Feeling Great about our Long Term Future. Feeling Sorry for Buffalo.

Shockwave

Oh stop,lol. Your never going to be perfect being a coach. The players still have to make plays. Bowles can't wave a magic wand over our slow azz LBs & make them faster. He can't put glue on Pace hands to pick off that ball that hit him RIGHT IN THE HANDS, he can't punt for Quigley, or catch those 7 drops, or kick the missed FG! Or pull back Fitz dumb predetermined pass to Decker while he's being draped by McKelvin. He can't block for Dbrick who was abused by Darius & hit Fitz while he was trying to throw a TD to a streaking Marshall. Rex players made MORE PLAYS than Bowles players. It's not rocket science, everyone had a hand in it. 

Would agree here. I think we got pretty much everything out of this team that we could. Fitzpatrick played above his head yet was still obviously very limited against the better defenses. The special teams sucked all year...that needs to be fixed ASAP.

The team didnt come out flat against Buffalo...teams have comparable talent and Buffalo was at home and wasnt mailing it in. We won 10 games, it sucks but oh well.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not complaining about what he did at all.  He had to get an influx of talent any way he could.  This was one of, if not the worst rosters in the league last season and Mac did an incredible job in one offseason of making this one of the more talented rosters in the league.  

I disagree the Jets couldnt win 3 straight road games in the playoffs.  The AFC is terrible.  Rex Ryan won 2 straight with a worse team in back to back seasons and he's the worst HC ever, so why couldnt a better Jets team do it this season vs. the weakest field ever? 

Whatevers.  What's done is done. Like you said, like I said, we just have to hope they draft well and then it wont be all about Bowles making perfect decision after perfect decision.  

Talent > coaching, all day, everyday.

The fact is the Jets were a bad road team all year, we barely beat a terrible Dallas team on the road the week before the Pats game. Anything is possible, but if you think we were going to win 3 straight road games against winning teams, I think that is very, very far fetched.

Not sure why this is about Rex, apparently some Jets fans would have rather beaten Rex 2 times and gone 8-8 like he did, then go 10-6 like we did. Whatever floats your boat I guess

I don't get this.  It is never 'easy' to win 10 games in this league - despite records.  The Steelers won 10 games and loss twice to a 5-11 team within the Division. Winning a division game on the road is rarely a gimme - just ask the Pats who lost to the worst team in the east. If it was so damn easy why didn't the Bills win 10 games with roughly the same schedule (beating us twice as we choked)?  

With the way Tyrod played all year the Bills underachieved big time. If Rex got any consistency out of that defense they're a 11 win team. 

Yet on the same hand, you are praising Rex for going 8-8 in Buffalo, when the were a better team than us last year, added very good players, and missed the playoffs for the 16th season when he himself said they are going to the playoffs. So if we beat Rex twice this year and went 8-8 and missed the playoffs, you would have felt better than going 10-6 and missing the playoffs????? I mean WTF man??

where did I praise Rex for going 8-8? I said Rex did a bad job this year

The fact is the Jets were a bad road team all year, we barely beat a terrible Dallas team on the road the week before the Pats game. Anything is possible, but if you think we were going to win 3 straight road games against winning teams, I think that is very, very far fetched.

Not sure why this is about Rex, apparently some Jets fans would have rather beaten Rex 2 times and gone 8-8 like he did, then go 10-6 like we did. Whatever floats your boat I guess

Meh, .500 on the road is probably pretty average around the league.  It's about getting in.  Anything can happen and the Jets were hot till Sunday.  With it being the worst playoff landscape ever, you never know and we never will. lol

All good!  Here's to Big Mac and Bowles hopefully being the right combo.

With the way Tyrod played all year the Bills underachieved big time. If Rex got any consistency out of that defense they're a 11 win team. 

I mostly agree but don't forget Taylor missed time and they had some key injuries while we were mostly healthy.  taylor missed 2 games, if he's healthy and they win those 2 maybe they make the playoffs? McCoy missed 4 games, Williams missed 5(Karlos not the quitter on D), Harvin only played 5 games, Watkins missed 3.  Injuries are part of the game but do we not think that contributed to them going 8-8?

I mostly agree but don't forget Taylor missed time and they had some key injuries while we were mostly healthy.  taylor missed 2 games, if he's healthy and they win those 2 maybe they make the playoffs? McCoy missed 4 games, Williams missed 5(Karlos not the quitter on D), Harvin only played 5 games, Watkins missed 3.  Injuries are part of the game but do we not think that contributed to them going 8-8?

Their offense was fairly consistent all year. The defense sucked outside of the two Jets games and the Colts game for whatever reason. 

