With Marshall, Fitz and Decker back

kevinc855

The offensive line is aging and it happening quickly. Based on Gailey's offense and Fitz's arm strength, quick short passes is the how we throw. Top 10 will be a challenge as teams have a year of film to look at our offense.

The offensive line is aging and it happening quickly. Based on Gailey's offense and Fitz's arm strength, quick short passes is the how we throw. Top 10 will be a challenge as teams have a year of film to look at our offense.

The NFL is a really smart league.  It doesn't take a year to get film on a team.  They had film all year and by years end with all that film for opponents the Jets won 5 out of 6.

A years worth of film won't tell anyone anything they didn't know a year ago.  Good offenses with good offensive talent is hard to stop and takes more than film.  

The NFL is a really smart league.  It doesn't take a year to get film on a team.  They had film all year and by years end with all that film for opponents the Jets won 5 out of 6.

A years worth of film won't tell anyone anything they didn't know a year ago.  Good offenses with good offensive talent is hard to stop and takes more than film.  

Your right, it's talent, we have two great receivers who can get open. Both are possession types, that are Big and tough to cover.

We ask them to run slants, picks and quick outs. The balls in the air quickly, it's why the lines not given up to many sacks this year because the offence is based on the quick pass.

We need a real Tight End a #3. and a more dynamic Running Back.

Your right, it's talent, we have two great receivers who can get open. Both are possession types, that are Big and tough to cover.

We ask them to run slants, picks and quick outs. The balls in the air quickly, it's why the lines not given up to many sacks this year because the offence is based on the quick pass.

What's a Tight End?  Anyways, here's a dynamic RB from TCU, Aaron Green.  Mid round pick.  Is sneaky fast, elusive, has great vision , good hands.  Sleeper steal. 

What's a Tight End?  Anyways, here's a dynamic RB from TCU, Aaron Green.  Mid round pick.  Is sneaky fast, elusive, has great vision , good hands.  Sleeper steal. 

I think we've all picked up on Todd's end of season comments, about getting fast. I agree a home run hitter Running back is a must. Plus some fast young backers behind that Dline, will be a game changer for us.

The OLine can't stay in tact if we want to remain a top 10 offense (how weird is that to

say about the Jets).  We have to address our OT's and Winters/Harrison must battle

it out to see who is our RG

Agree.  Only problem is real TEs are not easy to find.  Seems like today its either a receiving TE or a blocking TE.  Gailey's offense needs a TE to do both.  Amaro needs to get his blocking skills down.  I do think we get a RB in the draft.  Like that the early mock drafts have us going that way with our 1st on Elliot.  

I'm cautiously optimistic on Amaro going into next year.  I know Chan's offense doesn't utilize TE's but Amaro is more of a big possession receiver than a TE.  Everyone's down on the guy but he did lead all rookie TE's in receptions with Geno as QB in a horrible offense.  Gailey has done a good job utilizing the talent on this team not just Decker and Marshall.  I'm hopeful he'll do the same with Amaro.

There's a good chance Fitz won't have the same kind of season next year and they better bring in some help on the oline. One major injury on the line and the O is going to struggle. 

Why?  Hes gotten better every year and he's not losing any of his targets, if anything might get a new toy with a TE. 

The offensive line is aging, everyone does.  But I don't see why its aging quickly.  If anything they played better this year than last.  We're to quick to deduce that 30something means almost done.  Brick and Mangold are still very, very good players and better than most at their position.  Mangold is a pro bowl center.  No one else on the line is old.  Can we get better, well yeah.  But they're not falling apart because of age.  

The offensive line is aging, everyone does.  But I don't see why its aging quickly.  If anything they played better this year than last.  We're to quick to deduce that 30something means almost done.  Brick and Mangold are still very, very good players and better than most at their position.  Mangold is a pro bowl center.  No one else on the line is old.  Can we get better, well yeah.  But they're not falling apart because of age.  

Carpenter was a great signing and is fairly young. Winters was excellent in pass blocking and is of course young too. Brick is the only one who age is impacting significantly, though of course that will happen eventually for Mangold. He's not going to be able to handle speed rushers forever. OT must be addressed with an early pick, not after that occurs.

Says who?  Name all the QBs who've improved up to their 32 birthday and then lost it by their 33rd birthday.  Odds are in his favor 

No they are not.

Fitz played 8 games against teams who's defenses were ranked 25th-32nd this year.

Fitz will regress big time next year against good defensive teams.

Says who?  Name all the QBs who've improved up to their 32 birthday and then lost it by their 33rd birthday.  Odds are in his favor 

You are absolutely correct.  As long as the weapons around Fitz remain, and the O-line holds up Fitz should remain in his prime another couple of seasons.

You are absolutely correct.  As long as the weapons around Fitz remain, and the O-line holds up Fitz should remain in his prime another couple of seasons.

I love matter of fact, the odds are against him being what he is statement as fact.  That he isn't what he was this season.   Or that he can't repeat it. 

No they are not.

Fitz played 8 games against teams who's defenses were ranked 25th-32nd this year.

Fitz will regress big time next year against good defensive teams.

None of this total nonsense proves that he wouldn't have done well if those teams had higher ranked defenses.   I don't even know who those 8 were and whether they were his good games or not.  And the differenc between the 25 and 15th ranked defense is almost negligible. 

He played just as he did in Houston.  You're full of shlt if you think this indicates anything

He's going to be 34. 

The only QB I can name off the top of my head that was crappy then finally good after hitting his mid 30's is Kurt Warner. There has been a handful of others that were good/great but they were already super stars. 

I'm sure there's more then just Warner but I'm to lazy to look. 

He's going to be 34. 

The only QB I can name off the top of my head that was a crappy then finally good after hitting his mid 30's is Kurt Warner. There has been a handful of others but they were already super stars. 

Vinny was 35 on the 1998 Jets team and Rich Gannon was 35 with Oakland and Jim Plunkett was 36 when the Raiders won the Bowl.. That's all I remember without looking but the Skins won some Bowls with older QB's that got good that year..

He's going to be 34. 

The only QB I can name off the top of my head that was crappy then finally good after hitting his mid 30's is Kurt Warner. There has been a handful of others that were good/great but they were already super stars. 

Fitz has been a lot better than crappy for years on really bad teams.  

My question isn't close to who went from crappy to good.

my question is who went to good and fell off, completely the following year. 

Vinny was 35 on the 1998 Jets team and Rich Gannon was 35 with Oakland and Jim Plunkett was 36 when the Raiders won the Bowl.. That's all I remember without looking but the Skins won some Bowls with older QB's that got good that year..

Can anyone answer who had really good years at 33 and fell off the next season? 

That was his point, the odds are that Fitz will fall off.  I say the odds don't come close to saying that. 

He will be 33 going into next season. The plan is to keep Fitz for prob only two more seasons. It's not even a discussion whether he's to old because he's not. Not even close. Hopefully petty develops nicely and is ready for 2018

Someone gets the point.  Let's celebrate

He's going to be 34. 

and he came into the season at 32.  He ended the season at 33.  Will start and play at 33 next year.  

None of this total nonsense proves that he wouldn't have done well if those teams had higher ranked defenses.   I don't even know who those 8 were and whether they were his good games or not.  And the differenc between the 25 and 15th ranked defense is almost negligible. 

He played just as he did in Houston.  You're full of shlt if you think this indicates anything

Also, he benefited greatly from unseasonably warm, non-windy weather in Nov and Dec.

You saw first hand in Buffalo how he does not have the physical capabilities to play in windy weather.

His passes in the 4th quarter had a greater hang time than Quigley's punts.

Archived