Start Geno

drdetroit

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finally others see what needs to be done this team is going nowhere with Fitzpatrick he's a journeyman BUM lets see what Geno can do if he fails when the season ends we part ways with both them. 

I think Fitz is just maxed out at this point.  DB's are jumping routes on 2nd and third down.  His route tree is limited he can't really throw to the go or corner routes so our offensive playbook is limited.

I think Fitz is just maxed out at this point.  DB's are jumping routes on 2nd and third down.  His route tree is limited he can't really throw to the go or corner routes so our offensive playbook is limited.

Chan Gailey and Fitzpatrick are perfect together they both suck but the Jets failed to see this and signed them both to win it all here.

As a Geno supporter all season long, it's getting to the point that I don't want him to start now.  Bowles and Fitz made this bed of crap.  Let em sleep in it through the end of the season now.  What's the sense in getting a few wins (that no one will give Geno credit for) and ruining draft position?

If they make the switch this week I'm still for it.  Otherwise it's useless.

Fitz simply hasn't played well enough to keep the starting job. Might as well find out what Geno is with 2 good receivers and an offense that's a better fit for him.

Exactly. Its the perfect time to do it. Look, Fitz was great in September, no one is looking to take it away. However, we need to face the fact that Fitz isnt the answer here. Not even saying that Geno is the answer, but to not even see if we can get anything out of the potential upside would just be a crime. 

Everyone was stoked when we was 4-1 with Fitz, and rightfully so. But Fitz has also allowed that 4-1 to go to 5-5 afterwards...something that he's done with every team...now even including the jets. 

So, with all of the excuses about Fitz being different under this new regime and being with a "better team" has proven untrue, I think its time to see what Geno can do with a "better team" since he's never been on a good team. 

Whats the worst that could happen? We've already lost to the Bills, Raiders and Texans which would give them the tiebreaker for a playoff run. I say give Geno the keys and prepare him to go minimum 5-1 on the year. Whats the worst that could happen? I mean, we could go on to go 1-5 and end the year 6-10 with Fitz right? 

we're going to get the same ending.  there is a reason bowles would rather play a 1 armed old man than geno

bowles is a rookie head coach whos learning as he goes and has looked lost in his duties the last month or so. So his questionable decision making isnt something to hang your hat on.

We have lost 4 of 5. Its time to bench fitz.

You coudl be right, but Fitz is giving no incentive not to find out if Bowles decision is right. 

I think they want fitz to get them through this year and then hope petty is ready, but they have clearly moved on from geno.  he is an emergency QB only.  bowles seems stubborn on that.  if they had any faith in geno he would have gotten todays start over the guy who just had thumb surgery

fitz is going to have to break a leg for geno to get in, which probably happens the next scramble

sigh

I think they want fitz to get them through this year and then hope petty is ready, but they have clearly moved on from geno.  he is an emergency QB only.  bowles seems stubborn on that.  if they had any faith in geno he would have gotten todays start over the guy who just had thumb surgery

fitz is going to have to break a leg for geno to get in, which probably happens the next scramble

sigh

If this is true, then this coaching staff isnt fit to be successful. If you've moved on from a player, then get him off your team and fill in that roster spot with someone who you're willing to play. 

Fitz simply hasn't played well enough to keep the starting job. Might as well find out what Geno is with 2 good receivers and an offense that's a better fit for him.

We already know what Geno is...a big mouth twerp with a broken jaw waiting to happen....again. 

Chan Gailey and Fitzpatrick are perfect together they both suck but the Jets failed to see this and signed them both to win it all here.

DUH, there was just no one else to sign or are you suffering from Alzheimer's. Fitz was the best choice left and was meant to be the back up and mentor to Geno's last chance.

As fate would have it, Geno's last chance came and went before game 1. Geno has proven he is NOT a leader and does not deserve to be an NFL QB on any team. 

If this defense is going to get smoked by TJ Yates they may as well go with Geno at QB.  I liked the idea of Fitz because I thought the defense was going to be as good as or better than the 2009 version with improved personnel.  I was wrong about the defense which means Fitz's "solid" play won't be nearly enough.

Archived