Meh, .500 on the road is probably pretty average around the league.  It's about getting in.  Anything can happen and the Jets were hot till Sunday.  With it being the worst playoff landscape ever, you never know and we never will. lol

Thats all we can all hope for!

But remember. One road game was at MetLife (Giants) and another was in London, a neutral site. 

Jets lost to NE,Oakland, Houston, and Buffalo

Jets beat Colts and Dallas.

2-4 in true road games

How do you think Bowles would've done w/o: Marshall, Fitz, Revis, Cro, Skrine, Williams, Mauldin?

I'm not saying Bowles is a bad coach.  I would've stayed with Rex, but Bowles is showing some promise.  I just don't understand the knocks on Rex.  He had absolute crap to work with for years.  Completely expect him to do well in Buffalo.  (Yes I know his team under-performed this year, but it'll take some time to put it together there, just like it will here.)

Probably no better than Rex would have done without Taylor, McCoy, Harvin, Clay, Darby?

Both teams improved their rosters over last season

Who cares about Buffalo. I agree we are in good hands but I care about the Bills 2 times a year and we got beat both times.

yeah, we have to fix that. win 1 of those and we get into playoffs; 2 and we take the division and a bye... 

Rex had a 2 game improvement from his first to second year, maybe Bowles can do the same.

How do you think Bowles would've done w/o: Marshall, Fitz, Revis, Cro, Skrine, Williams, Mauldin?

I'm not saying Bowles is a bad coach.  I would've stayed with Rex, but Bowles is showing some promise.  I just don't understand the knocks on Rex.  He had absolute crap to work with for years.  Completely expect him to do well in Buffalo.  (Yes I know his team under-performed this year, but it'll take some time to put it together there, just like it will here.)

Rex had direct influence on the roster.

Hypothetical your way out of that reality.

I'm not saying Bowles is a bad coach.  I would've stayed with Rex, but Bowles is showing some promise.  I just don't understand the knocks on Rex.  He had absolute crap to work with for years.  Completely expect him to do well in Buffalo.  (Yes I know his team under-performed this year, ran Mccoybut it'll take some time to put it together there, just like it will here.)

But Rex had Sammy Watkins, LeSean McCoy, Bradham, Dareus, Williams, Darby etc.  Even TT  allowed him to not use E.J. Manuel.  And he finished 8-8. 

But remember. One road game was at MetLife (Giants) and another was in London, a neutral site. 

Jets lost to NE,Oakland, Houston, and Buffalo

Jets beat Colts and Dallas.

2-4 in true road games

Good point.  But the Jets came into Sunday playing their best ball of the year and the AFC is poop, so they may have reversed that fortune.  

They lost in Foxborough - everyone losses in Foxborough.  They lost in Oakland.  Tough west coast trip and the Jets never play well there.  Buffalo is a tough place to play too.

I just dont think any game other than going to Foxborough or maybe Arrowhead would be an insane road trip for the Jets.  Defense and a run game typically travel well.  

That wasnt sentiment prior to the season, and I'm not sure it's true now.  Bowles>Rex

doesn't matter, No one though Car would be 15-1 before the season and if they don't win SB now it will be major disappointment for them.  expectations change, we had the more talented, healthy team and it wasn't close and in our biggest game rex badly outcoached Bowles.

But Rex had Sammy Watkins, LeSean McCoy, Bradham, Dareus, Williams, Darby etc.  Even TT  allowed him to not use E.J. Manuel.  And he finished 8-8. 

Watkins missed 3 games

McCoy 4 and i'm not sure he was ever really healthy

Dareus 1

Karlos Williams 5

taylor 2

he had to use Manuel, went 0-2 in those games and missed playoffs by 2 games

doesn't matter, No one though Car would be 15-1 before the season and if they don't win SB now it will be major disappointment for them.  expectations change, we had the more talented, healthy team and it wasn't close and in our biggest game rex badly outcoached Bowles.

Bowles didnt have one of his better games thats for sure.  Howver, Bowles on a whole did a nice job this season and Rex did not.  Rex is the best coach in the NFL for meaningless  week 17 games.  See 2013 & 2014.

Bowles didnt have one of his better games thats for sure.  Howver, Bowles on a whole did a nice job this season and Rex did not.  Rex is the best coach in the NFL for meaningless  week 17 games.  See 2013 & 2014.

week 17 Rex is now 5-2, Bowles 0-1. 

The Colts and Bengals sitting all their starters had more to do with that than Wrecks.

No they didn't, still have to win the game.  how many backups w/ injuries did we face this week? and Cincy removed their starters at half when we were leading 27-0.  Indy removed in 3rd qtr in close game,  it's a nice excuse though.

Archived