If Snacks signs 4 yr/ $32mil deal... comp pick =?

32EBoozer

Let Snacks walk or take the comp pick(4th rd)  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Pay or walk?

• Pay
    • Take the comp pick.

Releasing Brick as a post June 1 cut saves $7 mil. I think we can re-sign him to a new, more team friendly contract. If not, I know of a few FA that can fill his level of play for less than $14 mil. Lioke stated above, MacDaddy has some tough decisions to make. 

"Richardson while playing at a high level has displayed poor character, so why should I prepare to make him a big offer instead of giving that offer to someone who's earned it".  I agree with this statement. Mo has been a Pro on and off the field. Sheldon still has trade value after next season(5th yr. optionin 2017)

Tough, tough decisions ahead. If Mac can navigate these waters professionally, then our future looks bright.

Releasing Brick as a post June 1 cut saves $7 mil. I think we can re-sign him to a new, more team friendly contract. If not, I know of a few FA that can fill his level of play for less than $14 mil. Lioke stated above, MacDaddy has some tough decisions to make. 

"Richardson while playing at a high level has displayed poor character, so why should I prepare to make him a big offer instead of giving that offer to someone who's earned it".  I agree with this statement. Mo has been a Pro on and off the field. Sheldon still has trade value after next season(5th yr. optionin 2017)

Tough, tough decisions ahead. If Mac can navigate these waters professionally, then our future looks bright.

Sorry, but a decision on Ferguson has to be made by the start of the league yr preferably and certainly before June because his present contract cannot be allowed to affect the 2017 cap

Sorry, but a decision on Ferguson has to be made by the start of the league yr preferably and certainly before June because his present contract cannot be allowed to affect the 2017 cap

You can cut someone earlier and designated them as a "Post June 1 cut" IIRC

You can cut someone earlier and designated them as a "Post June 1 cut" IIRC

Agreed, but their present contract will affect the cap 2 yrs down the road in proration.  IIRC Brick carries a 14+ mil cap hit for the 2016 season, and if he's cut pre June, he saves us 9+ mil against the cap with 5+ mil in dead money in 2016 and we are free of him forever . If release post June, his remaining cap hit is spread out over 2016 and 2017 .  His present contract has to be taken care of before June one way or the other.

I believe they will do a tag and trade for Mo, let "Snacks"  & Ivory walk, Jets sign Fitz and Lamarr Miller. Jets get a 5th  

Bowles loves Harrison and I doubt Mac lets him walk. They will franchise Wilkerson, and let Cromartie and Demario Davis walk and along with restructure of Ferguson contract should be enough. Plus, the cap number always rises after the NFL year officially begins again. Fitz, Wilk and Snacks must be signed. I could live without Ivory - he let us down against Buffalo big time and I think Powell could be a feature back and the draft could bring some RB depth.

If the Jets trade anyone, I would vote for Richardson. He has moments of greatness, but I don't like his off field attitude. I would try to explore a trade, but if no one comes through I would let him walk. The rookie can take his place and not lose anything.

If this was pre-2000s, sure.  Snacks is awesome, and one of the, if not the best 3-4 DTs.  But as it's been said many times, this is a passing league now and we have the Pats to deal with (the most pass-heavy team in the league).  Can't spend 8mil/year on a run stuffer.  Look what Denver was able to do to NE with outside speed rushers.  

6mil/year?... now we're talkin'.

Pass rusher in the Draft......... ILB in FA. That's how I'd hit it. You can't get much of a pass rusher for $8mil

agree, and I also thin think they do need to go after at least 2 pass rushers

Nick Perry...maybe Bruce Irvin....both players I'd rather pay a premium for. 

yup, throw in cro's money and we should get a game changer

Richardson is 1 blunt away from being with Josh Gordon and a year long suspension. No one should be counting on him long term. 

If theres anyone that we should be listening on a trade its him. The guy may be out for the season at any time. 

Unless we sign NO ONE (or cut players) we are not getting ANY comp picks. 

