We still don't control our destiny.

Jetsbb

Right now it says we get in over the Steelers but that's bec they played less conference games but we have the same amount of conference losses as them. We lose tie breaker in common games if both win out. Basically if the Chiefs and Steelers win out we are ****ed no matter what.

Teams always start to stumble around this time of year. When you think 11 wins may not get you in, wait a few weeks, and you'll see that 10 may get you in. Just seen the Pats lose today to a crappy Eagles team and see the Panthers almost lose to the crappy Saints. 

Before this weeks games, the Jets chances of making the playoffs if they went 5-0 was 99.6pct. I doubt it changes that much after today since we now eliminated the Texans from that group of teams that can win out and beat us in a tiebreaker. http://www.sportsclubstats.com/NFL/AFC/AFCEast/NYJets.html

Beat The Titans next week. That's the only thing we should care about right now. 

True. And the Cowboys the week after that. Then let's beat the Pats. And friggin destroy the Bills. But like you said let's just worry about the Titans. And all the other teams lol.

Talking playoff bubble scenarios after a 4-12 season  last year. Nice problem to have, even if we miss. 

Exactly - even if we go 9-7 / 10-6 (or even 11-5) and don't get in, at least it shows we're a far better team than that sorry excuse from last year.

Andy Reid teams usually play well in Dec, but I also just read we have the tiebreaker over them somehow if we both win out.  Not sure how that works honestly.  I think 10 wins is going to get us in, so we need to take care of business against TEN and DAL, and then hopefully we can take advantage of NE's sudden lack of weapons (will they have Gronk by then)?  It's very possibly we will be playing BUF for our playoff lives. 

Archived