Is Bellichick Senile?

ASH1962

How in the world do you defer in overtime with arguably the best QB in history on your team? That may be the dumbest call short of having the best RB in football yet throwing on first and goal in the super Bowl.

What a Christmas gift Bellichick has given to us Jet fans.

Question: What is the one thing Rex Ryan does well?

Answer: Win meaningless games at the end of seasons which save his a$$, but cost his franchise draft position. I am worried about next week, but this team has guts and leadership. I believe they can overcome adversity, hell they did today and have done so lately in every game. Even still, if we lose next week, winning 10 games after the last 3 seasons of garbage is a great improvement. They kept me interested until the last week and I am happy and grateful for that.

Mike M for executive of the year. Talk about turning $hit to gold.

How in the world do you defer in overtime with arguably the best QB in history on your team? That may be the dumbest call short of having the best RB in football yet throwing on first and goal in the super Bowl.

Answer: Win meaningless games at the end of seasons which save his a$$, but cost his franchise draft position. I am worried about next week, but this team has guts and leadership. I believe they can overcome adversity, hell they did today and have done so lately in every game. Even still, if we lose next week, winning 10 games after the last 3 seasons of garbage is a great improvement. They kept me interested until the last week.

Ummm coin flips?

It wasn't a bad strategy but not one I would endorse.

They only scored one offensive TD all game.  Jets D dominated them.  So kick the ball, hope your D hold them and you get the ball back and only need a FG to win it.  They do have a HOF kicker on the team too.

Personally if you have a HOF QB you always put the team on his shoulders and they absolutely should have received but I'm not complaining! :P

No one on the Pats sidelines seemed bothered by it because the Pats defense was actually playing well at the end of the game and almost won it for them. What won the game was that Gailey decided to go on the attack rather than play it conservative and that's the ultimate confidence in the QB when you do that. With Geno or Sanchez at the helm it would have been run, run, pass and NE would have won this game on a field goal.

You guys can say what you want, that was the second dumbest football decision I have ever seen. You NEVER EVER defer in overtime. Even with last licks against a FG, you never know. A PI here, a long pass there and it's over, like today.

No it was a retarded strategy the same one that got morninweg burned at the stake a few years back.

You have all the momentum, you have the best qb in the league, you have no real issue with the elements.  It was monumentally stupid, whether the jets scored or not.

No it was a retarded strategy the same one that got morninweg burned at the stake a few years back.

You have all the momentum, you have the best qb in the league, you have no real issue with the elements.  It was monumentally stupid, whether the jets scored or not.

+1

You guys can say what you want, that was the second dumbest football decision I have ever seen. You NEVER EVER defer in overtime. Even with last licks against a FG, you never know. A PI here, a long pass there and it's over, like today.

Unless you're playing with the wind blowing 30+ mph from one end zone to the other.  Then you can defer and pick direction instead of kick/receive.  Otherwise, no, you don't.

They only scored one offensive TD all game.  Jets D dominated them.  So kick the ball, hope your D hold them and you get the ball back and only need a FG to win it.  They do have a HOF kicker on the team too.

Personally if you have a HOF QB you always put the team on his shoulders and they absolutely should have received but I'm not complaining! :P

Thought the same thing.

NE struggled the whole day on offense

The Jets just had two three and outs in a row.  Or close to it.

I think he was covering for slater. Slater was very "animated" when he realized what he said

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, Slater was animated that he thought if he elects to kick then he elects the direction. But he clearly wanted to kick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They didn't defer, they chose to kick-off. If they chose to defer they would have been able to pick the direction they wanted to go. That was botched; no one is picking up on it.

Answer: Win meaningless games at the end of seasons which save his a$$, but cost his franchise draft position. I am worried about next week, but this team has guts and leadership. I believe they can overcome adversity, hell they did today and have done so lately in every game. Even still, if we lose next week, winning 10 games after the last 3 seasons of garbage is a great improvement. They kept me interested until the last week and I am happy and grateful for that.

Mike M for executive of the year. Talk about turning $hit to gold.

Meh......we should have been playing for the division today. 

Archived