposing team a one game captain?  Knowing full well the shltstorm it would create?  A player who in no way, shape or form should ever be a captain given his talent, contribution or personality you feel is comparable to Namath?  That is as foolish as any analogy, ever

Why would the Jets players publicly not back Geno if they were doing so privately? if anything it would be the other way around. 

why can't you stop asking why I need to prove a negative? 

That the answer is a few backed Geno and most said it should never have gotten to that point and not one said IK was right doesn't back your feeling that he isn't liked. No matter how many times you repeat yourself. 

And the question is, what does trying to straighten out your star player, the leagues star player from enjoying NYC bachelor life, have him take his leadership role more seriously have to do with making a guy on the fringe of your roster, who attacked a player on the opposing team a one game captain?  Knowing full well the shltstorm it would create?  A player who in no way, shape or form should ever be a captain given his talent, contribution or personality you feel is comparable to Namath?  That is as foolish as any analogy, ever

See.  Here it is.

IK is not a "team captain."  He is going out for the coin toss.  As you said, he is a one game captain. Plenty of sh*theads get trotted out there for the one game.  The purpose of Savage's story was to compare what Weeb did with Namath to what Rex tried to do with Holmes.  It didn't work with Holmes, though it may have worked to a degree with Namath.  I was already complaining about people comparing the Holmes and Ik situations.  If the Jets locker room is anything like this ******* sewing circle, it would actually make perfect sense.  Such a nonsensical thing going on for 10+ pages?  Mission accomplished.

why can't you stop asking why I need to prove a negative? 

That the answer is a few backed Geno and most said it should never have gotten to that point and not one said IK was right doesn't back your feeling that he isn't liked. No matter how many times you repeat yourself. 

you can ignore the facts all you want.

You realize the discussion was about Holmes right??? When did IK become part of it?? The coin flip captain lasts for about a minute it's not the same as being a team captain which Namath and Holmes were..

you can ignore the facts all you want.

This may help.  I'll bet it won't.

fact (făkt)

• n.
    Knowledge or information based on real occurrences:  an account based on fact; a blur of fact and fancy. 
  • n.
    Something demonstrated to exist or known to have existed:  Genetic engineering is now a fact. 

Archived