Favorite Ex-Jets to Win Super Bowl

nyjunc

excluding those old enough to remember Super Bowl III most of us have never seen a jets SB so the closest is watching former jets win w/ other teams.  Who are your favorites?

Here is an incomplete list, please add more if you can think of any.

Burgess Owens Oak 1980

John Riggins Was 1982

Lawrence Pillars SF 1981, 1984

Glenn Cadrez Den 1997, 1998

Marvin Washington Den 1998

Bryan Cox NE 2001

Bobby Hamilton NE 2001, 2003

Roman Phifer NE, 2001, 2003, 2004

Anthony Pleasant NE 2001, 2003

Jermaine Wiggins NE 2001

Otis Smith NE 2001

Keyshawn Johnson TB 2002

Fred Baxter NE 2003

Dedric Ward NE 2003

James Farrior Pitt 2005, 2008

Kareem McKenzie NYG 2007, 2011

Jonathon Goodwin NO 2009

Jonathan Vilma NO 2009

Darrelle Revis NE 2014

excluding those old enough to remember Super Bowl III most of us have never seen a jets SB so the closest is watching former jets win w/ other teams.  Who are your favorites?

Here is an incomplete list, please add more if you can think of any.

Burgess Owens Oak 1980

John Riggins Was 1982

Lawrence Pillars SF 1981, 1984

Glenn Cadrez Den 1997, 1998

Marvin Washington Den 1998

Bryan Cox NE 2001

Bobby Hamilton NE 2001, 2003

Roman Phifer NE, 2001, 2003, 2004

Anthony Pleasant NE 2001, 2003

Jermaine Wiggins NE 2001

Otis Smith NE 2001

Keyshawn Johnson TB 2002

Fred Baxter NE 2003

Dedric Ward NE 2003

James Farrior Pitt 2005, 2008

Kareem McKenzie NYG 2007, 2011

Jonathon Goodwin NO 2009

Jonathan Vilma NO 2009

Darrelle Revis NE 2014

Since Revis has already been said, I'll go w/ everyone's favorite - Keyshawn.  Such an easy guy to root for!

It's been so long...as a kid I loved the Marvin Jones/Mo Lewis group.

yup...and it feels like a lifetime ago since we had the ability to apply pressure from the edges. Abraham? **** him and his Oakland hangover.  Why is it, God, that when I think of timely sacks, I think of Chad ******* cascadden!?!? Why do you mock me, God?

Watching Vonn Miller destroy the Pats was freaking awesome....then terribly, terribly sad. I want a Vonn Miller before I die.

yup...and it feels like a lifetime ago since we had the ability to apply pressure from the edges. Abraham? **** him and his Oakland hangover.  Why is it, God, that when I think of timely sacks, I think of Chad ******* cascadden!?!? Why do you mock me, God?

Watching Vonn Miller destroy the Pats was freaking awesome....then terribly, terribly sad. I want a Vonn Miller before I die.

Always loved Cascadden and while he wasn't a Jet for long, his few sacks seemed to be in big spots.  Strip sack of Marino for a TD and got to Elway twice in the AFCCG.

Farrior 

when end are we gonna have a LB Corp !???? Arrrrrgh...we need LBers!!!

Drafting LBs means we'll be trying to emulate the team who is likely to lose the Superbowl (Denver).  I still think we need to trade up for Goff/Wentz instead to try to emulate the team who is likely to win the Superbowl (on the back of their superstar QB).

Always loved Cascadden and while he wasn't a Jet for long, his few sacks seemed to be in big spots.  Strip sack of Marino for a TD and got to Elway twice in the AFCCG.

I was in Miami for the sack/TD in 1998.  what a great moment to clinch that game and send all the phin fans home.

I was in Miami for the sack/TD in 1998.  what a great moment to clinch that game and send all the phin fans home.

I was in Korea listening on AFN radio.  Remember laughing out loud because my roommate at the time was a Phins fan and I was gonna' bust his chips for days.

One other guy I can remember is James Ihedigbo with Baltimore.

Off that list I was happy for Vilma since he was a favorite of mine while he was here and he got traded, didn't have a problem as a Jet with the organization at all. Ihedigbo is another I was happy for, and I'll be happy for Cotchery if he wins it with Carolina this year.

Sent from my SM-N915T using Tapatalk

One other guy I can remember is James Ihedigbo with Baltimore.

Off that list I was happy for Vilma since he was a favorite of mine while he was here and he got traded, didn't have a problem as a Jet with the organization at all. Ihedigbo is another I was happy for, and I'll be happy for Cotchery if he wins it with Carolina this year.

Sent from my SM-N915T using Tapatalk

Can't believe the Jets let Cotchery go.

He killed the Pats.

Vilma is a good one.

I got an autograph from rookie punter Craig Hentrich at Hofstra, which was enough for my 9 year old self to root for him over Louie Aguiar in the punter competition that year. Aguiar won and Hentrich was cut and never played a regular season down for the Jets but he went on to a long career and won a super bowl with Green Bay and appeared in another with Tennessee. 

Archived