If we let Harrison walk - We will be getting NOTHING in return. 

Now wait a minute,,,, If we sign a couple of guys to 2yr. $10mil deals and Snacks signs a $32 mil deal and Ivory a 2/yr $10mil deal, we will be getting back a comp pick or 2

Maybe not a 4th but definitely a 6th. Especially if we use our money to sign Powell and Mo.

Now wait a minute,,,, If we sign a couple of guys to 2yr. $10mil deals and Snacks signs a $32 mil deal and Ivory a 2/yr $10mil deal, we will be getting back a comp pick or 2

Maybe not a 4th but definitely a 6th. Especially if we use our money to sign Powell and Mo.

We only get comp picks if we lose more guys then we sign that qualify. There are only 32 possible comp picks so low deals will not qualify. 

We would only be awarded a pick based on differential if we are in the top 32 slots. Meaning if there is 32  clear cut situations in which teams lost more players then it gained that would be the cut off. This is surely not a guaranteed thing - Something I would not be expecting. 

http://overthecap.com/projecting-the-compensatory-draft-picks-for-2015/

We only get comp picks if we lose more guys then we sign that qualify. There are only 32 possible comp picks so low deals will not qualify. 

We would only be awarded a pick based on differential if we are in the top 32 slots. Meaning if there is 32  clear cut situations in which teams lost more players then it gained that would be the cut off. This is surely not a guaranteed thing - Something I would not be expecting. 

http://overthecap.com/projecting-the-compensatory-draft-picks-for-2015/

Did you read that whole posting at OTC. I am more confident now that Snacks would bring us back a 4th and maybe a 3rd. With our Cap situation, I see us retaining Wilkerson and Powell. We will let Ivory, Davis and Darrin Walls who will all get signed If Harrison walks he'll get a $7-8mil/yr 4 yr. deal which got SF a 4th and if Snacks gets an &8+mil AYS then we get a 3rd like Cincinatti did for losing Michael Johnson

agree, and I also thin think they do need to go after at least 2 pass rushers

yup, throw in cro's money and we should get a game changer

Not sure I'd define Nick Perry as a game changer.  12 sacks in 4 years isn't changing much.  Coples had more of an impact

It's a lot easier to find a 34 DE than it is to find a pure NT  in the NFL . This draft is full of 34 DEs who are stout against the run and can get to the QB . There are very few pure NTs in this or any draft. 

bowles knows his value better than anyone, I remember before the season he was talking about how excited he was to have a player like snacks to work with

bowles knows his value better than anyone, I remember before the season he was talking about how excited he was to have a player like snacks to work with

Plus Snacks was the guy that helped Williams with his adjustments to the NFL game and called him little kitty. :) Sheldon helped also however Mo probably looked at Williams as his possible replacement so maybe wasn't as helpful??

Did you read that whole posting at OTC. I am more confident now that Snacks would bring us back a 4th and maybe a 3rd. With our Cap situation, I see us retaining Wilkerson and Powell. We will let Ivory, Davis and Darrin Walls who will all get signed If Harrison walks he'll get a $7-8mil/yr 4 yr. deal which got SF a 4th and if Snacks gets an &8+mil AYS then we get a 3rd like Cincinatti did for losing Michael Johnson

I read that site all the time.....

For us to get any pick we need to lose Snacks and not sign anyone (Or lose more FA then we sign). 

With all of our holes I don't see that happening. We likely will sign more then we lose and get nothing. 

4 hours ago, Shockwave said:

I read that site all the time.....

For us to get any pick we need to lose Snacks and not sign anyone (Or lose more FA then we sign). 

With all of our holes I don't see that happening. We likely will sign more then we lose and get nothing. 

No..... # of FA signings is a smaller part of the equation. Values of contracts and the disparity of those taken on vs. the teams FA signed elsewhere. If you bring in three $750,000 contracts and Snacks signs a $32 mil deal.... you will receive compensatyion.

Archived