Eric Rogers

#bman

The CFL receiver I would look out for is Derrel Walker, is still under contract for at least one more year here in Edmonton but this guy reminds me of Landry, a reach to suggest he would be as good as Landry but he is that type of player, smart, gets open, good hands, can get deep despite not being a speed burner.

Right. We essentially got nothing from our third receiver position this year.  As many drops as catches, it seemed.  This guy is not breaking the bank.  If a guy has the skills we need, I am for it.  Devin Smith, in case anyone has noticed, has proved nothing to this point.

Didn't Devin Smith miss most of training camp with an injury that kept him out for a few games this season. I have a feeling Smith will show us some great things next season. Even if Devin Smith turns into an all star overnight though we still need a #4 #5 and #6 guy so looking at any player who could possibly make us better is worthwhile.

Didn't Devin Smith miss most of training camp with an injury that kept him out for a few games this season. I have a feeling Smith will show us some great things next season. Even if Devin Smith turns into an all star overnight though we still need a #4 #5 and #6 guy so looking at any player who could possibly make us better is worthwhile.

It actually looked like Smith was much improved his last game or so before he got hurt.  Being a recent high pick the Jets won't toss him aside that is for sure.  Have to hope he comes to camp this year and now knows what he has to do.  He seemed pretty lost at times.

It actually looked like Smith was much improved his last game or so before he got hurt.  Being a recent high pick the Jets won't toss him aside that is for sure.  Have to hope he comes to camp this year and now knows what he has to do.  He seemed pretty lost at times.

He is the first draft pick that the Jets took in a long time now that I actually wanted them to draft, I have high hopes for the kid.

I always love that logic.  I laugh every time a fan complains about a roster upgrade because of the QB situation, as if no improvements should be made unless you have Aaron Rodgers at QB.  How awesome would it be to finally get a great QB and then explain to him that you have no blockers or receivers for him to work with because you were just waiting for him to show up first?  Good stuff.

Oh you follow the Indianapolis Colts :D

The Jets have wide outs ,running game without a top ten QB it just a waste of good player and Friz is not the answer to the jets needs.

so the time and effort it took to inte view, etc, took what exactly away from their efforts to get a QB later?  You know when QBs will be available or not?  

Downsid here is what exactly?  Is there an order, QBs before WRs that has to be followed? 

And better yet, what does Fitz have to do with the Jets talking to a WR? 

Kid probably took a look at the depth chart of the Jets and the 49ers  and decided he stood a better chance with the 49ers .  He would be coming to a team with 4 WRs ahead of him already and the draft and free agency still to come. If he chose the 49ers because of that reason, I don't want him anyway.  Kid has to have better confidence in himself and his ability than that .

Kid probably took a look at the depth chart of the Jets and the 49ers  and decided he stood a better chance with the 49ers .  He would be coming to a team with 4 WRs ahead of him already and the draft and free agency still to come. If he chose the 49ers because of that reason, I don't want him anyway.  Kid has to have better confidence in himself and his ability than that .

Why even speculate on confidence being part of why a lower tier FA made his choice?  The kid went to a few camps and weighed a few deals.  If he felt more comfortable with the Niners good for him.  Maybe he likes the idea of playing for Chip Kelly.  There will certainly be more plays on the table there than playing for a team with a defensive coach, chicken armed QB and ball hog #1 WR.  The kid went to Cal Lutheran and he is a California kid.  Maybe he just prefers the west coast.  He also got a $125K signing bonus.  That isn't much in the scheme of NFL contracts, but for a fringe kid it can make a big difference.

Archived