Weren't we just unlucky?

nico002

im raging as much as anybody, but to me this game was lost due to pure dumb luck.

- a pass that should have been a 25 yard gain, off the hands of the wr for a pick

- fumble kick off return for td, those types of plays are always purely random 

Those two plays decided the game, we were basically in catch up mode the rest of the way.

Dom is right , the Bills went into a shell, tried to run out the clock with 20 minutes left in the game, and looked like they were actually trying to lose the game on purpose , and we somehow still couldn't win.

We had the ball 2nd and goal on the two...and the 3rd and 4th down plays might have been the two worst calls you can make.

A pass behind the line of scrimmage on the goal line (So everyone is boxed in to make a tackle) it's a dumb play when the team is spread out....Idiotic on the goal line.

A fade route to a guy that doesn't play, a fade route on 4th down is a dumb play (almost never works) but to a guy that never gets the ball is idiotic.

Run the ball two more times...simply no question in my mind they get the 1st down.

Dom is right , the Bills went into a shell, tried to run out the clock with 20 minutes left in the game, and looked like they were actually trying to lose the game on purpose , and we somehow still couldn't win.

The turnovers put us in a 22-3 hole in the 3rd Quarter.  We fought back and could have won but fell short.  I like Bowles i thought he made the correct calls in going for the TDs in the 4th quarter rather than the FGs. Unfortunately we fell short.  

and should have been a penalty. the pats have ruined the game

Hate to inform you, but Brady and Belichick did not invent the pick play.  They have been run as long as there has been a forward pass.  I can't believe how sloppy they have gotten.  It is really easy to look back at the QB and run into a DB or LB while running your route. I could do it at the NFL level right now.  Somehow now everybody just goes out and blocks and then the refs have to decide when to flag it.

We had the ball 2nd and goal on the two...and the 3rd and 4th down plays might have been the two worst calls you can make.

A pass behind the line of scrimmage on the goal line (So everyone is boxed in to make a tackle) it's a dumb play when the team is spread out....Idiotic on the goal line.

A fade route to a guy that doesn't play, a fade route on 4th down is a dumb play (almost never works) but to a guy that never gets the ball is idiotic.

Run the ball two more times...simply no question in my mind they get the 1st down.

Yeah the one I can't fault him for was the 2nd down run. Didn't work out but it wasn't unreasonable. Maybe I would have run him behind the run blockers on the right side of the line not the pass blockers on the left, though. 

There is little confidence in Fitz to throw the ball over the middle - for good reason too.

The "fade route" was actually supposed to be an out to Decker that got blown up at the line,,,the fade was poor improvisation.

Hate to inform you, but Brady and Belichick did not invent the pick play.  They have been run as long as there has been a forward pass.  I can't believe how sloppy they have gotten.  It is really easy to look back at the QB and run into a DB or LB while running your route. I could do it at the NFL level right now.  Somehow now everybody just goes out and blocks and then the refs have to decide when to flag it.

they did not invent it, but was the first team to abuse it,  same as 5 yd chuck rule as they abused that rule as well

Archived